Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The definition of tragedy!!

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Stone Mountain
United States
Member #102345
December 18, 2010
2 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2010, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

If you brought  a megamillion jackpot ticket and a powerball jackpot ticket, and the numbers you played for the megamillion were the winning numbers for the powerball and the numbers  you played for the powerball were the winning numbers of the megamillion.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34125 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

If you brought  a megamillion jackpot ticket and a powerball jackpot ticket, and the numbers you played for the megamillion were the winning numbers for the powerball and the numbers  you played for the powerball were the winning numbers of the megamillion.

I would just play Both Draws that happened to me, a few months. ago. I had 4 of the numbers in the Mega and I think it came in the PowerBall so from now on I am playing Both Draws. I don't want that top happen again. Good luck with your Powerball or Mega Million.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

rukiafae's avatar - box
      NC
      United States
      Member #100192
      November 7, 2010
      125 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2010, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

I play our numbers on PB, MM and our pick 5 (minus one number, of course)

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2010, 5:16 am - IP Logged

Thats not even FUNNY ... lets hope we DON"T read about a story in Lottery News

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
          Jawja
          United States
          Member #87469
          February 25, 2010
          109 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2010, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

That's why I throw all losing tickets away immediately, and never refer back to past drawings in this manner.  That way if something like this happened to me, I'll never know it.  If I don't hear the tree in the forrest fall, then it never fell in the first place.

Be sassy and be happy.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10347 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2010, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

It might have happened to someone (all the numbers, not four like what happend to Marcie), or it could happen but I'd hardly call it a tragedy.

It would make a good bad beat story, yes, but not a tragedy.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49674 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2010, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Tragedy: A drama or literary work of a serious nature with a very sad ending; sad or dreadful event.

Tragedian: An actor who specializes in tragic roles.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19821 Posts
                Posted: December 20, 2010, 10:04 am - IP Logged

What are the odds of that ever happening?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34125 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2010, 10:05 am - IP Logged

It might have happened to someone (all the numbers, not four like what happend to Marcie), or it could happen but I'd hardly call it a tragedy.

Nope your right wasn't a tragedy, but it could of been some Chesse!! LOL!  Somethings better than nothing at all!  Happy Holidays!!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7298 Posts
                    Posted: December 20, 2010, 10:18 am - IP Logged

That's why I throw all losing tickets away immediately, and never refer back to past drawings in this manner.  That way if something like this happened to me, I'll never know it.  If I don't hear the tree in the forrest fall, then it never fell in the first place.

I've checked losing tickets I didn't throw away but never found any tickets that would have significant winners. There is no reason to check MM tickets to see how they how they would do in PB. I don't play back the same QP numbers in future drawings in the same game so even if I had found a $100 plus winner, it's not like I would have played those numbers any way.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7298 Posts
                      Posted: December 20, 2010, 10:30 am - IP Logged

I would classify matching 4 numbers the same as matching a pick-3 box in another state. Especially when there were no intentions to play the same numbers in another state or in another game.

A bad beat might be playing a number 10 times straight in daily drawing and see where it was drawn the same evening.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10347 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Tragedy: A drama or literary work of a serious nature with a very sad ending; sad or dreadful event.

Tragedian: An actor who specializes in tragic roles.

Tragedian would be a great username for some people!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.