Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Is Being Sold In The U.S. Virgin Islands

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #103510
January 3, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2011, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and mega millions lottery tickets are being sold here, and they have been sold here since october 2010...but i am confused as to why the megamillions website does not list us a jurisdiction that tickets are being sold in...? I feel like we are making the pot bigger for you guys on the mainland to win our money...and we play VERY VERY hard down here....

United States
    Member #103510
    January 3, 2011
    3 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2011, 8:54 am - IP Logged

i am trying to post images but i cant....someone please help...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2011, 9:26 am - IP Logged

You're exactly right, I have no idea why this is not mentioned in the "official" Mega Millions site.

The information at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) DOES include the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #103510
        January 3, 2011
        3 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2011, 11:00 am - IP Logged

i feel very uneasy about playing megamillions (although i still do, religously) because i feel like no one from the virgin islands will win the jackpot or even the 250,000 because no one on that checks the official site even knows that we exist....so if there was a winner from the virgin islands....the rest of the players in the state would be like "wtf,where is the virgin islands" and they would feel like they have been robbed of a jackpot...but  at the same time players fromt the virgin islands feel as though our tickets are played in vein because winning a big prize wont happen down here...at least until they announce that we are officially playing the game here....Unhappy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19903 Posts
          Posted: January 3, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

If you really feel you can't win, why play?  Like players everywhere, if you don't pick the winning numbers you lose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7344 Posts
            Posted: January 3, 2011, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

i feel very uneasy about playing megamillions (although i still do, religously) because i feel like no one from the virgin islands will win the jackpot or even the 250,000 because no one on that checks the official site even knows that we exist....so if there was a winner from the virgin islands....the rest of the players in the state would be like "wtf,where is the virgin islands" and they would feel like they have been robbed of a jackpot...but  at the same time players fromt the virgin islands feel as though our tickets are played in vein because winning a big prize wont happen down here...at least until they announce that we are officially playing the game here....Unhappy

If your ticket matches all 5 numbers plus bonus number, you'll make an interesting news story. Most people don't know all the other states including D.C. and territories like the Virgin Island that sell MM tickets and the majority will probably say "how about that".

As for winning $250,000 or more if you have Megapilier, that jackpot will be paid by the Virgin Island lottery.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2011, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

If your ticket matches all 5 numbers plus bonus number, you'll make an interesting news story. Most people don't know all the other states including D.C. and territories like the Virgin Island that sell MM tickets and the majority will probably say "how about that".

As for winning $250,000 or more if you have Megapilier, that jackpot will be paid by the Virgin Island lottery.

That's a good point, a lot of players playing MegaMillions and PowerBall don't realize unless they win the jackpot, they are dealing with their local lottery and its rules.  Local lotteries contribute approximately a third of their sales toward the jackpot amounts and it's their responsibility to pay all other prizes won locally.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51255 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2011, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

You're exactly right, I have no idea why this is not mentioned in the "official" Mega Millions site.

The information at USA Mega (www.usamega.com) DOES include the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Good to Hear! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!