Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arizona Lotto Winners

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2010, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I see where the latest Powerball winner resides in Arizona.  Perhaps I should say the winning ticket was purchased in Arizona.  Whatever.

I wonder just how many winning tickets have been purchased in Arizona?  From the depths of my feeble memory, I think there have been quite a few; too many to justify judging from the small population of that state.  Powerball is played in New York and Pennsylvania (and others) with much larger populations.  How many winners have those states experienced.

Does anyone know?  Or does anyone know of a website with that information?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Dunno how many winners there, but considering it borders Nevada and Utah, neither of which have a lotto, I bet there are a lot of out-of-staters playing there.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19904 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2010, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

There's a company website that produce software uniquely for PB and MM that have lists of past winning numbers for every year with the jackpot winners highlighted with winning states shown but you will have to go through the list and count the individual states yourself.  If you've never come across it, just google software for PB/MM.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2010, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY

" From the depths of my feeble memory, I think there have been quite a few; too many to justify judging from the small population of that state....."

It just doesn't work like that. Consider the "Miracle Mile" in Wisconsin.

In-state games will show a bias towards population, like Little Lotto in Illinois usually going to Chicago or the collar counties, but in the multi-state games 5 + 1 games population demographics are no "lock".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2010, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY

" From the depths of my feeble memory, I think there have been quite a few; too many to justify judging from the small population of that state....."

It just doesn't work like that. Consider the "Miracle Mile" in Wisconsin.

In-state games will show a bias towards population, like Little Lotto in Illinois usually going to Chicago or the collar counties, but in the multi-state games 5 + 1 games population demographics are no "lock".

I understand what you said and, right now, I agree.  But I thought a little bit of research might throw some new light on the subject.  What I have in the back of my mind (way back) is the thought that some states might be limiting their choices when generating QP's.  If Arizona has a disportionately high rate of winners while a populous state like New York doesn't, then there might be some corelation.

Just a thought.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5146 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

There's a company website that produce software uniquely for PB and MM that have lists of past winning numbers for every year with the jackpot winners highlighted with winning states shown but you will have to go through the list and count the individual states yourself.  If you've never come across it, just google software for PB/MM.

GOOD>>>>>>>>>>RESEARCH>>>>>>>RJoh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????????

TOOD>>>>>>>>>>RESEARCH>>>>>>>BETTEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box