Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Books and system

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by aquariuslottery.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Vancouver
Canada
Member #99832
November 1, 2010
16 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi to all of you,

i took a bit of time to read majority of the post here and got a lot of great ideas and suggestion out o it. But as a new comer who is trying to learn few trick if i can call them like that i would ask you guys or few suggestion.

Can you guys help me which book would you recommend for beginners to read: i got two one from prof. Jones and another from G. Howard. I really like the book from prof. Jones but then i did some research and saw so many bad review on the book that i got lost, almost same happend with Howard, checked her web site and saw all posting of winners back from 80's.

I was trying to get some sotware but this is even more difficult for me as i do use apple computer and nothing is avalible for it.

I would just like to get some general ideas of how to play and how to analyze it. Can someone suggest some web site that is worth of looking for trends etc...

Thank to all of you in advance.

ps.

one last question over the weekend i went and do some trends for 6/49 Canadaian, but now i have a question do i need to go back from first possible draw? What is the best frame ( period, or numbers of draw ) to look into it ?

Thkx

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Hi jcyvr, and welcome to Lottery Post!

I can't help you with the books or software but I'm sure somebody will.

Good luck to you!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2010, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi jcyvr, and welcome to Lottery Post!

I can't help you with the books or software but I'm sure somebody will.

Good luck to you!

That ahboy ridge ole palsey walsey..LUCK..tiggs can dig it..

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2010, 12:34 am - IP Logged

The books I have found to be most helpful have not been lottery books but mathematical, astronomical, and physics books.  While these books are based on sound reasoning and facts, if they are read while keeping in the forefront of your mind the randomness of the lottery, there are some ideas which you might find interesting to explore.  At least I found them interesting even if the ideas generated by all this reading resulted in one dead-end after another.  Your experience might be different.

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
          Vancouver BC
          Canada
          Member #96078
          August 22, 2010
          110 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2010, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I also play Canadian Lotto 649, in a pool (syndicate) of 5 to spread the cost.

I usually use hot numbers (the most frequent) for the latest 50 draws, with additional options for latest 25 draws, 75 and 100 (I do not analyse numbers beyond that). I also use a wheel with 40 tickets - my personal favourite and proven good performer.

Apart from hot I can use several other prediction methods - cold numbers (the least frequent), repetitive numbers (repeated at least twice lately), due to hit numbers based on their appearance pattern, overdue numbers (waiting the longest to be picked), and positive trend numbers (increased frequency now compared with the past).

Logically hot numbers appear the obvious choice. Unfortunately, reality often defies logic. Hot numbers have been performing poorly lately, guess what is winning? Overdue, the ones that supposed to be lousy! How do I know? I usually backtrack my favourite hots and seldom look at others. But for fun of it I checked overdue a few days ago. Results below. Notice win 5 on October 6. In September another wheel also had win 5, again with overdue.

Check overdue numbers --- Canada Lotto 6/49

Wheel name : 3W 5H 26N 40T

30/10/2010 --- no wins
          27/10/2010 --- wins: 1 x 3
          23/10/2010 --- wins: 3 x 2+bonus, 1 x 3
          20/10/2010 --- wins: 1 x 2+bonus
          16/10/2010 --- no wins
          13/10/2010 --- wins: 2 x 3
          09/10/2010 --- no wins
          06/10/2010 --- wins: 10 x 3, 3 x 4, 1 x 5
          02/10/2010 --- no wins
          29/09/2010 --- no wins
          25/09/2010 --- wins: 4 x 2+bonus, 1 x 3
          22/09/2010 --- no wins
          18/09/2010 --- wins: 1 x 3, 1 x 4
          15/09/2010 --- wins: 3 x 2+bonus
          11/09/2010 --- no wins
          08/09/2010 --- no wins
          04/09/2010 --- no wins
          01/09/2010 --- wins: 3 x 3, 1 x 4

Conclusion: do not get fixated on one prediction method because you may miss something bigger. All methods fluctuate in efficiency. Pick the one that is winning NOW. It could be even cold or overdue numbers. I learnt my lesson.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2010, 3:17 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I usually use hot numbers (the most frequent) for the latest 50 draws, with additional options for latest 25 draws, 75 and 100 (I do not analyse numbers beyond that). I also use a wheel with 40 tickets - my personal favourite and proven good performer.

Apart from hot I can use several other prediction methods - cold numbers (the least frequent), repetitive numbers (repeated at least twice lately), due to hit numbers based on their appearance pattern, overdue numbers (waiting the longest to be picked), and positive trend numbers (increased frequency now compared with the past).

Logically hot numbers appear the obvious choice. Unfortunately, reality often defies logic. Hot numbers have been performing poorly lately, guess what is winning? Overdue, the ones that supposed to be lousy! How do I know? I usually backtrack my favourite hots and seldom look at others. But for fun of it I checked overdue a few days ago. Results below. Notice win 5 on October 6. In September another wheel also had win 5, again with overdue.

30/10/2010 --- no wins
            16/10/2010 --- no wins
            09/10/2010 --- no wins
            02/10/2010 --- no wins
            29/09/2010 --- no wins
            22/09/2010 --- no wins
            11/09/2010 --- no wins
            08/09/2010 --- no wins
            04/09/2010 --- no wins

Conclusion: do not get fixated on one prediction method because you may miss something bigger. All methods fluctuate in efficiency. Pick the one that is winning NOW. It could be even cold or overdue numbers. I learnt my lesson.

Maybe he'll acknowledge your presence being a fellow Canadian.

He's ignored everybody else.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3103 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2010, 3:56 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post.

There are a number of books you'll find at the Lottery Post Book Store that are nice to have in your collection such as those by Robert Serotic, GH, Iliya Bluskov and Isaac Nwokogba.  If you already know about wheels, these are mostly books about wheels with a little strategy thrown in.   Remember you can buy many of these books used through the same link.  The Jones book you mentioned is simple frequency with some simple wheels, if that ever worked somewhere it no longer does.  My e-book, Win Your Lottery by Lotto-Logix is the best dollar to value ratio you will find and covers what the above books cover.  Only problem is you have to use IE6,7,8 or Firefox to run it. 

As for your computer, doesn't it do dos and windows emulation?

As for how much history to use, contact your lottery and find out the last time they destroyed the ballsets and replaced them with new ones, that's the best date to start your research from.

BobP

Vancouver
                Canada
                Member #99832
                November 1, 2010
                16 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2010, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Hey there,

thank yo for your replay.... I am a bit late on replaying sory for that...

Vancouver
                  Canada
                  Member #99832
                  November 1, 2010
                  16 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2010, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post.

There are a number of books you'll find at the Lottery Post Book Store that are nice to have in your collection such as those by Robert Serotic, GH, Iliya Bluskov and Isaac Nwokogba.  If you already know about wheels, these are mostly books about wheels with a little strategy thrown in.   Remember you can buy many of these books used through the same link.  The Jones book you mentioned is simple frequency with some simple wheels, if that ever worked somewhere it no longer does.  My e-book, Win Your Lottery by Lotto-Logix is the best dollar to value ratio you will find and covers what the above books cover.  Only problem is you have to use IE6,7,8 or Firefox to run it. 

As for your computer, doesn't it do dos and windows emulation?

As for how much history to use, contact your lottery and find out the last time they destroyed the ballsets and replaced them with new ones, that's the best date to start your research from.

BobP

Hi BobP,

thank you for your replay and suggestions. I will up for your book, i got GH and R. Serotic book and doing work in on it. I do have Firefox so your book should run on it. 

I dont have DOS nor windowns on it at all.Had windows on previous mac and got a virus and they could not fix it in apple store :)

Thanks again

Vancouver
                    Canada
                    Member #99832
                    November 1, 2010
                    16 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2010, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Maybe he'll acknowledge your presence being a fellow Canadian.

He's ignored everybody else.

I am not ignoring anyone, was just crazy yestrday noon and pm for me, and replaying back only this morning...

Vancouver
                      Canada
                      Member #99832
                      November 1, 2010
                      16 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2010, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Hi,

30/10/2010 --- no wins
                      16/10/2010 --- no wins
                      09/10/2010 --- no wins
                      02/10/2010 --- no wins
                      29/09/2010 --- no wins
                      22/09/2010 --- no wins
                      11/09/2010 --- no wins
                      08/09/2010 --- no wins
                      04/09/2010 --- no wins

I saw that recently overdue numbers are winning in Lotto 6/49. I start recently playing with 10 tickets and now i am thinking of going on 20 or 25 and try my luck.

i did few mistake as well when i use same ticket for BC6/49 i am not doing that again at all.

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
                        Vancouver BC
                        Canada
                        Member #96078
                        August 22, 2010
                        110 Posts
                        Posted: November 3, 2010, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Hi,

For now overdue  (and cold) are winning in the Canadian Lotto 6/49 but I suspect the trend will not last long. Winnings often come in streaks that, unfortunately, end at some point. I started to keep an eye on other selections as well (not only the hot and overdue) - have a feeling something is going to come up. Best bet - positive trend numbers as the frequency charts are being turned upside down.

Don't feel tempted to transpose frequency charts from one lottery to another, even if they look extremely promising. They may have totally different current frequency patterns, and most of the time do. I also play BC Lotto 6/49, this time on my own, because tickets are cheaper. For BC I only use and analyse BC numbers. So far mixed results.

Good luck fellow player!