Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Message to Todd !!

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #43694
July 23, 2006
184 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2010, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Todd is it possible to add a feature to block comments from some one, from ones own thread?

What I mean is look at JImmy who destroyed a very valuable thread, and ruined the very purpose for what lottery post stands for.

If such a feature was available RL could have blocked him from posting comments, and we members could have continued to benefit from their experiences.

People like Jimmy will always be around, just like robbers and criminals etc. But it would be nice to stop them from ruining ones thread.

I believe in freedom of speech, but when one deliberately upset a thread then we should have the ability to block them.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2010, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Todd is it possible to add a feature to block comments from some one, from ones own thread?

What I mean is look at JImmy who destroyed a very valuable thread, and ruined the very purpose for what lottery post stands for.

If such a feature was available RL could have blocked him from posting comments, and we members could have continued to benefit from their experiences.

People like Jimmy will always be around, just like robbers and criminals etc. But it would be nice to stop them from ruining ones thread.

I believe in freedom of speech, but when one deliberately upset a thread then we should have the ability to block them.

Just click on his name and then click on "add to block list".

You can block anybody you want without bothering other people who might want to read it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #43694
      July 23, 2006
      184 Posts
      Posted: September 1, 2010, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

But would this feature work on a thread?

I thought it works only in private messages.

United States
        Member #43694
        July 23, 2006
        184 Posts
        Posted: September 1, 2010, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

And apply only to the individual doing the blocking.

IT DOES NOT APPLY TO A THREAD.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 1, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

From what I understand it does.

Anybody can block anybody that way in a thread.

You won't see a blocked person's posts unless you decide to open them.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: September 1, 2010, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

And apply only to the individual doing the blocking.

IT DOES NOT APPLY TO A THREAD.

If you mean you want to block everybody from seeing a certain individual's post, no.

But why would you care who sees it as long as you don't?

Anyone else who doesn't want to see it can block it themselves.

You don't get to decide what everybody else gets to see - only what you get to see.

--Edmund Burke

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: September 1, 2010, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

If someone attempts to take a thread off-topic, then report it.  That's why every post has a "Report Abuse" link on it.  Please don't send me private messages or e-mails about people and/or posts.  ONLY use the Report Abuse link to report abusive posts.

I don't want to leave the impression that reporting a post will automatically mean I agree with you.  Sometimes people report posts because they strongly agree with a person, or they don't like someone else's posting style.  Taking an opposing viewpoint does not mean something is off-topic.  Attack an IDEA is fine; attacking a PERSON is not.

On the other hand, if someone comes into every thread and posts the same sentiment again and again, that MAY be troll-like behavior (someone intentionally looking for a fight where none exists).  I have to make a judgement call on that kind of thing.  Again, you may not always agree with me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                Member #43694
                July 23, 2006
                184 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2010, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

If you mean you want to block everybody from seeing a certain individual's post, no.

You don't get to decide what everybody else gets to see - only what you get to see.

Yes I want to block everybody from seeing a post.

jimmy4164 has made a fool of himself, and TODD does not realize that such behavior will lead to the end of lottery post.

Perhaps he feels no one cares about the fact a winning system was not fully explained to members who were interested in it, because of the constant badgering of jimmy4164.

Who is jimmy4164?

And why does he persist in making false and misleading comments?

perhaps Todd and jimmy4164 are in league together?

But a it certainly would be a benefit to PAID members to have the option to block everybody from seing a post on their thread they started.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: September 1, 2010, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

jimmy4164 has made a fool of himself, and TODD does not realize that such behavior will lead to the end of lottery post.

Perhaps he feels no one cares about the fact a winning system was not fully explained to members who were interested in it, because of the constant badgering of jimmy4164.

Who is jimmy4164?

But a it certainly would be a benefit to PAID members to have the option to block everybody from seing a post on their thread they started.

tiggs goodness..Oh tiggs..

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2010, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

tiggs goodness..Oh tiggs..

Yes tiggs, goodness!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5118 Posts
                      Posted: September 1, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Just click on his name and then click on "add to block list".

You can block anybody you want without bothering other people who might want to read it.

hope your >>>>>>>>"BIRTHDAY">>> was !!!!

Jack-in-the-BoxPukePukeTURBOCHARGEDPukePukeJack-in-the-BoxDrum

(with)Puke"FUN">>>>>>>>>>PartyWhite BounceJack-in-the-Box

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49674 Posts
                        Posted: September 1, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up See Ya!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: September 1, 2010, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Who is jimmy4164?

If I had a dollar for every person who told me over the years that something they didn't like would "spell the end of Lottery Post", I'd be a very rich man.  I noticed that you didn't reply to my post.  You posted some questions/demands, and when I took the time to give you a thoughtful response your lack of response just indicates to me that you're more interested in venting than truly getting an answer.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!