Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I am making a profit with mostly q/p's

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Rowen.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
joplin
United States
Member #45299
August 17, 2006
151 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2010, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I am playing p/3 .50 cents box.  And for the month of Oct. I've cleared $500. over and above what I spent.  I am a bit surprise myself.  I tried playing my own numbers,

with some success, but the surprise was q/p's.  The first day I played 20 numbers (q/p) with no hit.  I didn't play the same numbers the next day, but I wish I had, 

because I would of hit 4 times. for $200. 

The thing about q/p's is that you might hit more than one time on the same number, something that wouldn't happen for the most part, if picking your own numbers.

Last Wed. a customer came in and got $100.00 in p3 .50 cent straight q/p's.  He hit 5 times for $1500 dollars.  A friend was so impressed, that the next day, the 

friend spent $230.00  playing q/p's ( straight) and didn't get a single hit.  I felt so bad for him, he was almost at tears.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2010, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I am playing p/3 .50 cents box.  And for the month of Oct. I've cleared $500. over and above what I spent.  I am a bit surprise myself.  I tried playing my own numbers,

with some success, but the surprise was q/p's.  The first day I played 20 numbers (q/p) with no hit.  I didn't play the same numbers the next day, but I wish I had, 

The thing about q/p's is that you might hit more than one time on the same number, something that wouldn't happen for the most part, if picking your own numbers.

Last Wed. a customer came in and got $100.00 in p3 .50 cent straight q/p's.  He hit 5 times for $1500 dollars.  A friend was so impressed, that the next day, the 

friend spent $230.00  playing q/p's ( straight) and didn't get a single hit.  I felt so bad for him, he was almost at tears.

It's called luck..tiggs has cashed for 1,250 in the last two weeks..Mostly on scratchoffs..Hit one for 500.00..Lotto is LUCK and that's it..You can figure for 24 hours a day but a QP is just as good..LUCK..Good for you gsc5 you are on a roll..Good LUCK...

Sacramento, CA
      United States
      Member #96354
      August 28, 2010
      159 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

gsc5, good for you! Sometimes luck comes in the fall. I find that quick picks have paid a higher percentage over the long run than birthdays/ages/whatever.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2010, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Congrats.

Don't listen to Tiggs...lol

Luck is truly involved, but thought out and well planned is the best way to go in my opinion. If I'm spending my hard earned money, I'd like to be personally involved.

Just pointing out lucky winners once in a while to prove that ALL lottery is just simply pure luck is not a logical way of problem solving. There will always be a proportional win ratio from every angle.

If I'm to ever make a living off the p-3, standards will have to be met with. Realistic goals must be set in place. I cannot rely soley on luck.

How will you ever hone your skills If you play QPs all the time?

There's a HUGE learning curve to the lottery, and the only way to attempt overcoming the nextt curve is to fail over and over again. You'll never learn a thing in the beginning If you win every single time.

If you walked like an adult the same day you were born, you'd miss out on one of the greatest learning experiences a baby has to overcome on the way to perfection.

In closing, I have to say that the lottery for me has become more than a hobby. It's morphed into something more personal. It's a challenge, a game......More importantly, just continued education, awareness, and excercising critical thinking. The general rewards are almost as good as the financial wins.

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2010, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Luck...............

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49699 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2010, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Luck...............

If it wasn't for Bad Luck: You'd have No Luck At All! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23261 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2010, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Your friend (and every other lottery player) should only be playing with money they can safely afford to lose.

Even with $230 in straight bets, the odds are still worse than 1 in 4 (1 in 4.35) that they will get a hit.  In other words, your friend would have to play $230 five days in a row in order to exceed the odds of losing.  Of course, they could hit more than one of those five days, but that is what they call "luck".  (Or skill, if the person has "cracked the code".)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23261 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2010, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Your friend (and every other lottery player) should only be playing with money they can safely afford to lose.

Even with $230 in straight bets, the odds are only 1 in 4 that they will get a hit.  In other words, your friend would have to play $230 four days in a row in order to exceed the odds of losing.  Of course, they could hit more than one of those four days, but that is what they call "luck".  (Or skill, if the person has "cracked the code".)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2010, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like your friend should has done what the customer did and only spent $100.00 on pick3 50¢ straight QP's and saved himself $130 and some tears.  Hope he learned a lesson.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2010, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Nobody will ever crack the code..They will get "lucky" every now and then and maybe go on a big win streak but no body will ever crack the code..tiggs has spoken..

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40414 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2010, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Nobody will ever crack the code..They will get "lucky" every now and then and maybe go on a big win streak but no body will ever crack the code..tiggs has spoken..

and this.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10350 Posts
                        Posted: November 1, 2010, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

gsc5

" I tried playing my own numbers,

because I would of hit 4 times. for $200."

Since your thread is about quick picks, if you had played those number the next day they would not have been quick picks, right? Just something to ponder.

I'm with Tiggs on THE LUCK FACTOR. Regardless of anyone's method of number selection, whether it's quick picks or a formula from a spaceship found in Area 51 from a reverse engoineering project when the numbers you play are the numbers drawn it is just blind luck.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
                          Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #82001
                          November 3, 2009
                          890 Posts
                          Posted: November 1, 2010, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

may have to try QPs to change up my luck because picking my own #s ain't working. Hopefully IL does their bonus P3 drawings again this christmas