Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TN Lottery Pick 5 ending Oct 1

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86739
February 9, 2010
483 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I saw a notice of this today. The last draw will be Oct 1 I think.

I dont see anything on the website though.

Anyone know if they are replacing it with something else?

I really enjoy Pick 5 -- probably win more times on it than MM and PB combined (and dont get me started on pick 3 and pick 4)

Maybe that is why they are ending it ,since it actually produces winners.

Nashville, TN
    United States
    Member #86739
    February 9, 2010
    483 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2010, 9:29 am - IP Logged

The TN Lottery site is blocked at work Mad so I have been una ble to post this, but on the TN lottery site under the Pick 5 section is this:

The last day to purchase a PICK 5 multi-draw ticket for twelve (12) consecutive drawings is Monday Sept. 6, 2010. After the PICK 5 drawing on Monday, Sept. 6, 2010, the number of available multi-draw options will decrease by one after each drawing, with all multi-draw options ending after the drawing on Wednesday, September 29, 2010.

The last PICK 5 drawing will be on Friday, Oct. 1, 2010. {see the TN Lottery site } for a PICK 5 Rolldown schedule.

I am starting to sense that not a lot of people on here play Pick 5. Butch2030 has posted a helpful spreadsheet of numbers and combos from the past-- I hope it will be of great use before this pick 5 ends.

Maybe a new game will replace this one.

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
      Elgin, IL
      United States
      Member #68867
      January 1, 2009
      1221 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2010, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I am sorry that they are ending the TN Pick 5 on 10/01/10.  But in case anyone missed my last post on the TN Pick 5, here is the file you look at.

You can view / download combos & patterns found in the Tennessee Pick 5 game at the following:  http://www.box.net/shared/cp89q4j79x

Please advise of any questions and/or problems.

Good Luck & Best Wishes To All on the last remaining drawings.

Nashville, TN
        United States
        Member #86739
        February 9, 2010
        483 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2010, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

The TN lottery website now mentions the info about pick 5 going away but no say as to why or if there will be a replacement.

I hope they address this soon.

Nashville, TN
          United States
          Member #86739
          February 9, 2010
          483 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2010, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

WHile buying a few Pick 5 tickets last night I asked the clerk about the game. He said it will be replaced and showed me some kind of official looking laminated print out from the TN lottery describing what will be called:

Tennessee Cashball

Or the like. It will be 5 numbers, just as pick 5 is now, EXCEPT, it will have a 'Tennessee Cashball' (a 6th number) just like the friggin powerball and mega millions!

I didnt look at the document very long, so I dont know the odds or how high the numbers go or anything, I just know i am FURIOUS as this will obviously lower the chances of winning.

Maybe in the end it wont be too bad but I would rather keep Pick 5 as it is. I am certain the jackpots will be higher but the way the TN lottery is, I will not hold my breath.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2010, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Well that is annoying.  I noticed that Tennessee has never made an attempt to make Pick/lotto 5 a daily game like the pick 5/fantasy 5 games in other states.  I've never really understood why they never implemented those changes.  I look at this as a step in the wrong direction.  Lotto Plus was a flop and I am afraid this one will also be a flop considering their poor advertising and computerized drawing methods.  I have noticed that number game sales for Tennessee have dramatically declined since computerized drawings were implemented and before long their only revenue will be on instant tickets (wait, it already is). 

Also, Tennessee and a few other states have a problem with fixing games that are NOT broken.  For example, Tennessee is taking away one of my favorite style games... Pick 5 to follow a powerball/hot lotto/Mega Millions format.  Come on Tennessee... at least be creative.  Another example was Lotto South.  You don't want to get me started there.  Win For Life could NEVER be as great as LSouth.  

Just my opinion.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Nashville, TN
              United States
              Member #86739
              February 9, 2010
              483 Posts
              Posted: September 20, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Well that is annoying.  I noticed that Tennessee has never made an attempt to make Pick/lotto 5 a daily game like the pick 5/fantasy 5 games in other states.  I've never really understood why they never implemented those changes.  I look at this as a step in the wrong direction.  Lotto Plus was a flop and I am afraid this one will also be a flop considering their poor advertising and computerized drawing methods.  I have noticed that number game sales for Tennessee have dramatically declined since computerized drawings were implemented and before long their only revenue will be on instant tickets (wait, it already is). 

Also, Tennessee and a few other states have a problem with fixing games that are NOT broken.  For example, Tennessee is taking away one of my favorite style games... Pick 5 to follow a powerball/hot lotto/Mega Millions format.  Come on Tennessee... at least be creative.  Another example was Lotto South.  You don't want to get me started there.  Win For Life could NEVER be as great as LSouth.  

Just my opinion.

Was Lotto South in Tennessee before? I didnt start playing pick 5 until about a year ago (in fact I didnt pay attention to anything except Powerball for several years).

Seems everyone is a fan of Lotto South, I am just not familiar with how it was set up.

I see that they are advertising "Tennessee Cash" now, which will start in 13 days and will only take place on MWF, but they have yet to reveal any more detail about it.

It is already sounding like it will be another money trap but with a higher jackpot. We'll see what they do....

North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2010, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Was Lotto South in Tennessee before? I didnt start playing pick 5 until about a year ago (in fact I didnt pay attention to anything except Powerball for several years).

Seems everyone is a fan of Lotto South, I am just not familiar with how it was set up.

I see that they are advertising "Tennessee Cash" now, which will start in 13 days and will only take place on MWF, but they have yet to reveal any more detail about it.

It is already sounding like it will be another money trap but with a higher jackpot. We'll see what they do....

No...  Tennessee was NEVER part of Lsouth.  It was strictly a GA, KY, and VA game.  Basically, a pick 6 lotto game that was played in those states I mentioned.  With that said, TN director Rebecca said another multistate regional game such as Lotto South was being researched... However, obviously that doesn't fit this game considering they are advertising (ONLY IN TENNESSEE) which leads me to believe that a regional multistate game is out.  I guess she couldn't talk other states into going RNG...

Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86739
                  February 9, 2010
                  483 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2010, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

...and best I can tell this new game will be the same way with RNG

but i still havent seen anything to confirm or deny and they only have released limited details

North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: September 23, 2010, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

0% chance of this being a ball drawing.  It's all or nothing with the individual TN games.

TN
                      United States
                      Member #80857
                      October 5, 2009
                      63 Posts
                      Posted: September 29, 2010, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

This is similiar if not almost 100% the same as Lotto Plus TN got rid of once Mega Millions came I believe.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 29, 2010, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

This is similiar if not almost 100% the same as Lotto Plus TN got rid of once Mega Millions came I believe.

No, Lotto Plus was a six number game.

This new one is a five plus one (bonus ball).

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Nashville, TN
                          United States
                          Member #86739
                          February 9, 2010
                          483 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2010, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

So apparantly Tennessee cash is also a RNG game.

Do you think the TNEL KNOWS they would get more faithful players if they would switch to an actual ball system, but they continue with RNG because they can always control it?