Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Lottery Changed my life Saturday

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

OMG..   You should see it in person..   It's like a mile from an actual road.   The kids have been having wild parties while she's travelling with a new husband that followed the money to her.   She gave her ex a little money..   She's trying to buy her ex husbands baby off of him..   She even bought another home closer to the bar she was hanging out at to haev a shorter drive..  They could have done a 2 hour special on her alone!!

The best was the ongoing construction on the singlewide.  With all that cash she couldn't get a Double wide???

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2010, 8:31 am - IP Logged

I like the idea of being off the road. But with $1,000 per month allowance for the kids, they are really going to learn the value of money. Expensive car, cheap house, that really shows great sense. 

Can't wait until Thursday.....

MarkP

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #58835
      February 27, 2008
      148 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2010, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I watched this episode and thought it was great that she stuck with who she truly is, even if it's someone we don't agree with!  That's always been my fear that when I win, I will "change" somehow.

Marianna, FL
        United States
        Member #98580
        October 10, 2010
        2 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2010, 1:07 am - IP Logged

That was a double wide..  with 2 single wides.. and 2 additions..   Her and her now Ex-Husband stocked that front bar with around $7000 in liquer before they went out of town and left all the kids & thier boyfriends behind for a week or so.

They basically partied and took care of thier friends while they turned thier backs on thier families.  She's become a laughing stock all over town and up in Alabama..   Her and her ex were buying everything but common sense..   I could see that yard in a gated community..

Monkey Butt, USA
          United States
          Member #54569
          August 23, 2007
          1124 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

How was Abraham Shakesphere able to give away 3 million dollars without making the FBI watch list?

How were the people he gave all this money to able to get under the IRS radar?

I thought monetary transactions over a certain amount had to be reported to the IRS?

From what I understand from the show, this man was giving away money by the bundles per transaction.

After hearing the family members talk it makes me wonder how he was able to do a lot of these transactions without help?

It's not like he was dealing with folks that was savvey of the banking laws.

It seems like the family was as helpful and protective of this man as a busted condom.

You hear them say they cared for this man and wanted the best for him, but not one of them cared enough to teach the poor sap to read or understand money. Not one of them gave a fat rat's azz enough to even try to find someone to help him manage his money or have him put on an allowance.

Look how long he was gone before they bothered to say hey, where is the ATM Machine? I need to make a withdrawal.

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2010, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Gifts over about $10,000 requires the GIVER to pay a gift tax.

It sounds to me like the family didn't understand too much. I wonder how long of a time was it between when he won the money and his demise.

MarkP

Monkey Butt, USA
              United States
              Member #54569
              August 23, 2007
              1124 Posts
              Posted: October 14, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Gifts over about $10,000 requires the GIVER to pay a gift tax.

It sounds to me like the family didn't understand too much. I wonder how long of a time was it between when he won the money and his demise.

MarkP

Yet this man was paying off 100K mortgages and purchasing trucks and everything else.

Surely red flags and alarms were going off at the financial institution where this man banked?

It's not like he could walk in, cash the check and walk out with the money stuffed in his pockets.

I'm looking at all of the gaping holes that surrounded this man and how much no one could be bothered until they wanted something not even the family.

How long was Abraham missing before baby mama showed up on his doorstep and discovered Dee-Dee living in the house?

What type of bad debt did this man incur for Dee-Dee to buy up?

If he had no sense of how much money he had, how is it he knew to go purchase such an expensive house? Who helped him find the house and furnish it?

Yet to hear you the relatives say "I only wanted the best for him."

Makes a person wonder................................

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: October 16, 2010, 4:59 am - IP Logged

I watched this episode and thought it was great that she stuck with who she truly is, even if it's someone we don't agree with!  That's always been my fear that when I win, I will "change" somehow.

While I don't know which episode you're talking about exactly, I have seen a few documentaries of winners who stay the same after winning. Whether it be a medium class lifestyle or one where they visit garage sales. Also I assume you mean the mobile home one.

I've thought about whether or not I would change after winning and in a sense I think I would. I'm shy and withdrawn now but I think after winning millions it would open me up more, though deep down I would still be the same person I am now. Yea I would buy expensive things that now I would only look at and think "I wish I had that" but I would still be reserved in not spending so much on different things. I definitely wouldn't turn into some person who just throws around money and spends without thinking. I would help throw around money on a celebration with some close friends but aside from that I'd go back to how I am now, researching extensively on anything I'm spending more than a certain amount of money on. I don't even see myself spending a whole lot on a home. I would buy one of the cheapest in a nice area and be happy with that. That's one reason why I want to win, so that I can see if I can win and still stay the same person I am today. I think with what I've taken away from the experiences I've been though, I could be a pretty good millionaire and make other lottery players proud.