Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia 5 sucks! Save Your money! It happened AGAIN!!

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
AriesDaRam's avatar - nw gingfighter.jpg
Stone Mtn
United States
Member #64518
August 30, 2008
1157 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2010, 10:41 am - IP Logged

This is what happens when you play Georgia 5!

Member         State          Game             Win Type                        Prediction    Actual Results     Prize

AriesDaRam   Georgia   Georgia Five    Evening Front or Back 1     6-4-3-3-5      3-3-6-4-5         $1

Stone Mtn
    United States
    Member #64518
    August 30, 2008
    1157 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2010, 10:55 am - IP Logged

If this was another state, I would have some real money. How can you match all numbers and only win $1? This ONLY happens in GA folks!

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49813 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2010, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

If this was another state, I would have some real money. How can you match all numbers and only win $1? This ONLY happens in GA folks!

What does the Games Rules say about Payouts?

If you don't like the Odds or the Payouts of the Games: Dont Play! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Warner Robins
        United States
        Member #14314
        April 23, 2005
        94 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2010, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I never play this game because it's a rip off

Stone Mtn
          United States
          Member #64518
          August 30, 2008
          1157 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

What does the Games Rules say about Payouts?

If you don't like the Odds or the Payouts of the Games: Dont Play! Thumbs Up

What? Can I have a moment to vent? That's all I was doing. I'm sure you play & complain when you miss a straight too, so please keep that mess in Jersey! I don't know if you realize it Raven, but that's the case for any lottery game. The odds are worse in bigger games, but I'm certain you still play them yourself. We all play for the jackpot or to hit straight. I doubt there's anyone out there playing for the lowest prize available. I have the right to complain about the payouts in my state, because I know that I'm not alone. It is what it is, but I personally feel that they need to look at the option of a payout of matching all numbers. That's simply it! It's what's going on in Georgia anyway, so you probably wouldn't understand. LOL

Warner Robins
            United States
            Member #14314
            April 23, 2005
            94 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2010, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

You are right Ariesdaram the odds are real bad and you do have the right to complain.

Stone Mtn
              United States
              Member #64518
              August 30, 2008
              1157 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2010, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks gscho3232! Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: October 24, 2010, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

When I first saw this I thought you ment a Pick 5 as in a 5/39 game, but it appears to be an "extended" Pick 4.

From your post above I think hou mean your prediction was:

3, 3, 6, 4, 5

and what hit was

6, 4, 3, 3, 5

If the idea is to hit a straight, then the only thing that matched was the last digit, 5.

Illinous used to have an EXTRA! on Pick 3 and 4. For an extra dollar the terminal would pring a Pick 3 or 4 under your numbers, if any of them matched you won the dollar amount printed under the printed set of numbers, but it had to be in the exact position.

Sounds like that's what this Georgia Pick 5 is.

Such a game could send a wheel player to the poorhouse in no time. Sounds like a lottery operator's dream.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: October 24, 2010, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

i agree with you...In ga, and in a couple of other states...but mainly in georgia....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49813 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

What? Can I have a moment to vent? That's all I was doing. I'm sure you play & complain when you miss a straight too, so please keep that mess in Jersey! I don't know if you realize it Raven, but that's the case for any lottery game. The odds are worse in bigger games, but I'm certain you still play them yourself. We all play for the jackpot or to hit straight. I doubt there's anyone out there playing for the lowest prize available. I have the right to complain about the payouts in my state, because I know that I'm not alone. It is what it is, but I personally feel that they need to look at the option of a payout of matching all numbers. That's simply it! It's what's going on in Georgia anyway, so you probably wouldn't understand. LOL

Taking control is the ultimate weapon against the Lottery. To beat the Lottery requires self control, discipline and cash flow management.

Emotions are one of the greatest problems of being a Lottery Player. Emotions get in the way of rational judgments. When we lose, we feel frustration and sometimes even despair. Winning can cause us to lose control over our actions and cause a serious playing problem. Calming greed and taming fear will help you to overcome playing the lottery in an overly emotional way.

All successful gamblers accept and acknowledge the inevitability of losing streaks. It's a prerequisite to success.

Your best weapon against the anguish of losing streaks is to keep careful records. If you know for sure you have a winning record over the last 5,000 or 10,000 bets, the bad psychological effects of losing streaks are automatically and dramatically reduced. With a carefully kept record you will be better able to see losing streaks for what they are: Temporary storms affecting today's weather, but with no permanent effect on the overall climate.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Stone Mtn
                      United States
                      Member #64518
                      August 30, 2008
                      1157 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2010, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Taking control is the ultimate weapon against the Lottery. To beat the Lottery requires self control, discipline and cash flow management.

Emotions are one of the greatest problems of being a Lottery Player. Emotions get in the way of rational judgments. When we lose, we feel frustration and sometimes even despair. Winning can cause us to lose control over our actions and cause a serious playing problem. Calming greed and taming fear will help you to overcome playing the lottery in an overly emotional way.

All successful gamblers accept and acknowledge the inevitability of losing streaks. It's a prerequisite to success.

Your best weapon against the anguish of losing streaks is to keep careful records. If you know for sure you have a winning record over the last 5,000 or 10,000 bets, the bad psychological effects of losing streaks are automatically and dramatically reduced. With a carefully kept record you will be better able to see losing streaks for what they are: Temporary storms affecting today's weather, but with no permanent effect on the overall climate.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my thread. However, if that helps you, that's great. Maybe you just took some time to vent about your own frustrations or maybe your lack of control and management problems. It should be common sense that you can't win it all.  Personally, I don't want it all. I'm happy with my piece of the pie. If you are having a losing streak, I hope things turn around for you. I'm doing well for myself and I wish the same for you and everyone else on here. Also, if I can't afford to loose it, I don't play. It doesn't matter what my workouts & lottery history show. That's just me. All is well if it helps somebody out there.

FYI, my thread was simply about GA 5 not paying out on all matched numbers, even if they are not in the exact order like some of the other states. AGAIN, I was just stating that matching all 5 numbers should pay more for the skill itself. That's my opinion on the game. That's it RAVEN! You win some, you loose some. That's just the lottery. Some people just take stuff and run with it. We've also had other threads on here about other games and their payouts, so I don't know why it's such a big deal now. It's not that serious people.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10353 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2010, 2:30 am - IP Logged

AriesDaRam,

Don't get p.o'd at me here, but looking at the rules for the game on the Georgia Lottery website, if it's not in exact order it's not a match. It's aggravating to have the right numbers but in the wrong order, sure, but it just doesn't count.

Granted the payoffs for anything but a solid 5 are pitiful. It just looks like yet another one of those games that's a dream for the "house".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                          Miami
                          United States
                          Member #62793
                          July 9, 2008
                          673 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2010, 2:55 am - IP Logged

That has absolutely nothing to do with my thread. However, if that helps you, that's great. Maybe you just took some time to vent about your own frustrations or maybe your lack of control and management problems. It should be common sense that you can't win it all.  Personally, I don't want it all. I'm happy with my piece of the pie. If you are having a losing streak, I hope things turn around for you. I'm doing well for myself and I wish the same for you and everyone else on here. Also, if I can't afford to loose it, I don't play. It doesn't matter what my workouts & lottery history show. That's just me. All is well if it helps somebody out there.

FYI, my thread was simply about GA 5 not paying out on all matched numbers, even if they are not in the exact order like some of the other states. AGAIN, I was just stating that matching all 5 numbers should pay more for the skill itself. That's my opinion on the game. That's it RAVEN! You win some, you loose some. That's just the lottery. Some people just take stuff and run with it. We've also had other threads on here about other games and their payouts, so I don't know why it's such a big deal now. It's not that serious people.

Aries,

Raven hates it when anybody vents, complains, asks or second-guesses. You're not her first victim. Tow the line and keep yo' mouth shut. That's her motto.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Stone Mtn
                            United States
                            Member #64518
                            August 30, 2008
                            1157 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:34 am - IP Logged

AriesDaRam,

Don't get p.o'd at me here, but looking at the rules for the game on the Georgia Lottery website, if it's not in exact order it's not a match. It's aggravating to have the right numbers but in the wrong order, sure, but it just doesn't count.

Granted the payoffs for anything but a solid 5 are pitiful. It just looks like yet another one of those games that's a dream for the "house".

I wouldn't do that Coin Toss. You simply agreed with me when you stated that the payoffs are pitiful if you don't get a straight. That's all I was showing when I created this thread!  I didn't think that people would try to be so anal about it.

Stone Mtn
                              United States
                              Member #64518
                              August 30, 2008
                              1157 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Aries,

Raven hates it when anybody vents, complains, asks or second-guesses. You're not her first victim. Tow the line and keep yo' mouth shut. That's her motto.

That sounds like a personal problem. I'm grown and I don't consider myself a victim. I deal with ignorant people everyday, so I know how to handle my own . If you follow her motto, good luck with that. I'm entitled to my opinion and I will continue to express it when I feel the need. This is my last post on this particular thread because I would rather spend my time collecting money. I'm going to jump over to the other GA5 threads for real lottery input.

I thought we were on here to win money, so let's do that. To all those looking for trouble or a negative discussion, please do that on your own thread. Better yet, go get your own website.