Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why not start a megabillion jackpot

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Stone Mountain
United States
Member #102345
December 18, 2010
2 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2010, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Simply have six numbers and an extra number instead of five numbers and an extra one. That means the jackpots could get as big as a billion at least in my opinion?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Such a game would only attract uneducated players and would not be able to compete with the 5 + 1 games if they remained available.

Just prior to California joining Mega Millions the newspapers ran stories about potential $500,000,000 jackpots. Hasn't happened yet, not even close.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Detroit, Michigan
      United States
      Member #92131
      June 1, 2010
      261 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2010, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

lol Mega Billion Tickets would have to be like $50 Dollars a ticket

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2010, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Simply have six numbers and an extra number instead of five numbers and an extra one. That means the jackpots could get as big as a billion at least in my opinion?

Ohio had a Super Lotto Plus game a few years back and its jackpot never went over a $100M because it was a 6/49+1 game.  Simple having 6 numbers and an extra number does make the game harder, it's the size of the number pool.  MegaMillions and PowerBall could make their jackpot harder to win by increasing the size of their number pools.  For example increasing their WB pool to 100 and their Bonus number pool to 100 they would increase the odds of winning the jackpot to 1:7,528,752,000

possible combos of 5/100 + 1/100 numbers = 7528752000
         MATCHES   ODDS              WINNING COMBOS     

5/5+B  1 : 7528752000       1                       
          5/5+0  1 : 76048000         99                       
          4/5+B  1 : 15850004         475                     
          4/5+0  1 : 160101           47025                   
          3/5+B  1 : 168617           44650                   
          3/5+0  1 : 1703             4420350                 
          2/5+B  1 : 5439             1384150                 
          1/5+B  1 : 473              15917725                 
          0/5+B  1 : 130              57940520                 

But who would be willing to spend $94 for chance to win even a $2-$3 prize?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

I agree, and I hope the lotteries do something like this -- soon.  MUSL needs to run it, and it cannot be a computerized drawing.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I agree, and I hope the lotteries do something like this -- soon.  MUSL needs to run it, and it cannot be a computerized drawing.

What size matrix and payouts do you think would attract enough players to make it as or more successful than the PowerBall and MegaMillions games are now?  Also what was be a good price for each ticket?

Evil Looking       

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

It eventually will happen...Something i said before....I said, prepare for when the lottery is a Pick8/120 + 3 bonus ball...Prepare for the unthinkeable...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

It eventually will happen...Something i said before....I said, prepare for when the lottery is a Pick8/120 + 3 bonus ball...Prepare for the unthinkeable...

Matching 8 of 120 would be hard enough with out the bonus numbers.

possible combos of 8/120 numbers = 840261910995
                 MATCHES   ODDS              WINNING COMBOS   
                  8/8    1 : 840261910995     1                       
                  7/8    1 : 937792311        896                     
                  6/8    1 : 4827760          174048                   
                  5/8    1 : 65833            12763520                 
                  4/8    1 : 1933             434757408               
                  3/8    1 : 112              7512607744               
                  2/8    1 : 13               66987417600             
                  1/8    1 : 3                289823129600             

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

anyway i am through with the lottery...The idea of gaining 25-45 POUNDS trying to win the lottery and at the end it goes to your neighboor or is a ghost in the room....even if i win i want to chase other forms of randomness and do other things...

I see billionaires very fat...IS DISGUSTING, IS SORRY JUST LIKE BEGGARS ON THE STREETS...

i think is more chasing math or physics or medicine or learning other languages than a: $1 Billion dollar lotto....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

But they are free to create it...They can create all they want...Would had been nice if they use, racing dogs and convert the races into lotto drawings...instead of balls colliding...

I am in favor of using dogs...And after all if it wasnt for dogs, mankind will not be, HERE...

just make sure you create a Pick2...

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2010, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

if they dont create the Billion dollar lotto where the drawing can be manipulated/altered they will be mentally challenged...that´s why i favor, RNG with a code on it, an RNG FOLLOWING A CODE or following a specify formula....They will be VERY MENTALLY CHALLENGED IF THEY DONT DO IT that way...

OR CREATE 2 ONE WHERE THE RNG FOLLOWS A PARTICULAR CODE/FORMULA AND THE OTHER THAT IS TOTALLY RANDOM...

THEY MAY WANT TO USE THE ONE THAT IS TOTALLY RANDOM FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES/STUDIES I DONT KNOW...AND BY THAT I MEAN STUDYING THE DRAWINGS FOR SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES/STUDIES...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19816 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

anyway i am through with the lottery...The idea of gaining 25-45 POUNDS trying to win the lottery and at the end it goes to your neighboor or is a ghost in the room....even if i win i want to chase other forms of randomness and do other things...

I see billionaires very fat...IS DISGUSTING, IS SORRY JUST LIKE BEGGARS ON THE STREETS...

i think is more chasing math or physics or medicine or learning other languages than a: $1 Billion dollar lotto....

anyway i am through with the lottery...The idea of gaining 25-45 POUNDS trying to win the lottery......

Are you suggesting that playing lotteries is fattening?

Evil Looking       

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2010, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I think MM/PB are fine the way they are because they already offer people much more than what they need and provides a good amount of winners (a lot of those players are fine with just the base jackpot payouts). The thought of winning one billion is pretty juicy, but with the odds of winning it being so high I don't think many would play when they can play a game with much better odds and still receive an amount of money beyond what they'd ever make.

Here are some questions I have about this game:

What would the price of tickets be?

What would the payouts be?

How long would the annuity be paid out for?

What would the cash option be?

What is the base jackpot?

I just don't see this type of game happening. Though I could see the states agreeing to giving up some of their yearly profit to start the game at $1,000,000,000 (remember MM/PB both guarantee at least a million so to make this game truly MegaBillions it would have to guarantee at least a billion) I don't see there being a winner within a year, or maybe even two, which would cause players to stop playing and the game to end without ever having a winner.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2010, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

The MegaBillions Lottery is happy to announce the start of their new 6 + 1 game.

Those wishing to skip the formality of actually filling out a playslip or asking for a QP at a lottery outlet can just send their $6.01 ticket price into:

We Screw U Over

C/O What Schmucks Play This!

P O Box 999

Lottoland, USA $$$$$

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2010, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Oh, like 195 million to 1 odds with the Powerball isn't hard enough for you?....lol (Scientists equated hitting the Powerball JP was like an Asteroid hitting you)

I just can't wait until the Trillion dollar lottery comes out.....whoo Hoo...!

Then I'll have an even less chance of hitting.....

Maybe the Scientists will equate the odds of hitting a trillion dollar JP with the Big Bang....lol

But given enough time, anything can happen....