Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

People that never had money are clueless when they win the lottery

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pepper1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2010, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ga and yesterday  I went to house that was own by a lottery winner who won the Fla lottery

15 years ago. She borrow 750,000 from the bank and left the house which later sold as a short sale

for 225,000 the house was filth, because she had 95 birds according to the neighbor living in the house. Correct me if I'm

wrong I would never want to be poor again , so I would be a little caution with the way I spend my money. She went

and got herself a farm which she will most likely lose, because her money going to ran out if the bank doesnt come after

her. I just believe that if you get that chance you should be caution, it doesn't happen to everybody.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I live in Ga and yesterday  I went to house that was own by a lottery winner who won the Fla lottery

15 years ago. She borrow 750,000 from the bank and left the house which later sold as a short sale

for 225,000 the house was filth, because she had 95 birds according to the neighbor living in the house. Correct me if I'm

wrong I would never want to be poor again , so I would be a little caution with the way I spend my money. She went

and got herself a farm which she will most likely lose, because her money going to ran out if the bank doesnt come after

her. I just believe that if you get that chance you should be caution, it doesn't happen to everybody.

I've heard of cat-ladies but not bird-ladies! lol. I wonder if she put the birds in her new house in Florida? Crazy

Where you been pepper? You better getcho seff back up in here once in a while, girl! We be missin on ya!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2010, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I've heard of cat-ladies but not bird-ladies! lol. I wonder if she put the birds in her new house in Florida? Crazy

Where you been pepper? You better getcho seff back up in here once in a while, girl! We be missin on ya!

She didn't take all the birds she move to another part of Ga in the country. Her husband divorce her, because

she was alway taking vaction and leaving him at home with the birds. I hadn't seen any good post lately so that

you, Tiggs and I could go at it. Just kidding. Trying to make some money on cash3 and four. If it wasn't for lucky I wouldn't have any at all

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

This is what upsets me about the lottery. I get that nice people who can handle the money win, but the types of winners that blow the money just irk me. And I understand that if you win millions you want a huge house and everything a typical millionaire has. The problem is that these people don't understand they're NOT typical millionaires. While there are huge winners that can afford to live like a typical millionaire a good portion win only a couple million and think that they can spend, spend, spend and that it will never run out. They don't get that they only have a set amount while those other millionaires are making millions yearly so they can afford to do what they do.

I'd definitely play it safe, buy a sub-$500,000 house I could live in for years and an $80,000-$115,000 (have my heart set out on an X6M). The rest would go to small/medium purchases, bills and small vacations. Nothing really THAT lavish. I would probably spend $1 million the first year but then after that it would be a pretty low-key life. I would definitely enjoy my life living with that even if I had a couple million and knew I could go buy some Ferrari's, a mansion worth $5 million or so many other things. I'd have the ability to never have to work again and I'd be fine with that. Our city is pretty nice and with the average cost of living being under $25,000 it would be easy to spend out the days here and keeping the wealth. Let's hope I get a shot one day.

On topic with the lady though, I'd hate to see that house. I've seen a bit of 'Animal Hoarding' and what they showed was just terrible. Couldn't imagine anyone wanting to live like that, there has to be some sort of psychological reason with it.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
          Clarksville
          United States
          Member #487
          July 15, 2002
          17638 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2010, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I have watched "Hoarders" and have seen lots of stories about folks with animals.  Seems like to me they have a sort of complex where they need to take care of "things". They chose animals because they can't talk back or tell the owner what they really need and want. She went way overboard by having so many birds and when she created her mess, she left her husband there to take care of it for her thereby regulating his position from husband to caretaker.  She'll be broke soon enough.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
            Kunming
            China
            Member #57910
            January 23, 2008
            3626 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2010, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Winning the Jackpot is generally a chance of a lifetime with some expections. To waste it in elaborate expenditure is a sure way to go broke fast. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy some luxury items but be mindful of how quickly your cash can go. I think that people that are wasteful with money before the Jackpot hit will be even worst when they do hit it.

Play to win!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2010, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Winning the Jackpot is generally a chance of a lifetime with some expections. To waste it in elaborate expenditure is a sure way to go broke fast. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy some luxury items but be mindful of how quickly your cash can go. I think that people that are wasteful with money before the Jackpot hit will be even worst when they do hit it.

im pretty wasteful with my cash before ive won lotto. look at how much i blow on lotto tickets. yeah if they had any sense they would donate some money to an animal shelter, but its not about the animals, its about their broken brain.

but it does give us hope, if someone with their sort of problems can pick a lotto woin why cant we?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2010, 3:51 am - IP Logged

im pretty wasteful with my cash before ive won lotto. look at how much i blow on lotto tickets. yeah if they had any sense they would donate some money to an animal shelter, but its not about the animals, its about their broken brain.

but it does give us hope, if someone with their sort of problems can pick a lotto woin why cant we?

I like the term 'broken brain'.

And yea, there has definitely been a wide range of lottery winners. From a reverend to a level 3 sex offender it's definitely something everyone can win.

CA
                  United States
                  Member #84266
                  December 26, 2009
                  410 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

This is what upsets me about the lottery. I get that nice people who can handle the money win, but the types of winners that blow the money just irk me. And I understand that if you win millions you want a huge house and everything a typical millionaire has. The problem is that these people don't understand they're NOT typical millionaires. While there are huge winners that can afford to live like a typical millionaire a good portion win only a couple million and think that they can spend, spend, spend and that it will never run out. They don't get that they only have a set amount while those other millionaires are making millions yearly so they can afford to do what they do.

I'd definitely play it safe, buy a sub-$500,000 house I could live in for years and an $80,000-$115,000 (have my heart set out on an X6M). The rest would go to small/medium purchases, bills and small vacations. Nothing really THAT lavish. I would probably spend $1 million the first year but then after that it would be a pretty low-key life. I would definitely enjoy my life living with that even if I had a couple million and knew I could go buy some Ferrari's, a mansion worth $5 million or so many other things. I'd have the ability to never have to work again and I'd be fine with that. Our city is pretty nice and with the average cost of living being under $25,000 it would be easy to spend out the days here and keeping the wealth. Let's hope I get a shot one day.

On topic with the lady though, I'd hate to see that house. I've seen a bit of 'Animal Hoarding' and what they showed was just terrible. Couldn't imagine anyone wanting to live like that, there has to be some sort of psychological reason with it.

When it comes to hoarding it has everything to do with psychology. On that show there was a lady with a bunch of parrots/ birds and she has breathing problems from all the dust that they produce.

hotatlanta
                    United States
                    Member #70664
                    February 8, 2009
                    1446 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

When it comes to hoarding it has everything to do with psychology. On that show there was a lady with a bunch of parrots/ birds and she has breathing problems from all the dust that they produce.

I know that it's there money and they should spending the way they want to. They just look like fools to me

when they come on TV. I think the lady is almost broke why would you borrow 750,000 from the bank. If i

was the bank I would go after my money in full force, because she had the money. I would freeze whatever

she had left This to me is a diffrence from someone who just doesn't have money to pay there bill, because of

job lose, sickness etc