Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking at the past NY Mega Millions Winners and I noticed something...

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jacal5.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #103163
December 31, 2010
7 Posts
Posted: December 31, 2010, 5:00 am - IP Logged

I was searching the net about NY Mega Millions and quick picks and I stumbled upon this great website here. I kind of notice something about the past jackpot and second prize winners. It seems that only certain places win such as Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Rocky Point, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and those places closer to the more urban and city type areas.Now I might be crazy but I think purchasing tickets in this area is a good idea.

.....than after finding this article I am hoping it will bring some luck .....http://www.lotterypost.com/news/225396

I have been driving out since this week to purchase quick pick tickets for the mega millions in the area where they are frequently won. So far I have $33 dollars worth of quick picks from gas stations, today I am going into one of these area and going into convenience stores.

Have you ever used a strategy like this? And if so, have you had any luck with it?Smile

BTW Good Luck to everyone playing for the drawing tonight....JACKPOT IS $242 MILLION

I am shooting for at least $250,000 LOL

headcrack's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
    boogiedown
    United States
    Member #95878
    August 19, 2010
    2887 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2010, 9:12 am - IP Logged

hey damon let me tell you something.....thanks for taking your time to look that stuff up. i will add to it i live in the bx and i know of 3 places in the bx that have sold the 2nd place prize... 2 gas stations 1 a stationary... so you might be right. but most people play at gas stations cause when they get gas and see the sign they put a buck from gas on the lottery... so you have to factor that in.... but i would also say....go to a store and buy tickets that gives you a couple of numbers in a quick pick.. something like a lucky store... i use to buy 5 dollar qp from this one store and always got a few numbers on it... most of the time all 5 numbers were in a 10 dollar qp.. the most i won was 150$ using the qp as a sample set.... there are so many ways to get a few numbers.. good luck.... by the way the store went out of business and new owners are not selling lucky tickets...

067. 158. 568. 379. 248

358. 168. 467. 012. 036.

Ice Cube "shake em up shake em up shake em up shake em." Today was a good day

Four-Five-Six--Ciello--Five-Five-Six--Headcrack!   Bash

Ohio
      United States
      Member #102851
      December 27, 2010
      6 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2010, 9:35 am - IP Logged

To say that a particular seller had 'lucky tickets' is to say that the random number generator used for qp is actually located in the lottery machine in the gas station.  I've always thought, potentially incorrectly, that the RNG was at the 'mother ship' and the lottery machine was simply a connector to the head end.

Does anyone know one way or the other?

boogiedown
        United States
        Member #95878
        August 19, 2010
        2887 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2010, 11:46 am - IP Logged

To say that a particular seller had 'lucky tickets' is to say that the random number generator used for qp is actually located in the lottery machine in the gas station.  I've always thought, potentially incorrectly, that the RNG was at the 'mother ship' and the lottery machine was simply a connector to the head end.

not saying a lucky ticket to the exact.. but buy your qp from a store that you have had luck at.. i know of a store that  i can go to and for me i get 1 number in 20'bucks worth of qp. so what im trying to say is its better to go to a store and buy qps that gives you more of a chance to win.... there are stores that do push out winners more than others why i do not know.... but since there are these type of stores use it to your advantage....

067. 158. 568. 379. 248

358. 168. 467. 012. 036.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
          NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3685 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2010, 11:47 am - IP Logged

The Random Number Generator program does in fact run on the terminal located at the NY lottery retailers location.

I know this from reading the FAQ's on The NY State Lottery website.  I was kind of surprised myself when I read that, as I has always assumed the program ran on a central computer located in Albany.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
            Member #100917
            November 21, 2010
            12 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2010, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Hi Damon, I live in the western end of this state and it is my opinion that the reason that so many more winners of the 2nd and jackpot prizes are in the areas of Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Rocky Point, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, is because they are more densely populated than this area that I live in.  In other words more people are buying tickets in those areas compared to this area.

New York City and surrounding Metro area winners for the week of 12/19/2010 - 12/25/2010 --- Mega Millions $522,323.00

The western end of the state --- Mega Millions $35,988.00

and yes I have even thought about driving to the other end of the state to purchase tickets, but I would have to win the jackpot prize on the mega millions in order to that.  LOL

boogiedown
              United States
              Member #95878
              August 19, 2010
              2887 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2010, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

theresa thats funny....dont worry i sometimes want to drive near you and buy some tickets.... but just search your town and find a store that gives you some numbers in there qp.s it might take some time to find a place that gives you numbers but when you find that store i would go to that store to buy you mm tickets..... ive tried it all kinds of places and found if you can find a store that gives you some numbers on your qp's if thats the way you play... your better off....save the gas unless your going to see a broadway show.....

067. 158. 568. 379. 248

358. 168. 467. 012. 036.

United States
                Member #100917
                November 21, 2010
                12 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2010, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi Headcrack,

I have found a store near me that seems to be luckier than most and that is where I buy my tickets at.  I like to pick my own numbers, even if does seem that qp's are the ones that win all the time.  I like to pick my own numbers because I still want to have some control in my life someplace.

I wonder if they stopped the selling the quick picks, if the sales of the tickets would decrease.  Just a random thought.

New York
                  United States
                  Member #103163
                  December 31, 2010
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2010, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Yes Theresa you have a great point and I never thought about it in that way. Those area are more populated which means more tickets which turns into more possiblities of winning in that area.

I will take the advice of Headcrack and save gas instead of driving around purchasing tickets from different store and areas. I purchase $90 so far worth of quick picks might just purchase $10 more dollars just to make it $100. LOL that $242 Million sounds good $100 spent on QP are well worth it and a great way to start the NEW YEAR

Good Luck Once Again To Everyone.

boogiedown
                    United States
                    Member #95878
                    August 19, 2010
                    2887 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2010, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Yes Theresa you have a great point and I never thought about it in that way. Those area are more populated which means more tickets which turns into more possiblities of winning in that area.

I will take the advice of Headcrack and save gas instead of driving around purchasing tickets from different store and areas. I purchase $90 so far worth of quick picks might just purchase $10 more dollars just to make it $100. LOL that $242 Million sounds good $100 spent on QP are well worth it and a great way to start the NEW YEAR

Good Luck Once Again To Everyone.

good luck damon.....yes..u can do it.......remember the store that gives you some numbers on a consistent basis over time should become the store you purchase the majority of your tickets....in the future you might end up a big winner.......

067. 158. 568. 379. 248

358. 168. 467. 012. 036.

United States
                      Member #100917
                      November 21, 2010
                      12 Posts
                      Posted: December 31, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Good luck on all those tickets.  With that many tickets you should have some winners in there someplace, but the jackpot is mine.  (It is called positive thinking.  LOL)  I was able to play only 5 tickets.  I am so hoping win something.

New York
                        United States
                        Member #103163
                        December 31, 2010
                        7 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2011, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

out of 100 chances to win...i only won $17 dollars....lol

Im going to blow through another $100 bucks again...lol anyone got any advice for me....should I just pick some random numbers or let the machine do it.I really need some good numbers....I know location doesn't really matter but man sometimes I wish I was in the NYC area...lol

Are there certain places that gives better luck such as gas stations, supermarkets, corner stores, etc.....??? I need that 250k or the JACKPOT JesterSmile

Should I play the same numbers for more than one drawings?

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11974 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO WIN YOU WILL WIN NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAY. THE following drawing was won by two players who played $1 QUICK PICK EACH. THE GUY FROM CALIFORNIA PLAYED $1 QUICK PICK  WITH CASH VALUE OPTION. THE GUY FROM BRONX NY PLAYED $1 QUICK PICK WITH THE 26 ANNUAL PAYMENT OPTION. By the way that place where the individual from bronx ny won is a very poor area. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

Drawing Results Back

Telephone:(518) 388-3415
                          E-mail:Contact Us
                          Web site:www.NYLottery.org

August 28, 2009 MEGA MILLIONS WINNING
                          NUMBERS: 1 17 31 37 54 + MEGA BALL (31)

2 WINNERS OF $336,000,000 JACKPOT.
                          (TICKETS SOLD IN CA, NY)

34 SECOND-PRIZE WINNERS OF $250,000.
                          (TICKETS SOLD IN CA, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, WA, TX)

New York
                          Winners
                          Prize
                          Level
                          Numbers MatchedPrize
                          Amount
                          1First5 of 5 + Mega Ball$168,000,000.00
                          Winning Counties: Bronx(QP)

Retailer Location:

• Fordham Convenience, 38 W. Fordham Rd., Bronx (Quick Pick)
                          7Second5 of 5$250,000.00
                          Winning Counties: Bronx(QP), Nassau(QP), New York(QP), Orange(QP), Queens(QP), Washington(QP), Westchester(QP)

Retailer Locations:

• 2039 Deli, 2039 Grand Concourse, Bronx (Quick Pick)
                          • Neelkanth, 1247 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh (Quick Pick)
                          • Song Stationery, 2845 Broadway, Manhattan (Quick Pick)
                          • Montgomery Mobil Mart, 2079 Rt. 208, Montgomery (Quick Pick)
                          • STK Conenience, 88-01 Jamaica Ave., Woodhaven (Quick Pick)
                          • Old Station Inn, 5 Bleecker St., Greenwich (Quick Pick)
                          • Big City Gourmet, 140 Grand St., White Plains (Quick Pick)
                          37Third4 of 5 + Mega Ball$10,000.00
                          1,713Fourth4 of 5$150.00
                          1,852Fifth3 of 5 + Mega Ball$150.00
                          30,901Sixth2 of 5 + Mega Ball$10.00
                          87,835Seventh3 of 5$7.00
                          189,572Eighth1 of 5 + Mega Ball$3.00
                          356,157NinthMega Ball Only$2.00

The Mega Millions Jackpot for September 1, 2009 will be $12,000,000.00, including the annuity interest earned over a 26 year prize payment period.

For more information on national results visit www.megamillions.com

Overall chances of winning on a $1 play: 1:39.89.
                          *Note: The jackpot prize will be divided equally among multiple jackpot winners. All other prizes are fixed amount, except as set forth below.
                          **In some cases, the fixed prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and may be lower than these published amounts. Click here for how it works.

The information contained on these pages is believed to be accurate. In the event of a discrepancy between the information displayed on this Web site concerning winning numbers and payouts and the information contained in the official and certified files maintained by the New York Lottery's Drawing Unit, those maintained by the Drawing Unit shall prevail.

Previous Payout Info

To print, click here.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49618 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2011, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I was searching the net about NY Mega Millions and quick picks and I stumbled upon this great website here. I kind of notice something about the past jackpot and second prize winners. It seems that only certain places win such as Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, Rocky Point, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and those places closer to the more urban and city type areas.Now I might be crazy but I think purchasing tickets in this area is a good idea.

.....than after finding this article I am hoping it will bring some luck .....http://www.lotterypost.com/news/225396

I have been driving out since this week to purchase quick pick tickets for the mega millions in the area where they are frequently won. So far I have $33 dollars worth of quick picks from gas stations, today I am going into one of these area and going into convenience stores.

Have you ever used a strategy like this? And if so, have you had any luck with it?Smile

BTW Good Luck to everyone playing for the drawing tonight....JACKPOT IS $242 MILLION

I am shooting for at least $250,000 LOL

Check the Lottery News Forum for Stories on Lucky Places to Buy Lottery Tickets.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                              Member #171
                              April 7, 2002
                              181 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:48 am - IP Logged

I was at a NY lottery headquarters buying tickets for the New Years Eve drawing, and I asked for a QP with 26 payments, so the clerk says to me, "Why do you want to wait for your money?"  I told him that I might have a better chance to win with a 26 annual payment ticket because they might not want to pay out a big lump sum, and the computer might be set to pick a winner from the 26 annual payment pool of tickets. At that point, the clerk started to say "That money comes from....." but then he stopped talking, as if to say my logic wasn't plausible and gave me the ticket.

Can anybody explain to me what the lottery clerk was going to say if he finished the sentence ?  Does anyone agree with my logic of purchasing some tickets with 26 payments for the reason I stated?

Today I'm going to Conn. to get a few tickets with the Mega multiplier. The multiplier was supposed to be in effect in NY starting in Jan 2011, but yesterday a lottery retailer told me that they haven't had any word yet from the NY lottery regarding the Mega multiplier.  I don't think Conn. has the MM promo ($10.00 and 2 free), so when I come back to NY, I'm going to pick 6 numbers and get 6 QP (2 will be from the promo). Since I normally purchase all my tickets separately and at different places (less repeated numbers that way), but I can't do it with the promo,  I don't want to take the chance that I'll have repeated numbers on one ticket in all the lines, so that's why I am picking half of them myself.

I was reading the strategies here with great interest, because I had a little luck during the middle of 2010 with Sweet Million, and continued to purchase at the stores where I would get 3 or 4 numbers, but after September, I never won anything at those same stores.  Now I am trying to decide where to get my Mega Million QP's today, so I think I will try the Bronx again after reading these posts, even though I haven't won anything so far in the Bronx when I buy tickets there.

Hi and Happy New Year to GiveFive, and to everyone, and GLTA on tonight's MM drawing!