Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

markings on the bottom of ticket??

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DuBois, PA
United States
Member #99108
October 19, 2010
8 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2010, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Hello. Im new to this post. I purchase lottery tickets everyday, and i never win much of anything!! I read a post on here about there being a black marking at the bottom of a ticket, and it being a winning ticket..i dont see the marking too often, but in the past week i did see 3 tickets with markings on them, and they were all losers! So i was wondering, for anyone that was going by that strategy, is it supposed to be the ticket with that marking thats supposed to be lucky, or the ticket before or after?? cuz i bought the tickets with the marking, and no luck!! Or anyone with any useful tips that could give me some different sort of strategy they use would be greatly appreciated!

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
    Harrison Township Michigan
    United States
    Member #90088
    April 21, 2010
    4265 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2010, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Hello Shay, i just about quit buying scratch-off's unless i'm in a giving mood and would like to donate to Education here in Michigan.

Personally i have never seen any black marks on instant scratch-off's.

Try playing pick 3 or pick 4 in your State, i find it more fun and profitable. Good luck to you in whatever games you like to play.

Welcome to Posting on Lottery Post.

Cutla$$Bob

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

danyo1332's avatar - 198208 10150427293015037_578305036_17777547_4875050_n
      clinton, ohio
      United States
      Member #94566
      July 22, 2010
      1920 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2011, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP! I agree wih CutlassBob..pick 3 and 4 are a lot more profitable and is a very fun hobby and I always look forward to the drawings lol. Find a strategy and stick with it! Some good strategys are anything posted by LaverneMaloney, pair systems by lottolaughs, TNTEA's vtracs for dummies,hhbear's numbers due pairs (he posts pairs for every state in the pick 3 part of the forum, and my hot 2 digit system.  Kenya is also very good, but she only posts for Georgia (I believe). Just use the search option at the top and you can find these systems!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231108 My Definite Double System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231369 My P4 to P3 Pair System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233360 My Digit 9 Significance System

United States
        Member #97729
        September 22, 2010
        321 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2011, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Scratch offs can be very profitable if you are careful. Don't listen to people who say otherwise. I have done a whole lot better on them than on online games. This idea about markings has been suggested by other members in previous posts, but it has been my observation that the marks make absolutely no difference on whether or not a ticket is a winner or a loser. Those are registration marks used by printers to align the colors, and by cutting machines to make precise cuts. That is the only purpose that they serve. I used to search for those patterns too, but it is a complete waste of time.

The sooner you get that idea out of your head, the sooner you can start worrying about other things that actually matter, such as overall odds, odds of winning a certain prize, what the top prize is, and how many top prizes are left. If you can figure how many other top tier and lessor prizes are left, then that will help you as well. I try and stick with games that have at least 50% of their top prizes left, and have good odds of hitting $100 or more on a somewhat regular basis. I am certainly no expert, but I have spent an around $3,000 on scratch offs over the period of the last three months, so I have a little experience under my belt.

Most of the time, when you find a winner, there will not be another winner for at least 4 more tickets. Notice that I said most of the time. There are occasionally back to back winners, but I would say that happens less than 5% of the time.  On average, you will find a winner in 1 out of 4 tickets on a good game, but not always. Remember that you are not making any money if you spend more to win than what the prizes is, and you also have to deduct the cost of the ticket. Keeping records of every ticket you purchase, the book and ticket number, where and when you bought them and any winners. This may help you determine a strategy, and help you succeed in the long run. Also, newer games have more winners on average than older games. Don't quit searching, but a much of what you need to succeed with scratch offs is in this post. Happy scratching.

DuBois, PA
          United States
          Member #99108
          October 19, 2010
          8 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2011, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice!! What exactly is the pick 3 and 4 though? is that the same thing as the daily number?? i dont understand it too much but i do play the cash 5. Never won more than a dollar though haha.

danyo1332's avatar - 198208 10150427293015037_578305036_17777547_4875050_n
            clinton, ohio
            United States
            Member #94566
            July 22, 2010
            1920 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2011, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice!! What exactly is the pick 3 and 4 though? is that the same thing as the daily number?? i dont understand it too much but i do play the cash 5. Never won more than a dollar though haha.

Yes it's the same thing as daily numbers. Each state has their own name lol. MOST states have a drawing midday and a drawing during the evening.  In Ohio a boxed win is $83. Box is lets say u play numbers 934..they can come in ANY order and u win $83..now ifyou win on a straight bet you win $500. Straight bet is when lets say u predict 418 will come..it has to come that exact order to win $500..if you play 481 straight and it comes 418 you don't win anything (unless you played it boxed also).

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231108 My Definite Double System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231369 My P4 to P3 Pair System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233360 My Digit 9 Significance System

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2011, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Indeed, the black marks seem to be registration marks. Haven't really noticed a trend. I have heard people talking about a white line, though.