Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to choose lotto numbers

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tigerwu's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
mt. holly nc
United States
Member #102698
December 24, 2010
6 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2010, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

How do you feel about lotto numbers do think quick pick is better?  than choosing your own numbers I feel that numbers have a pattern

its like playing a card game once you play a few hands you then have a idea how the cards will fall looking for comments on how you choose

your lotto numbers

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40571 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I like to choose my own numbers I most certainly feel there are patterns.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2011, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Studying the patterns rather than the numbers is, IMHO, the only way to go.  If mathematics, statistics, or calculus could do it, you would see a host of Ph. D.'s in math winning almost every draw.

shaun's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
        brugge
        Belgium
        Member #14866
        May 5, 2005
        30 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2011, 7:04 am - IP Logged

i read a lottery study over quick picks and self picked numbers based on last 15 years its report said with so many computer generated quick picks they account for only 15percent of winners of jackpots whilst 85 percent came from  non quick picks often when sometimes leaving my lottery ticket at home i have bought quick picks and found very rare  a win or lucky 3 matching numbers  ive never hit 4 numbers with a quick pick in last 20 years

United States
          Member #68002
          December 10, 2008
          477 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2011, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I've had more luck selecting my own numbers than using quick-picks never  won anything from a quick-pick

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7318 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2011, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

i read a lottery study over quick picks and self picked numbers based on last 15 years its report said with so many computer generated quick picks they account for only 15percent of winners of jackpots whilst 85 percent came from  non quick picks often when sometimes leaving my lottery ticket at home i have bought quick picks and found very rare  a win or lucky 3 matching numbers  ive never hit 4 numbers with a quick pick in last 20 years

You didn't provide any raw data on your 15% but Coin Toss' Illinois Lil Lotto data proves the opposite; more QPs are sold and more QPs win those jackpots

And from the Powerball website:

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

These statistics are based over time and on probability. The same it true if 70% to 80% of the tickets are purchased in highly populated areas, 70% to 80% of the jackpot winners will come from those areas.