Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio New Years Raffle

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
Ohio
United States
Member #74411
May 10, 2009
71 Posts
Posted: November 9, 2010, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Anyone playing the Ohio New Years Raffle this year?  Tickets go on sale this Friday, November 12th!  A friend of mine and me are doing it and I'm doing a lot differently this year than in the past.  I saved $20.00 per paycheck since last December and I have $500 saved for it and my friend is putting in another $500!  We even wrote up a contract and have it notarized.  So we're playing $1000 worth of tickets and that will give us 50 tickets!  Woohoo!  I hope we win something!  At least our money back if nothing else.Embarassed

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2010, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Since tickets will have the numbers 000001 to 500000 in the order that they are bought, do you plan to buy all 50 tickets at once or spread them over time?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Ohio
      United States
      Member #74411
      May 10, 2009
      71 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Since tickets will have the numbers 000001 to 500000 in the order that they are bought, do you plan to buy all 50 tickets at once or spread them over time?

In the past, with the exception of last year I would spread them out but last year I bought them all at once and even though the woman I bought them from tried to get all the numbers consecutively there were a couple of numbers in between mine and one of those numbers hit for $500.  This year, I'm buying them all at once again and going in during the week (not the weekend) and going in about a half hour before they close and see how many I can get in a row.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

mymonthlypicks's avatar - spider
        Virginia Beach,Va
        United States
        Member #65378
        September 25, 2008
        1180 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2010, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck

If OBAMA'S The ANSWER

How STUPID was the QUESTION?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2010, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck!  I'm buying a few for Idaho's raffle, but nowhere near the number you are.  I might end up with 5 or 6.  One every other week till they're sold out, and we usually sell out early.

Ohio
            United States
            Member #74411
            May 10, 2009
            71 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2010, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, a friend of mine and me went in and paid $500/each (total $1,000)....whew!  That was hard to fork over that kind of money but fortunately for me, I saved $20 per payday since last December.  I went in yesterday at 5:30am (Thanksgiving morning), thinking there wouldn't be many people purchasing tickets at that time of the morning, especially on Thanksgiving Day.  Our hopes were to get all our numbers in a row.....well, I got them.....all 50 tickets without one number missing in between!  Aside from last year when I bought 13 tickets, I've tried in the past to just purchase a ticket per pay day but never even came close, so that's why I switched it up this year and got them all in a row.  Last year I purchased them early in the evening - 13 tickets and they weren't in order since other people were purchasing the same time I was and wouldn't you know, one of the tickets that wasn't mine hit $500....errrr....I didn't like that too well....LOL!  It's just a game of chance, so whether you're buying 1 as opposed to the 50 I bought - your chance of winning is as good as anyone else's.  Good luck everyone who plays it!  Wink

Ohio
              United States
              Member #74411
              May 10, 2009
              71 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Anyone else buying any New Years Raffle tickets?

Ohio
                United States
                Member #102851
                December 27, 2010
                6 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2010, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I'm in for a couple of tickets.  Anyone know how many have been sold to date?  My last purchase was 12/24 and they were at 296,2xx.  Based on previous years I expected them to sell 400k of the 500k numbers but that might be tough with only a week to go.  Perhaps the big jackpots for Ohio Classic Lotto and MM are pulling in Ohio lotto $$.

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #74411
                  May 10, 2009
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2011, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Well, out of the 50 tickets a friend and I bought....absolutely none of them were winners!  We had tickets 054149 through 054198.  I had also bought a separate one 300646 and she had bought one and I can't remember exactly what her number was but it began with 336xxx.  Oh well, that's a chance you take.  I just thought out of all those tickets, we would have won at least $100.  There was one ticket that was 054146, which was just a couple before ours that won either $100 or $500, I can't remember.  I hope someone on here had better luck!  Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2011, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Well, out of the 50 tickets a friend and I bought....absolutely none of them were winners!  We had tickets 054149 through 054198.  I had also bought a separate one 300646 and she had bought one and I can't remember exactly what her number was but it began with 336xxx.  Oh well, that's a chance you take.  I just thought out of all those tickets, we would have won at least $100.  There was one ticket that was 054146, which was just a couple before ours that won either $100 or $500, I can't remember.  I hope someone on here had better luck!  Smile

Experience is a good teacher.  I once thought buying 500 Ohio Super Lotto tickets was a good idea but I had nine other co-workers who thought the same thing so the experience only cost me $50.  Now that I'm retired all my lottery experiences are limit to $25 or less but with MM getting up to $330M I might be ready for a $50 experience again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking