Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 9:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto analysis of Cash 25 (WV)

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Dawn32.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Dawn32's avatar - DawnMarch2012
New Jersey
United States
Member #71646
March 1, 2009
204 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

I usually run a lotto analysis on hot and cold numbers for the WV Cash 25.  Do u think its best to run the analysis based on the last 25 draws or 50 draws?  I can't seem to figure out which is best.  Thanks!

"Bless me Lord, so that I may be a blessing to others."

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7341 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2010, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I usually run a lotto analysis on hot and cold numbers for the WV Cash 25.  Do u think its best to run the analysis based on the last 25 draws or 50 draws?  I can't seem to figure out which is best.  Thanks!

Because 24% of the possible numbers are drawn every time, the more past drawings you use would give you false readings on which numbers were really hot. One number could appear 5 out the first 10 drawings in the past 50 and then just average once out of every five of the next 40 drawings but would be considered "hot" by the total count.

Four numbers should repeat from the last four drawings about 70% of the time and three numbers about 95% so you only have to look at four drawings to find the "hot" numbers. All six numbers repeated from the past four drawings 205 time in the last 3100 Cash 25 drawings.

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #71646
      March 1, 2009
      204 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Because 24% of the possible numbers are drawn every time, the more past drawings you use would give you false readings on which numbers were really hot. One number could appear 5 out the first 10 drawings in the past 50 and then just average once out of every five of the next 40 drawings but would be considered "hot" by the total count.

Four numbers should repeat from the last four drawings about 70% of the time and three numbers about 95% so you only have to look at four drawings to find the "hot" numbers. All six numbers repeated from the past four drawings 205 time in the last 3100 Cash 25 drawings.

That was very helpful!!  Thank u!!

What I've been doing is analyzing the numbers from hot to cold alternating 25 draws to 50 draws (hence the OP) and then dividing them in 3 categories: Hot, lukewarm, cold (8 numbers per column except the lukewarm column which has 9).

Then I choose a wheel and include more hot numbers in my number selection, but am careful to include some cold numbers too.

So in trying to 'fine tune' my little method, I couldn't narrow down the better draw history.

So I'll try using a 4 draw history and go from there.  I'm trying to win the jackpot on this game, since the odds are better than Mega or Powerball and the money is still pretty decent.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19894 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2010, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

When you do an analysis of the last 2000 drawings of Cash25 you notice that all 25 numbers have hit in 7-36 previous drawings mostly 13 previous drawings.  Also all 6 winning numbers hit in 2-36 previous drawings mostly 7 previous drawings. For the next drawing all 25 numbers have hit in the last 8 drawings and when that happened in the past the numbers that hit 1-2 times hit most, not the hot numbers. In fact when you look at the last 1000 drawings numbers that hit 1-2 times in the previous 8 drawings matched six 2.7%, matched five 19.2% and matched four 32.2% of the times and were in a pools of 8-21 numbers.  All 25 numbers hit in the last 8 drawings and 18 of them hit 1-2 times.

Good luck on winning the Cash25 jackpot, the odds might be better than other games but winning is not easy.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #71646
          March 1, 2009
          204 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

When you do an analysis of the last 2000 drawings of Cash25 you notice that all 25 numbers have hit in 7-36 previous drawings mostly 13 previous drawings.  Also all 6 winning numbers hit in 2-36 previous drawings mostly 7 previous drawings. For the next drawing all 25 numbers have hit in the last 8 drawings and when that happened in the past the numbers that hit 1-2 times hit most, not the hot numbers. In fact when you look at the last 1000 drawings numbers that hit 1-2 times in the previous 8 drawings matched six 2.7%, matched five 19.2% and matched four 32.2% of the times and were in a pools of 8-21 numbers.  All 25 numbers hit in the last 8 drawings and 18 of them hit 1-2 times.

Good luck on winning the Cash25 jackpot, the odds might be better than other games but winning is not easy.

Yes it's definitely not easy I've been trying for 2 years on and off and I won't give up :-)

I always use a wheel, most of the time I use a 4if6of11 Key wheel, and so far I've been hitting the key number (which is always a hot number) but can't manage to get more than 2 or 3 on a line, with the occasional 4 numbers ($10 win).  The wheel I use only cost me $2 and that's about all I can afford right now.

If anyone has a suggestion as to how I can better pick my numbers to wheel, please let me know!

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7341 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

That was very helpful!!  Thank u!!

What I've been doing is analyzing the numbers from hot to cold alternating 25 draws to 50 draws (hence the OP) and then dividing them in 3 categories: Hot, lukewarm, cold (8 numbers per column except the lukewarm column which has 9).

Then I choose a wheel and include more hot numbers in my number selection, but am careful to include some cold numbers too.

So in trying to 'fine tune' my little method, I couldn't narrow down the better draw history.

So I'll try using a 4 draw history and go from there.  I'm trying to win the jackpot on this game, since the odds are better than Mega or Powerball and the money is still pretty decent.

How many past drawings to use was always my biggest problem when I placed the Ohio Rolling Cash 5 numbers in order of more frequent, average, and cold. I did better by placing the numbers into a daily order of appearance and finding the spots on chart where numbers were consistently being drawn. The first 5 numbers were from the last drawing, the next 4 or 5 from two drawings ago and so on with all the numbers placed in their last appearance.

Because Cash 25 uses 24% of the numbers in every drawing it was easier to chart. About 3 years ago I made a chart for the WVA Cash 25 that showed potential and considered playing, but it would have involved a daily 100 mile round trip to WVA. There were sections of the chart that consistently showed 3 or 4 next drawing numbers and an occasional 5 or all six numbers. The sections usually had a total of 12 numbers so had I played, I would use 4 if 5 of 12 number wheel with 14 combinations.

From experience I know using abbreviated wheels are geared more for winning the wheel guarantee but they still have the potential to pay more than the guarantee and match all six numbers on the same line and collect a Jackpot. Used correctly and consistently collecting 3 and 4 number matches can pay for the cost of play, a nice profit by matching 5, or a big win if you match all 6.

"I'm trying to win the jackpot on this game, since the odds are better than Mega or Powerball and the money is still pretty decent."

It gets old after a while playing 5 or 10 QPs and only matching 1 or 2 numbers and not being close to matching the bonus ball. The thought of winning $150 for matching 4 numbers or 3 numbers plus the bonus numbers doesn't lite me up either. The odds of winning $10,000 playing PB is 723,145 to 1 and 177,100 to 1 to win $25,000 playing Cash 25.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #71646
              March 1, 2009
              204 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2010, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

How many past drawings to use was always my biggest problem when I placed the Ohio Rolling Cash 5 numbers in order of more frequent, average, and cold. I did better by placing the numbers into a daily order of appearance and finding the spots on chart where numbers were consistently being drawn. The first 5 numbers were from the last drawing, the next 4 or 5 from two drawings ago and so on with all the numbers placed in their last appearance.

Because Cash 25 uses 24% of the numbers in every drawing it was easier to chart. About 3 years ago I made a chart for the WVA Cash 25 that showed potential and considered playing, but it would have involved a daily 100 mile round trip to WVA. There were sections of the chart that consistently showed 3 or 4 next drawing numbers and an occasional 5 or all six numbers. The sections usually had a total of 12 numbers so had I played, I would use 4 if 5 of 12 number wheel with 14 combinations.

From experience I know using abbreviated wheels are geared more for winning the wheel guarantee but they still have the potential to pay more than the guarantee and match all six numbers on the same line and collect a Jackpot. Used correctly and consistently collecting 3 and 4 number matches can pay for the cost of play, a nice profit by matching 5, or a big win if you match all 6.

"I'm trying to win the jackpot on this game, since the odds are better than Mega or Powerball and the money is still pretty decent."

It gets old after a while playing 5 or 10 QPs and only matching 1 or 2 numbers and not being close to matching the bonus ball. The thought of winning $150 for matching 4 numbers or 3 numbers plus the bonus numbers doesn't lite me up either. The odds of winning $10,000 playing PB is 723,145 to 1 and 177,100 to 1 to win $25,000 playing Cash 25.

That sounds like a very interesting chart.  I have noticed that ALOT of the time there's at least 1 number from the previous drawing that will come out.  Some wheels I've played I will use all 6 of the previous night's numbers and wheel them in with some additional numbers.  And sometimes I will check the drawing from 2 nights prior and eliminate a number if it showed up twice already.   It'll  just take some time and patience but I'm staying positive about it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2010, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

That sounds like a very interesting chart.  I have noticed that ALOT of the time there's at least 1 number from the previous drawing that will come out.  Some wheels I've played I will use all 6 of the previous night's numbers and wheel them in with some additional numbers.  And sometimes I will check the drawing from 2 nights prior and eliminate a number if it showed up twice already.   It'll  just take some time and patience but I'm staying positive about it.

When I simulated playing the six winning numbers of the previous drawing for all 3141 W.Va Cash25 drawings, I got the following results.

TOTAL MATCHES

MATCH  0 = 470     
                  MATCH  1 = 1227     
                  MATCH  2 = 1062     
                  MATCH  3 = 336            $ 336
                  MATCH  4 = 42             $ 420
                  MATCH  5 = 3              $ 750
                  MATCH  6 = 0       

I would have won 381 prizes or $1506 and spent $3140.

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1823 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2010, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

When I simulated playing the six winning numbers of the previous drawing for all 3141 W.Va Cash25 drawings, I got the following results.

TOTAL MATCHES

MATCH  0 = 470     
                    MATCH  1 = 1227     
                    MATCH  2 = 1062     
                    MATCH  6 = 0       

When you simulate playing the six winning numbers of the previous draw  you have one 6 match. Not being mean, but they aren't called WINNING NUMBERS for nothing. So up until they won they produced the 2, 3, 4, 5 matches, but last night when all 6 hit, they produced a six digit winner. 

Yep, went through this myself.

New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #71646
                    March 1, 2009
                    204 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

When you simulate playing the six winning numbers of the previous draw  you have one 6 match. Not being mean, but they aren't called WINNING NUMBERS for nothing. So up until they won they produced the 2, 3, 4, 5 matches, but last night when all 6 hit, they produced a six digit winner. 

Well I tried looking at the past 10 drawings and the past 20 drawings to decide on a pool of numbers to wheel and I did WORSE, lol.  So using my 25 draw and 50 draw analysis I do way better.  I'll just experiment some more I guess, really wanna fine tune it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19894 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2010, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Sure, every winning combination have matched 6 once and some have done it twice six times this year alone as shown in my list below.  None had done it again in the next drawing which was what I was simulating.  Perhaps you were thinking of something different, please explain.

09/07/10 - 02 05 08 16 22 24
                       08/04/00 - 02 05 08 16 22 24

08/27/10 - 06 15 16 17 18 19
                       02/09/99 - 06 15 16 17 18 19

07/06/10 - 06 10 13 17 19 20
                       04/20/90 - 06 10 13 17 19 20

06/29/10 - 02 06 08 11 12 25
                       02/01/91 - 02 06 08 11 12 25

03/29/10 - 01 09 11 12 19 24
                       02/01/00 - 01 09 11 12 19 24

01/08/10 - 07 10 14 15 17 18
                       05/20/03 - 07 10 14 15 17 18

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1823 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2010, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

TOTAL MATCHES

MATCH  0 = 470     
                          MATCH  1 = 1227     
                          MATCH  2 = 1062     
                          MATCH  6 = 0       

I'm going by what you said........

You 'simulated playing the 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing for all 3141 WV Cash25 drawings.'

If they were the 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing, how did they produce MATCH 6 = 0?

Shouldn't 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing produce Match 6 = 1.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2010, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm going by what you said........

You 'simulated playing the 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing for all 3141 WV Cash25 drawings.'

If they were the 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing, how did they produce MATCH 6 = 0?

Shouldn't 6 winning numbers from the previous drawing produce Match 6 = 1.

I was responding to Dawn32 post of "I have noticed that ALOT of the time there's at least 1 number from the previous drawing that will come out."

I simulated taking the last winning combinations and playing them forward one drawing and recorded the matches.  You are confusing playing forward with looking backward, the best those combinations did in the next drawing was match 5 three times,

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1823 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Until your last post I wasn't clear on what you actually did. What you did was track repeats from one draw prior. That's a very interesting concept.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #71646
                              March 1, 2009
                              204 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2010, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I was responding to Dawn32 post of "I have noticed that ALOT of the time there's at least 1 number from the previous drawing that will come out."

I simulated taking the last winning combinations and playing them forward one drawing and recorded the matches.  You are confusing playing forward with looking backward, the best those combinations did in the next drawing was match 5 three times,

Ok I see, but I don't ONLY play the 6 winning numbers, I also wheel 5 other numbers (I wheel 11 numbers total) together.  The only time I do NOT play a previous winning number is if it came out 2 times in a row already.