Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Skills, Traits, and the Lottery

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 6 years ago by pepper1.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Do people with special training in their field of work do better with lottery predictions?

Can their attention to detail benefit their prediction stats?

People that deal with numbers every day probably can predict what is the next logical number in a sequence. Some probably could look at the last four Pick-4 drawings and at times predict the next logical number too.

I did it one night when the guy working the counter at the Bowling Alley asked me for a pick-4 number to play. The 2 digit combo 78 stood out and I told him to play it with the digit that had been out the longest which was 2. I played $2 straight on 7822 and a $3 box. At 7:30 I was standing on the approach getting ready to bowl when he came out of the bar yelling "we won, we won". From his reaction I thought we hit it straight but it still was a nice box hit.

There is no system involved; it's more like at times certain digit combinations stand out and appear to be the logical play. People waiting in checkout lines at stores look at the past 4 or 5 drawings near the lottery terminal and do the same thing. I can't say if they win more than any other method, but from my experience most of the time there is nothing that stands out so I don't play.

I think people get frustrated trying to find the next logical number when it should appear at the first glance. If nothing stands out there is no reason to play. I know Tiggs believes it blind luck and that maybe what winning any lottery game is all about.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:51 am - IP Logged

People that deal with numbers every day probably can predict what is the next logical number in a sequence. Some probably could look at the last four Pick-4 drawings and at times predict the next logical number too.

I did it one night when the guy working the counter at the Bowling Alley asked me for a pick-4 number to play. The 2 digit combo 78 stood out and I told him to play it with the digit that had been out the longest which was 2. I played $2 straight on 7822 and a $3 box. At 7:30 I was standing on the approach getting ready to bowl when he came out of the bar yelling "we won, we won". From his reaction I thought we hit it straight but it still was a nice box hit.

There is no system involved; it's more like at times certain digit combinations stand out and appear to be the logical play. People waiting in checkout lines at stores look at the past 4 or 5 drawings near the lottery terminal and do the same thing. I can't say if they win more than any other method, but from my experience most of the time there is nothing that stands out so I don't play.

I think people get frustrated trying to find the next logical number when it should appear at the first glance. If nothing stands out there is no reason to play. I know Tiggs believes it blind luck and that maybe what winning any lottery game is all about.

Stack, I was in total agreement with you all the way through your post up until the last sentence where you supported tiggs' opinion.

At that point you lost all credibility.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: October 28, 2010, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Stack, I was in total agreement with you all the way through your post up until the last sentence where you supported tiggs' opinion.

We can't predict the lottery, but we can alway predict what Tiggs will say and that it alway Luck. I agree

with everyone it alot of everything until you get it down, and even things still change.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 28, 2010, 11:35 am - IP Logged

We can't predict the lottery, but we can alway predict what Tiggs will say and that it alway Luck. I agree

with everyone it alot of everything until you get it down, and even things still change.

Oh, I don't disagree with the concept, pepper.

It's just that if tiggs says it, then you have to question its veracity.

That and the fact that when I agree with something tiggs says, I just get this creepy, dirty feeling all over me.

I don't know if you're aware but he's from Kentucky.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

WHAT!!!...Is there another tiggs on this forum?..tiggs #1 will get to the bottom of this ridge you can bet your last 2 dollars on that butty wutty...Pepper belives in luck and that's all there is to it..Rock on Pepper babe...

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2010, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

ROFL

LMAO!

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              20581 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

"Skills, Traits, and the Lottery"

I thinks once someone jumps on the P3 bandwagon for whatever the reason,a definite trait has to be an 'obsessive' personality to keep the winning spirit alive.To keep plugging.Answers for winning P3 are nearly boundless.It's just a question of which angle to commit to.

...and tiggs,you know where you can stick your "luck" speech  lol....and I don't mean in the empty Jim Beam bottle underneath your couchJester

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2010, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

"Skills, Traits, and the Lottery"

I thinks once someone jumps on the P3 bandwagon for whatever the reason,a definite trait has to be an 'obsessive' personality to keep the winning spirit alive.To keep plugging.Answers for winning P3 are nearly boundless.It's just a question of which angle to commit to.

...and tiggs,you know where you can stick your "luck" speech  lol....and I don't mean in the empty Jim Beam bottle underneath your couchJester

Wow another lottery expert has arrived..You and ridge put your brains together maybe you might come up with something...might!..Good "LUCK"...

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                  Connecticut
                  United States
                  Member #61623
                  May 29, 2008
                  20581 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2010, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Wow another lottery expert has arrived..You and ridge put your brains together maybe you might come up with something...might!..Good "LUCK"...

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

hehehehehehe..Cute...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

You have to be careful what you say to tiggs, JonnyBgood.

He takes everything too seriously.

He was in the Pick 3 Forum once and he heard them talking about mirrors and different permutations and the next day he had mirrors installed over his bed and went out and got a perm.

His wife thought there was a French Poodle laying on his pillow and called Animal Control.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

He was in the Pick 3 Forum once and he heard them talking about mirrors and different permutations and the next day he had mirrors installed over his bed and went out and got a perm.

His wife thought there was a French Poodle laying on his pillow and called Animal Control.

Green laugh

Hope he didn't read anything about pairs and doubles.......Double DDs.......ROFL

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                          Member #1987
                          August 5, 2003
                          8968 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Do people with special training in their field of work do better with lottery predictions?

Can their attention to detail benefit their prediction stats?

joker17 I believe that is true.

It is a transfer of skills. People in the field of forensics must use indicators in order to make a report as to the condition & circumstances surrounding someone's expiration.

A transfer of skills, look to the past history of the #s to discover a set of indicators which will lead to the same occurrences time & time again.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                            Member #1987
                            August 5, 2003
                            8968 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2010, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

That's twoGreen laughGreen laughfunny.

A HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

joker17 I believe that is true.

It is a transfer of skills. People in the field of forensics must use indicators in order to make a report as to the condition & circumstances surrounding someone's expiration.

A transfer of skills, look to the past history of the #s to discover a set of indicators which will lead to the same occurrences time & time again.

Yeah and this is why an 85 year old gramma wins and the experts are left scratching thier heads..