Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tennessee Black

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
Member #71120
February 19, 2009
1209 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

We played 10 in  a row today,that is $100.00 we had 1 $15.00 pay back.Ans yes the clerk checked them for me,just light playing those 8 $20.00 Jumbo millionaire jumbos,the clerk check those for me too....Is it the one store that has all bad tickets...or is it that this state is really as evil as those black scratch offs?  Same store,same results.....Evil Evil.....Evil SmileEvil Smile

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22969 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2010, 1:51 am - IP Logged

You should limit yourself to 2 max per ticket type when playing $10 and up. A high denomination instant is only as good as the last hit - trouble is, you

never know (unless you bought it) if it was a big winner or a break even winner.

Considering your experience, it looks as though you might have happened upon those tickets just after someone won $50/$100 or more.

(or....and I hate to say this, but have to.....you might have bought up the losers for the next player to step up and buy the winner Confused)

Try one or two of each maybe next time...less pain and maybe more pleasure.

Good luck with them!

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
      Member #71120
      February 19, 2009
      1209 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2010, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the nice respond on this and yes thats what I told Tim,somebody has a good hit coming,but I wasnt wasting no more on it....it's just a legal scam,,,thats all I got to say about Tennessee Lottery.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
        Nashville, TN
        United States
        Member #86739
        February 9, 2010
        483 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2010, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I bought one last Thursday, and the clerk told me after I bought it that they had a $100 winner earlier that day. So right then I knew I had a loser. he said there was a $5 mark on all the spots so it added up to 100.

Somehow, though, it actually turned out to be a $15 winner.

I was surprised they released a 100 winner so early in the game as it just began last week.

If you notice, this game has the worst overall odds out of all the $10 games 1:3.69 I think whereas the others are around 1:3:20 or so.

Maybe I will give it some time and play this one again.

Problem is, Tn never mixes it up with their tickets that much -- just the same old match a number or match a letter. I still cant believe they released the Price is Right cards that are so different than Georgia's PIR cards. yes they have the website game but its not the same as having it on the card.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: September 20, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I very rarely buy 2 in a row. I guess some people like playing 5-10 of the same ticket in a row. But my theory is, if you are planning on buying multiples anyways, why not just buy one at a time and scratch it? Then if its a loser buy the next one?

The thing is, if you buy 10 and the 1st one hapens to be a decent winner, chances are the rest are going to be duds. Why not do them one at a time? If the 1st is a decent winner, then buy some other games instead. It seems like your chances would be alot better.

Nashville, TN
            United States
            Member #86739
            February 9, 2010
            483 Posts
            Posted: September 20, 2010, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I very rarely buy 2 in a row. I guess some people like playing 5-10 of the same ticket in a row. But my theory is, if you are planning on buying multiples anyways, why not just buy one at a time and scratch it? Then if its a loser buy the next one?

The thing is, if you buy 10 and the 1st one hapens to be a decent winner, chances are the rest are going to be duds. Why not do them one at a time? If the 1st is a decent winner, then buy some other games instead. It seems like your chances would be alot better.

yes, this is the same strategy I use as well, especially for tickets that are more than $1 each.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: September 20, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

yes, this is the same strategy I use as well, especially for tickets that are more than $1 each.

Yep, I think its a smart strategy to use. Im also a memer of another forum/blog where people buy whole books at a time and post the results of each ticket # in the book. There are rarely back-to-back winners.

Also there has been times  where Ive bought one ticket and went to car to scratch the ticket. It wasnt a winner and I had a lucky feeling so I went back into store to buy the next one. Ended up being $500. Thats happened to be about 3-4 times or so. If I would have bought 10 for example I still would have made out, but its nice to only buy 2 and get a big winner.

Buying 1 at a time from different books/different places has always seemed to work out better for me.

Nashville, TN
                United States
                Member #86739
                February 9, 2010
                483 Posts
                Posted: September 22, 2010, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I think its a smart strategy to use. Im also a memer of another forum/blog where people buy whole books at a time and post the results of each ticket # in the book. There are rarely back-to-back winners.

Also there has been times  where Ive bought one ticket and went to car to scratch the ticket. It wasnt a winner and I had a lucky feeling so I went back into store to buy the next one. Ended up being $500. Thats happened to be about 3-4 times or so. If I would have bought 10 for example I still would have made out, but its nice to only buy 2 and get a big winner.

Buying 1 at a time from different books/different places has always seemed to work out better for me.

Also a strategy I have been adopting more lately.

However I do occasionally see back to back wins, but these seem to be on

a) just-released games

and

b) lower denomination games like 1 and $2

when I do get the urge and act on it to buy a ton of $10 or $20 games in a row, i like to go ahead and finish the roll. The bad thing is, typically it ends up getting me nowhere except pondering if the big win was in the part of the roll that I DID NOT buy. THAT is the worst feeling.

So I am with you on this, it seems best to just buy one at a time.