Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Update on Arkansas Million Dollar Raffle

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2011, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

With all the excitement around raffles this time of year, I reached out to the Arkansas Lottery to see where things standard with regard to the Million Dollar Raffle.

Unlike other states, which set a definite draw date (or target date for the drawing), the Arkansas Lottery is not setting a draw date at all; in fact they will not provided even the smallest hint about a draw date, except to say, "The draw is scheduled to take place upon sellout."

The raffle has 500,000 tickets available, and as of midnight last night (Jan. 2, 2011), 230,129 tickets had been sold.

Tickets went on sale Wednesday, July 14, 2010.  There was a minor glitch the first week of sales.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92330
    June 5, 2010
    887 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2011, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Not even half the tickets in almost a 6 month period. At the current rate they won't sell out until late July, though since most of those sells came within the first month it will be much longer than late July unless they find some way to really increase sales.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42114 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2011, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

Not even half the tickets in almost a 6 month period. At the current rate they won't sell out until late July, though since most of those sells came within the first month it will be much longer than late July unless they find some way to really increase sales.

They need to set a date, and hire a better promotions person.

HyperBe Happy.

LuckyLars's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
        NW Arkansas
        United States
        Member #97591
        September 19, 2010
        2 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2011, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the update, I'm not sure if i want to invest anymore $ into this game. 

The Arkansas Scholarship Lottery (ASL) just sucked over $2 million out of the Ark economy, $2 million just setting in the back drawing interest.

I think with every month that passes the odds of winning tickets getting destroyed, lost or forgotten about greatly increases and it will be a miracle if both million dollar prizes are claimed.

I guess this is why the ASL director just got a cost of living raise, on top of his $324,000 a year salary!

lar

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2011, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Well now........ I am giong to have to visit some cousins in ArkansasWink........