Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Advance Plays

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 6 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I like to get my weekly tix for all games on a set day of the week. Obviously that means using advance plays, but I've found my luck improves when I instead buy them separately on the day of the draw.

Anybody else notice that or is losing making me paranoid?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2010, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Before Illinois got Powerball if we were in a neighboring Powerball state I'd get advance play tickets.

Now that we don't have to do that, I've found that if I play an advance tcket for the Pick 5 when the jackpot is pumped up, someone hits it on the first draw the ticket is good for.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      Santa Ana
      United States
      Member #71159
      February 20, 2009
      651 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2010, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

I like to get my weekly tix for all games on a set day of the week. Obviously that means using advance plays, but I've found my luck improves when I instead buy them separately on the day of the draw.

Anybody else notice that or is losing making me paranoid?

It's good to mix it up...however when you play advance plays, your numbers are locked in just in case you forgot to play or cannot make it to the store that particular day to buy your tickets--I played advance plays when I went to Las Vegas in March.  I purchased the tickets before crossing stateline; however as I recall, I didn't win anything.  But I couldn't take the chance of not playing because I am a strong believer of "lottery karma"--the day you don't play your numbers is the very day they will hit.

Miami
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        673 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2010, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

It's not looking good for advance plays.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2010, 8:51 am - IP Logged

I buy em a month in advance. One line of "mine" and one line of QP's on the games I play.

I only play the JP games. Saves me a lot on gas and running around all the time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Miami
            United States
            Member #62793
            July 9, 2008
            673 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2010, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I buy em a month in advance. One line of "mine" and one line of QP's on the games I play.

I only play the JP games. Saves me a lot on gas and running around all the time.

Same here, but I'm noticing I win more free plays and small prizes when I do same day plays.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2010, 10:59 am - IP Logged

for my family syndicate i used to play 10 weeks in advance. but then i decided to keep the money in a bank account and only buy 2 weeks in advance. thus getting interest for the money whiles its in a bank.

its a bit more complicated, and my blog goes on about why i do it this way, but 10 weeks is $100 cost.

basically its convenience  for me, 10 weeks is very convenient. If my family always paid up on time i might still do 10 weeks worth at a time. but the few pennies i earn keeps it interesting.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2010, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

for my family syndicate i used to play 10 weeks in advance. but then i decided to keep the money in a bank account and only buy 2 weeks in advance. thus getting interest for the money whiles its in a bank.

its a bit more complicated, and my blog goes on about why i do it this way, but 10 weeks is $100 cost.

basically its convenience  for me, 10 weeks is very convenient. If my family always paid up on time i might still do 10 weeks worth at a time. but the few pennies i earn keeps it interesting.

I'd be interested to know if the family members who don't pay up on time will still get a share if you hit the big one when they're delinquent.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2010, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Same here, but I'm noticing I win more free plays and small prizes when I do same day plays.

I've run hot and cold doing it both ways but this year has been better than usual fairly consistently with advance plays for the small wins. Not so good that I'm ahead or even breaking even though.

--Edmund Burke

adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: September 15, 2010, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I've run hot and cold doing it both ways but this year has been better than usual fairly consistently with advance plays for the small wins. Not so good that I'm ahead or even breaking even though.

oh they do pay up eventually, and they're family so having them in the sydicate means i dont have to give handouts when i win, they're already part of the deal. heck all their names are on the registration card so if this syndicate wins they are in anyhow.

personally as its family, i can forgive transgressions that other mortals would be condemmed for.

ie being late with lotto ticket money.

i also keep any small wins in a bank account and am collecting for a total of $8k then the interest will buy all the tickets for ever, and i wont be complaining about late money.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Miami
                      United States
                      Member #62793
                      July 9, 2008
                      673 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2010, 4:09 am - IP Logged

oh they do pay up eventually, and they're family so having them in the sydicate means i dont have to give handouts when i win, they're already part of the deal. heck all their names are on the registration card so if this syndicate wins they are in anyhow.

personally as its family, i can forgive transgressions that other mortals would be condemmed for.

i also keep any small wins in a bank account and am collecting for a total of $8k then the interest will buy all the tickets for ever, and i wont be complaining about late money.

That's a good plan. You're gonna win soon.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2010, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I like your answer savagegoose. You've got a good heart.

Good luck to you and your syndicate.

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10348 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2010, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Nino224,

This goes beyond advance plays like you're talking about but Illinois has subscription plays, where you can play a set of numbers for up to one year (I don't know what the minimum is on this, maybe 13 or 26 weeks.)

In five years of receiving the results for the Pick 5 drawing (every night there's a drawing) I think I've seen six subscription winners. In other words, a very small percentage.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Miami
                            United States
                            Member #62793
                            July 9, 2008
                            673 Posts
                            Posted: September 16, 2010, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Nino224,

This goes beyond advance plays like you're talking about but Illinois has subscription plays, where you can play a set of numbers for up to one year (I don't know what the minimum is on this, maybe 13 or 26 weeks.)

In five years of receiving the results for the Pick 5 drawing (every night there's a drawing) I think I've seen six subscription winners. In other words, a very small percentage.

Oh, that reminds me. Massachusetts has a subscription plan for people who live outside the state for all the games except Mega Millions. They're called Season Tickets. It's the only one I know of. Most states won't offer subscriptions to out of state residents.

The Mass Cash game has a good % of season ticket winners. I'm told if you win you get a check in the mail. A check with a lot of zeroes instead of a bill. That'd be a nice change for me, lol!

adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:27 am - IP Logged

oh yeah my state has pre pay for upto 26 weeks. although i now only pay upfront for 2 weeks at a time. maybe one day ill go to a month. but 2 weeks works for me as i get paid  every 2 weeks also.