Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

new york million dollar bankroll scratch, i am digusted!

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Set4life.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ny
United States
Member #88765
March 22, 2010
319 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2010, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

today i went to the local store to buy some lottery, i played a few other scratchers and broken even until i saw the million dollar bankroll tickets which are $5 each. i saw that it was a new pack starting at #100 so i decided to buy 2 first. both losers and i bought 2 more, i kept buying until i hit $15 win after buying 16 tickets which cost $80. then i continued buying 2 at a time until i hit $20, by that time i was on #64 from #100. so yea after 36 tickets all i got was the $15 and $20 win. so thats $145 down the drain.

also saw this old lady in the store who bought #1 through #8 tickets of the $30 new york's $1,000,000 a year for life tickets. she won x2 $30 and x1 $50, so she was down $130.

starting from today i am going to set my spending limit and only buy a few tickets and bring it home to scratch. just want to share my experience that lottery should only be played for fun!!!!  Bang Head

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
    Nashville, TN
    United States
    Member #86739
    February 9, 2010
    483 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2010, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Yes I have bought several $20 tickets (here in TN) one time, in a row on TWO diffrent rolls and walked away with basically nothing.

this was a time I bought them late at night, at a grocery store, from a machine. I ran out of money, disgusted at winning nothing, and returned the next morning, early after much thought and decided to finish out the rolls.

I won maybe half my money back, spending about 240 and only winning back 120.

The sad part is when I cashed it all in the clerk (at a completely different store) said "Wow you did some winning!!!" and I said, no, even with this I am still down.

It would be nice to see more people actually win when this happens but I guess this is how the lottery is.

Set4life's avatar - 2554
      East Hampton, NY
      United States
      Member #41995
      June 25, 2006
      1137 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2010, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

<snip> that sucks brotherdan, ive been playing that new game"money for life' lol brought 5 of them today and nada lol $25 goneeee.  I would def set a limit man, unless your feeling mad lucky.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!