Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Raffles, IL halloween coming up. Is it better to buy like 10 at a time once a week or one a day?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wheeltowin's avatar - bee
Peoria IL
United States
Member #94520
July 21, 2010
63 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2010, 4:33 am - IP Logged

Yes, I know there are going to be 499,500 losers (so the odds aren't really as good as they claim), but should one choose to embark upon this endeavor, is there any advantage to buying in groups by the week or just one at a time daily? Ideas???

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2010, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Pure luck.

I bought a ticket for the first Illinois raffle and when the results came in my one number was over 1500 numbers away " up or down" from the winners.

Considering that, I don't see any advantage in buying a block of numbers.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #3676
      February 10, 2004
      425 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2010, 10:10 am - IP Logged

These raffles are awful. And the public isnt buying it anymore as many of these state raffles now go unsold. People dont like buying tickets and then holding on to them for weeks and then maybe longer as some states like Michigan cant sell em out and push the dates back. Remember these raffles still only have a 50% payout. Your better off playing instants that might have a 70% payout or higher. The line " best odds to be a millionaire" are so misleading. On a dollar per dollar basis your odds per dollar are 2.5 million to one. Your better off taking your 200 bucks and waiting until the little lotto has a jackpot of 500k or more ( it was a million plus a few days ago) and then putting it all on that.   But to answer your questions it is all random and it doesnt matter if you buy them in a block or not, and anyway if you buy them in a block you wont have ten consecutive numbers anyway as I am sure in that block someone at another retailer will punch in a ticket to probably give you a series that is not consecutive.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2010, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Pure luck.

I bought a ticket for the first Illinois raffle and when the results came in my one number was over 1500 numbers away " up or down" from the winners.

Considering that, I don't see any advantage in buying a block of numbers.

Agree 100%.  Spread your purchases out over the entire month.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Yes, I know there are going to be 499,500 losers (so the odds aren't really as good as they claim), but should one choose to embark upon this endeavor, is there any advantage to buying in groups by the week or just one at a time daily? Ideas???

It don't make no never mind how you buy em from my experience.

I think it's always a good idea to buy a few extra and give them to the disenfranchised though.

BTW, I had a dream last night that I had a McDonalds franchise and then I woke up and realized I didn't really have a McDonalds franchise.

So I'm feeling a little disenfranchised right now.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

It don't make no never mind how you buy em from my experience.

I think it's always a good idea to buy a few extra and give them to the disenfranchised though.

BTW, I had a dream last night that I had a McDonalds franchise and then I woke up and realized I didn't really have a McDonalds franchise.

So I'm feeling a little disenfranchised right now.

Rather then call your franchise McDonalds call it McNutts..Case solved..Next!!!......

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
              Peoria IL
              United States
              Member #94520
              July 21, 2010
              63 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Yep, I'll send you a few...Nov. 1st ok? Wink  You wouldn't want a Mickey D's anyway Ridgerunner, trying to keep a bunch of lazy kids from pissing in the pickles and the eau du grease smell really sticks to ya. Although...could be an aphrodesiac in your neck of the woods.

I don't get the 2.5mill to one on the dollar post, they are only selling 500k tickets, am I missing something?

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2010, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Yep, I'll send you a few...Nov. 1st ok? Wink  You wouldn't want a Mickey D's anyway Ridgerunner, trying to keep a bunch of lazy kids from pissing in the pickles and the eau du grease smell really sticks to ya. Although...could be an aphrodesiac in your neck of the woods.

I don't get the 2.5mill to one on the dollar post, they are only selling 500k tickets, am I missing something?

Yeah, Nov. 1st'll be fine... Hey, what?....

I knew them pickles had a wang to em! Is that what makes em taste so funky?  Maybe that's why I never eat there. My dog likes a burger everytime we pass one though. Plain, no pickles.

Yeah, I know the Eau du Grease well. I worked fast food once when I was just a little peckerwood.

I don't get the odds on the 500k tickets either but it'll probably make sense to me after just a little more of this snakebite medicine.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1317 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Neither. The odds are the same. The only way to improve your odds is to buy more tickets.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!