Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Or so the story goes...

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2010, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

My wife and I were in a coinvenience mart in Missouri today (I've posted about this place before, we live in Illinois) and were filling out some playslips.

A guy saw us filling them out (nothing triggers a conversation like lotto!) and he tells us a story about driving a friend of his, from Missouri, to Michigan recently.

According to the guy, the friend played lotto and bought the winning Mega Millions ticket, a QP.

He said the guy is still up there in Michigan. It sounds like the guy might be a trucker as the guy telling us the story said the guy who won is going to "leave his semi up ther and tell them to come get it."

This was for the October 29th drawing. Look for the news to say the winner was from Missouri who bought the ticket in Michigan.

Either the guy talking to us was legit or had one heck of an imagination.

We shall see.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40516 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2010, 8:18 am - IP Logged

interesting story, let's see what happens.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Well he did say they go up to Michigan for hunting and fishing (although there's plenty of that around here) so I guess the ticket being bought in the UP makes sense (he didn't say that, the post in the News here on LP did).

The one thing that's curious is he said he drove the guy up there, but then said the guy is going to "tell them to come get their truck".

So yeah, let's wait and see.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.