Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has Anyone On This Site Actually Won A Big Lottery Prize??

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by vfigures.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Stigmatized1999's avatar - white face.jpg
Spokane Valley, WA
United States
Member #59363
March 14, 2008
16 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2010, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I feel like being on a lottery forum is bad luck for winning big... can someone here tell/show me otherwise?

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2010, 10:42 am - IP Logged

YUP!!!!!

Everyone of us that became parents...

We took a gamble and hit the jackpot with every child we have!!!!

Every person that is alive today has hit the jackpot!!!! <Life's a gamble>

But seriously, to me a jackpot is anything you've been working on and U experience a success.

Be it lottery, school, career, children, marriage, self-improvement, etc.......

It just depends on how we as individuals choose to look at it. <it being what we R looking @>

For me in answer to your question.......

Lottery:   NO.

Everything else on my limited list:  YES-YES-YES many times over and still seeing the jackpot pay off in the form of wonderful grandchildren, relationships, and personal growth.

My life decisions were some of the best wagers I've ever placed in life's lottery.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40262 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2010, 10:47 am - IP Logged

nope, no big one YET.Drum

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rukiafae's avatar - box
        NC
        United States
        Member #100192
        November 7, 2010
        125 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2010, 10:56 am - IP Logged

nope, no big one YET.Drum

well, none that we KNOW of.

I think most of us would keep quiet about a BIG win (I know i would, in fact I'd probably just disappear, not that I post too regularly, anyways)

Monkey Butt, USA
          United States
          Member #54569
          August 23, 2007
          1124 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I feel like being on a lottery forum is bad luck for winning big... can someone here tell/show me otherwise?

A few weeks ago a set of numbers I posted hit the jackpot on the pick 5 in AZ.

I guess that can be classified as a big lottery win even though I don't live in AZ.

To see a 5/5 win with my name attached to it was just like winning a jackpot to me.

Even though I didn't win any money, I still experienced the rush of knowing that I had beat the odds and hit 5/5.

Being on a lottery forum is one of the best things you can participate in, especially here at Lottery Post.

Being part of a lottery fourm enables you to glean ideas that never would've occured to you.

Plus you get to meet wonderful and interesting people to bounce ideas and share stories with. <wins & losses>

And where else can you discuss the lottery numbers and the person you are talking to knows what you're talking about and not trying to avoid you like a person with a wallet full of baby pictures. lol

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:21 am - IP Logged

A lottery forum is no different than being on a stock market or investors forum.

WHATT

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:27 am - IP Logged

There have been reports of lottery post member(s) hitting a large prize for the money.

WHATT

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                Member #81314
                October 16, 2009
                18966 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2010, 11:28 am - IP Logged

What do you consider a large "Jackpot"?

The Struggle is real!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49618 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2010, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Don't let the drama kings/queens distract you from your Goal!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2010, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Since you are here, you must have already told/shown/convinced yourself otherwise, good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2010, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

well, none that we KNOW of.

I think most of us would keep quiet about a BIG win (I know i would, in fact I'd probably just disappear, not that I post too regularly, anyways)

If I won everyone here would be the first to know. I'd want to wait to tell close friends and family until after I've talked to an attorney about setting up a trust and whatnot, and since I'd have a lot of pent up excitement I'd turn to this forum to let it out. Plus I would be collecting anonymously so there wouldn't be a press conference and since I know there's some people on here who like reading lottery winners stories (I know I enjoy reading them) I could answer questions for them. The lottery would tell people more about where I live than anything here would, I'd only be worried about the insane amount of PM's I'd get.

As for the question OP, I think there's been a six figure winner but don't know of anyone that has won over a million. I remember there being a thread a while back that listed some of the big winners here but couldn't find it.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                        Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1659 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2010, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Imagine how many friends you would make if you announced (on any lottery site) you had won a huge sum of money. Imagine how many would be willing to tell you what to do next, or how to spend/save or share it. Not to mention those who would remind you how much help you got. Suddenly, you have people in real life giving advice and people online giving advice. Everywhere you go people want to know how you won, how much you won, and what are you going to do with all that money.

Not a fun thought is it?

Best advice you would get is don't make new friends fast, no promises, no agreements, and don't admit to getting any help picking numbers.

People do win here. You only have to check threads to see that. Of course, if you feel it is bad luck, that negativity might be affecting your picks.

Who knows?

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2010, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Imagine how many friends you would make if you announced (on any lottery site) you had won a huge sum of money. Imagine how many would be willing to tell you what to do next, or how to spend/save or share it. Not to mention those who would remind you how much help you got. Suddenly, you have people in real life giving advice and people online giving advice. Everywhere you go people want to know how you won, how much you won, and what are you going to do with all that money.

Not a fun thought is it?

Best advice you would get is don't make new friends fast, no promises, no agreements, and don't admit to getting any help picking numbers.

People do win here. You only have to check threads to see that. Of course, if you feel it is bad luck, that negativity might be affecting your picks.

Who knows?

That wouldn't be too big a deal to me. I already know how to say 'no' and better yet, just plain ignore people. If I did win I also wouldn't mind hearing advice from other people if they put it out there as it may spark an idea of my own (just as plenty of things on here have already sparked ideas of my own). As for the last line, if you collect anonymously you wouldn't have to worry about having to deal with people everywhere if all you did was let people on this forum know you won. You'd have to deal with PMs on here and that's about it and that wouldn't be that terrible. And since I don't make any agreements or use anyones numbers (I do QPs) there'd be no issue there.

I could see someone who openly gets advice on a website on lottery systems or wheeling numbers not wanting to openly say they won for fear of someone becoming bitter and trying to claim some of the money, but for someone who just plays QPs I don't see any major worries in announcing to the forum that they won. It'd mainly be a matter of whether or not they want to share that information with the internet (such as if their username here is the same on other sites and don't want anything from here carrying over). That's why part of me would consider using a different username here to tell everyone that I won.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2010, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

What do you consider a large "Jackpot"?

Something life changing, something that would let you retire if you wanted to.

Re: Anyone here winning a big prize, there is one member who won the a Pick 5 (5/39) twice.

As far as winning a jackpot of a million or multi-millions, to hit a jackpopt like that and post it on the internet would be insanity and asking for trouble.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                              adelaide sa
                              Australia
                              Member #37136
                              April 11, 2006
                              3300 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2010, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

i won $1300 on keno does that count?

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297