Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Spacing macro help

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 6 years ago by frenchie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
489 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2010, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone that can write a macro, that will erase every single combinations that have some king of logical space between digits, and at least 2 of the same space, what I mean by " logical space is for example ".

1-1-1-2
1-1-1-3
1-1-1-4
etc...

1-2-1-2
1-2-1-3
1-2-1-4
etc..

1-3-1-2
1-3-1-3
1-3-1-4
etc..

2-1-1-1
2-1-1-2
2-1-1-3
etc...

toward the middle it would look something like that,

11-11-11-1
11-11-11-2
11-11-11-3
etc...

and toward the end maybe like,

18-18-1-1

I'm throwing numbers here , it's just to give an idea of what I looking for and it would be for the game 5/39.

The display of my draws are :

Starting at :     A10 draw number,      B10 Date,      C,D,E,F,G draw numbers

I hope someone can help ?              thank you.                  Frenchie.

United States
    Member #41846
    June 23, 2006
    460 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

A macro or any program can only do what it is programed to do.  to me the easiest way to approach this (one time type ) problem is to use the find and replace function under the edit.  you specify what to look for, and what to replace it with.  don't try to do it all in 1 pass.

make a backup (copy) of your file to use, as you learn how to use this function.  it can go wrong quick if you don't pay attention to what you are seaching for or replacing it with. as long as you have a backup copy you can dump it and try again with a new copy.

Los Angeles
      United States
      Member #75410
      June 2, 2009
      489 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2010, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Thank you for your response Phileight.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #2218
        September 1, 2003
        5396 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2010, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone that can write a macro, that will erase every single combinations that have some king of logical space between digits, and at least 2 of the same space, what I mean by " logical space is for example ".

1-1-1-2
        1-1-1-3
        1-1-1-4
        etc...

1-2-1-2
        1-2-1-3
        1-2-1-4
        etc..

1-3-1-2
        1-3-1-3
        1-3-1-4
        etc..

2-1-1-1
        2-1-1-2
        2-1-1-3
        etc...

11-11-11-1
        11-11-11-2
        11-11-11-3
        etc...

18-18-1-1

I'm throwing numbers here , it's just to give an idea of what I looking for and it would be for the game 5/39.

Frenchie,

I'm a little confused on what your requesting.

You said this is for a 5/39 lottery game.

What does the 1-1-1-2 represent?

A10 is your draw number

B10 is your draw date

C10, D10, E10, F10, G10 are your actual drawings.

Los Angeles
          United States
          Member #75410
          June 2, 2009
          489 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2010, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Hi winsumloosesum,

I'm sorry it look a little bit confusing, but it very simple after you understand.

The 1-1-1-2  is the space in between each number of a combination, so for example here and if you start by the first combination of the 5/39 game it would represent the combination :

Combination :    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5             1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 6             1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 7 

Spacing :          1   1   1    1                  1   1   1    2                  1   1   1    3

So if you have all the 575 757 combinations of the 5/39 game, you can erase all those combinations with this kind of spacing filter.               ( the filter must contain 2 of the same spacing and + )

But it would take to much time to make a filter for each spacing, that why I wanted to know if a macro could had been made for it ?

I hope I explain it better ?                   Thank you.

United States
            Member #41846
            June 23, 2006
            460 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2010, 11:26 am - IP Logged

OK  that's totally different than what I thought you wanted.  to be sure I understand,  from a file of all possible combinations,  any combination that has the same spacing 3 times ex 2,10,18,26  (spacing of 8) 3 times is to be eliminated. using my example above 2 10 18 24 32 would also qualify to be eliminated.

do I correctly understand what you are looking for?

Los Angeles
              United States
              Member #75410
              June 2, 2009
              489 Posts
              Posted: October 1, 2010, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi phileight,

Yes you did understand.

The minimum spacing would start by 5 same spacing and finish no less than 2 same spacing.

Starting by  :     (1-2-3-4-5)      or      ( 35-36-37-38-39)     and finish by :     (1-2-3-4-39)

1-1-1-1                         1 - 1 - 1 - 1                                        1-1-1-35

Then :                  (1-2-3-5-6)    and     (1-2-3-5-7)          etc..

1-1-2-1                     1-1-2-2

It also in the series of 1 spacing will eliminate all pairs, trio,quad etc... 

I don't know macro that the reason of this post,otherwise I would do it myself.

Thank you.

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #2218
                September 1, 2003
                5396 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2010, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Frenchie,

Not sure if this is what you wanted.

Here is a download link to an Excel (Excel 2002) file:

http://www.box.net/shared/0mlgtjccy8

1.  Create a new folder on your hard drive C:\ (hopefully your hard drive is the letter C if not you will need to change the code in the Excel Macro to match you hard drive letter designation) and name the new folder Lotto539

2.  Open the Excel file from the download link

3.  From the Main Menu click Tools > Macros > Macro

4.  You should see 2 Macros in the list. 

5.  Select the macro "Generate39C5Deltas" and click RUN.  The macro will run and will create all combinations for your 5/39 game along with the deltas or differences as you have in the previous posts.

The macro generates the Lexi#, Combination, and Deltas (differences) to a text file "L539.txt" located in your C:\Lotto539

6. Next from the Main Menu again click Tools > Macros > Macro and select the 2nd macro "ImportLargeFileADO" and click RUN. The macro will run and will open a new window so you can navigate to the folder where the L539.txt file is located which should be from step 1 C:\Lotto539.  Just select the file L539 and then at the bottom select OPEN.  The macro will import all the combinations from the C:\Lotto539 folder text file "L539" to a number of new sheets in your Excel workbook.  This may take a minute or two depending on the speed of your computer.

Once all the combinations are imported you should have a complete list of all 5/39 combinations along with the Lexi (1st column), Combinations (1-2-3-4-5) , and Deltas (differences) in the last 4 columns.

You will need to re-arrange or re-name the sheets to the correct order.  You actually just need to reverse the sheet numbers.

This might give you a starting point.

If you need something different let me know.

Stay cool!!!!!

United States
                  Member #41846
                  June 23, 2006
                  460 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Fenchie

as you can see working with such a large file is not the easiest thing to do. your filter will only eliminate approx 10000 comb.  using this filter on a smaller list as a way to eliminate a few comb would be more practical.

Los Angeles
                    United States
                    Member #75410
                    June 2, 2009
                    489 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2010, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Winsumloosesum,

I don't know how to thank you,but this is a great file, perfect,  exactly what I was looking for, and even better.

Thank you very much.

Frenchie.

Los Angeles
                      United States
                      Member #75410
                      June 2, 2009
                      489 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2010, 3:10 am - IP Logged

Hi phileight,

10 000 comb. is better than nothing to me, so if you would have this filter you wouldn't use it ?

Please let me know, if you have some better filters to erase more comb.

Thank you.       Frenchie.

United States
                        Member #41846
                        June 23, 2006
                        460 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2010, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Frenchie

I would use this type filter, However , I would approach it from the other end.  I don't try to pick #'s for the big games anymore.  When I did I would have my program generate 5000 random (ok psuedo random) comb. From those I would start filtering. I would try to use setting that would give an 80% or higher pass rate for previously drawn #'s.  One filter that I used was that each comb must have 1 number touching but no more than 2.  almost what you seem to be doing.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          51064 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2010, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

1-1-1-2
                          1-1-1-3
                          1-1-1-4
                          etc...

1-2-1-2
                          1-2-1-3
                          1-2-1-4
                          etc..

1-3-1-2
                          1-3-1-3
                          1-3-1-4
                          etc..

2-1-1-1
                          2-1-1-2
                          2-1-1-3
                          etc...

11-11-11-1
                          11-11-11-2
                          11-11-11-3
                          etc...

18-18-1-1

What's a Delta (As In: Delta Lottery System)? The Delta is the difference between a number and the previous adjacent number.

Lotto Number: 03-09-18-19-27-33

Deltas: 3-6-9-1-8-6 Sum=33

Lotto Number: 01-02-03-04-05-06

Deltas: 1-1-1-1-1-1 Sum=06

Lotto Number: 44-45-46-47-48-49

Deltas: 44-1-1-1-1-1 Sum=49

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/153898

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Los Angeles
                            United States
                            Member #75410
                            June 2, 2009
                            489 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2010, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Raven for the link.

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #2218
                              September 1, 2003
                              5396 Posts
                              Posted: October 4, 2010, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Frenchie,

Not sure if this is what you wanted.

Here is a download link to an Excel (Excel 2002) file:

http://www.box.net/shared/0mlgtjccy8

1.  Create a new folder on your hard drive C:\ (hopefully your hard drive is the letter C if not you will need to change the code in the Excel Macro to match you hard drive letter designation) and name the new folder Lotto539

2.  Open the Excel file from the download link

3.  From the Main Menu click Tools > Macros > Macro

4.  You should see 2 Macros in the list. 

5.  Select the macro "Generate39C5Deltas" and click RUN.  The macro will run and will create all combinations for your 5/39 game along with the deltas or differences as you have in the previous posts.

The macro generates the Lexi#, Combination, and Deltas (differences) to a text file "L539.txt" located in your C:\Lotto539

6. Next from the Main Menu again click Tools > Macros > Macro and select the 2nd macro "ImportLargeFileADO" and click RUN. The macro will run and will open a new window so you can navigate to the folder where the L539.txt file is located which should be from step 1 C:\Lotto539.  Just select the file L539 and then at the bottom select OPEN.  The macro will import all the combinations from the C:\Lotto539 folder text file "L539" to a number of new sheets in your Excel workbook.  This may take a minute or two depending on the speed of your computer.

Once all the combinations are imported you should have a complete list of all 5/39 combinations along with the Lexi (1st column), Combinations (1-2-3-4-5) , and Deltas (differences) in the last 4 columns.

You will need to re-arrange or re-name the sheets to the correct order.  You actually just need to reverse the sheet numbers.

This might give you a starting point.

If you need something different let me know.

Stay cool!!!!!

Frenchie here is a different version with the true form of Deltas:

http://www.box.net/shared/k28xzo9i34

I guess you could add more code to trim down the combinations using Delta Sums, Delta 3 Odd 2 Even etc. etc.

Good Luck!!