Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second Chance Drawings

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by snoopie100.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Mass
United States
Member #68073
December 12, 2008
217 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts has been doing more and more second chance drawings with some decent prizes attached. Many are the sports themed scratch tix like Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins where you have a real decent chance at winning team gear and clothing. The newest one is for the "Price is Right" Ticket and has 6 drawings that give away 3200 "showcase prize packs" for each drawing as well as trips to Vegas. I like this aspect of scratch ticket gambling and have won lots of cool prizes. If you look at the winners list posted on the state website you will see that many folks win multiple times each drawing. Not sure what one would do with 25 Bruins Prize Packs but it happens. The entering process is a bit tedious as you have to enter a long numerical code for each entry and it seems some folks have a lot of time on their hands and must enter thousands of tickets to come up winners of 25 or more prizes.

Anyone enter into these types of drawing in their state? Won anything? In favor of this type of gambling?

Spin

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2010, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts has been doing more and more second chance drawings with some decent prizes attached. Many are the sports themed scratch tix like Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins where you have a real decent chance at winning team gear and clothing. The newest one is for the "Price is Right" Ticket and has 6 drawings that give away 3200 "showcase prize packs" for each drawing as well as trips to Vegas. I like this aspect of scratch ticket gambling and have won lots of cool prizes. If you look at the winners list posted on the state website you will see that many folks win multiple times each drawing. Not sure what one would do with 25 Bruins Prize Packs but it happens. The entering process is a bit tedious as you have to enter a long numerical code for each entry and it seems some folks have a lot of time on their hands and must enter thousands of tickets to come up winners of 25 or more prizes.

Anyone enter into these types of drawing in their state? Won anything? In favor of this type of gambling?

Spin

They have a few tickets here in TX for second chance drawings. I've entered a few times and look forward to receiving my call that I have won.

lol. All we have to do is send in the losing tickets signed and filled out on the back.

The number of tickets in the envelope depends on the second chance game being entered.

The second chance games with the sports theme do not go in an envelope. That I do not like.

But I enjoy entering into the second chance drawings.

I wish we had more here in TX.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
      Nashville, TN
      United States
      Member #86739
      February 9, 2010
      483 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

They have a few tickets here in TX for second chance drawings. I've entered a few times and look forward to receiving my call that I have won.

lol. All we have to do is send in the losing tickets signed and filled out on the back.

The number of tickets in the envelope depends on the second chance game being entered.

The second chance games with the sports theme do not go in an envelope. That I do not like.

But I enjoy entering into the second chance drawings.

I wish we had more here in TX.

I noticed SC is  now doing the ones where you mail them the old tickets -- I think its 10 per envelope. you have a chance to win a whopping

...wait for it...

$50!!!

50 is nice, but almost not worth it. I wish they would have higher teir games. Maybe they will soon.

I wonder how these people are winning multiple ones though? They must be die hard sports fans trying their best to get tickets (or Bruins prize packs like you say...)

Philly, PA
        United States
        Member #93645
        July 4, 2010
        27 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2010, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Here in PA, $20 worth of losing Christmas themed tickets puts you in the running for $1000!  I pick losers up off the ground and mail them in.  I figure 44 cents for a chance at a grand is worth it.  Wish me luck!!

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2010, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Good luck to you! That may be the better chance at a big prize with these holiday tickets.

United States
            Member #97729
            September 22, 2010
            321 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2010, 4:18 am - IP Logged

We have about half a dozen second chance games that may be entered into here in GA.  My favorite is the $20 game, Maximum Green. It has a top prize of $5,000,000, and all non winners can enter online, for a chance to win $10,000 in a second chance drawing. There are supposedly 10 winners picked each month. Note that I have entered this second chance drawing multiple times, without spending a penny. Now I will give you my dirty little secret. I pick out clean tickets from the trash at lotto retailers, and enter them into second chance drawings. I haven't won this way yet, but I believe that I have entered every current second chance drawing, half of which I have never played. Yes, it is a filthy habit, but who knows, it might pay off in the end. Only time will tell. I am amazed that someone will spend over $100 in a row on games with second chance drawings, and then throw the tickets in the trash. It pays to A)Know how to read the English language B)Actually read the tickets!

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40421 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

In Mich. you can enter on line for second chance drawings, you can win everything from free scratchers to cash to tickets to sporting events.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Brighton, MI
                United States
                Member #101036
                November 24, 2010
                6 Posts
                Posted: December 13, 2010, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I've been entering the Tax Free Winnings contest for a chance at a tax free $500,000 prize!!  Michigan's new site is pretty cool!

san diego, ca
                  United States
                  Member #102209
                  December 15, 2010
                  6 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2010, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Almost every scratch off ticket in California, you can enter on the CA Lottery replay website. I have about 170 tickets entered.