Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First priority?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2010, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Alright, so if you were to win $50+ million after taxes and you could only put that money toward one thing for an entire year, what would that be?

I already know my answer but I'm gonna let y'all answer first. The things than come to mind for the most popular are house, car, vacation and debt.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7310 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2010, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Alright, so if you were to win $50+ million after taxes and you could only put that money toward one thing for an entire year, what would that be?

I already know my answer but I'm gonna let y'all answer first. The things than come to mind for the most popular are house, car, vacation and debt.

You can find those answers by searching the hundreds of other threads on "How will you spend your winnings?".

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2010, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Buy everybody in the Mystical Forum their own dream book!

Bang Head

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1691 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2010, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Make a contribution to UT. Maybe buy them a new QB too.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2010, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

No matter how much I might win or how long I might live, I will only spend lottery winnings (or any other windfall) on one thing. I'll spend it on keeping myself happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

No matter how much I might win or how long I might live, I will only spend lottery winnings (or any other windfall) on one thing. I'll spend it on keeping myself happy.

Floyd, as a liberal, don't you think the government would know better how to spend that money? Do the right thing Floyd, give it to em.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: November 3, 2010, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

You can find those answers by searching the hundreds of other threads on "How will you spend your winnings?".

Yea I know there are threads where people mention the first thing they would do, but that's a bit different. It's not about only beng able to spend money on one thing for one year, it's simply what you would do.

The first thing I would do upon winning is buy a new car since mine is 14 years old (still runs good though). My first priority though is something different. Given the option to spend money on only one thing for an entire year it would be towards my mothers health or at least setting her up with a nice house if money couldn't help her (has very bad lung problems as well as stroke issues).

Wanted to ask this because I know there are those threads about what to spend the money on but not really any about what's the most important of those things. Yea they're somewhat the same but I think this is a more thought provoking thread.

Monkey Butt, USA
                United States
                Member #54569
                August 23, 2007
                1124 Posts
                Posted: November 3, 2010, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

The one thing for an entire year would be private school for all of my children.

This includes finding a school that specializes in teaching special needs children with the expectation that my special needs kids will be properly taught and fit in with their peers.

The following year would be something else from my list of things to do.