Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Disgruntled Lottery Employees Tell Everything!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2011, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

If you are a disgruntled current or former employee of a lottery corporation, and feel you have been mistreated, why not get even? The same goes for those involved in the design, printing, administration or advertising and promotion of instant tickets. Also those involved in the warehousing and distribution should tell what they know. Perhaps you are a former lottery retailer who unfairly lost your license. Ticket Sales Agents feel free to participate as well. If there is anything you can tell us to help us win, go right ahead! 

If you are a current employee bound by confidentiality agreements, and you are afraid of getting caught and losing your job, then go to a Wi-Fi hot spot and make your post. No one will be able to track your IP if you do that. Just make sure that it is a busy place, and that you don't stick out, and no one will remember you, even if someone decided to try and trace the address, which will point back to the Internet cafe, not your computer.

If you are super paranoid, buy a wireless adaptor, and then get rid of it. That should solve the problem of even having your mac address recorded. As a final level of ultimate security, you can use a solid state drive in your laptop or netbook, and tell it to delete the pagefile upon shutdown. Unlike traditional magnetic recording devices with rotating platters, when you delete something on a solid state drive, it is really gone forever, and it is doubtful that even forensic scientists could possibly recover data that has been deleted. Another good thing to do is to defragment your hard drive after deleting files. Don't let your fear overcome you. Today could be Your day!

Where are all of those winning numbers? How can you tell which books are most likely to contain a big winner? What is the algorithm that chooses a winner from a loser out of a book of tickets, or a book out of a batch? How does the full ticket number correspond to the validation number on tickets?

Is it really the three digits in the box that the clerks enter into the computer? What about the other 7 digits not contained in the box? Does the validation number itself tell you if a ticket is a winner or loser, and how much you have won? Is there an actual ticket number that correlates with the top prizes?

What book numbers are winners? Is there a certain sequence of numbers that would indicate that a book contains a good winner? Is there a way to follow the distribution pattern of tickets? Is there a way to determine if a winner is on a nearby ticket by the validation number, or something in the play area? What is the actual first book number in a printing, is it 100,000? If I have forgotten to ask an important question, that is OK, just go ahead and tell us anyway.

Please, tell all. Don't hold back.

I am kidding of course. I don't want anyone to do anything that they said they would never do when they were hired. That would be morally wrong.

United States
    Member #97729
    September 22, 2010
    321 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2011, 2:05 am - IP Logged

It seems like people are avoiding this one with a 10 foot pole. Are you afraid that lightning is going to strike you if you comment? I guess no one wants to break the ice. As far as telling anything, this is a corporation which is in business to make money. There is absolutely nothing illegal about speculating on how to find a winner more easily. The lottery is not a governmental agency. It is not like you are plotting to break into Fort Knox and steal all of the gold bullion, which used to guarantee our dollar back in the good old days.

What about all of the folks that come up with those schemes to use sale items and multiple coupons to get things for free at chain drugstores, how is this any different. I don't think that it is. Must the lottery remain a mystery forever? I am curious. I guess if someone was to figure it out, the public would lose trust in the lottery, and they would quit buying tickets because they would know that someone else was going to win all of the time.

I guess it only makes sense that if someone knew something that they would keep it to themselves and win more often than most everyone else. The thing is that it will eat away at you if you keep it all bottled up inside. You need to tell what you know, and you will feel better. You can never rest until you get this off your conscience. Are you afraid that the lottery corporation will have you killed if you talk?

I wonder if these people just find someone who is not related to them, and who does not reside in their residence, and have them to buy the winning tickets and share the money. The person has to share the money, or it will be a one time deal. That person will never employ the other to cash any more tickets from that point on if they get screwed over. I think they will keep on cashing tickets together until one day someone wins $5,000,000 and decides to keep all of it themselves. After all, the other party can't really say anything.

This would work really well with $500 winners, as there would be no paper trail. If you could find even one of those a day, you would be doing really, really good, especially if you only had to buy a couple of tickets. Even if they had to pay $300 to buy the whole book, they would still make $73,000 a year tax free after you bought the tickets.

Two $500 winners a day buying the whole book would be almost $150,000 a year. I can see how someone who knows the algorithm or where the winning tickets are headed could do this pretty easily. Maybe this is the answer to those retailers who have family members who cash $100,000 worth of tickets each year, and those are only the tickets that have to be reported, meaning over $600.

If that person was to cash $100,000 a year on the books, then they could do even better on the tickets which were did not record the SS# of the cash-er. I bet this goes on more often than one would imagine. I think in typing out these posts I might have come up with an answer to many of my own questions. I should become an investigator myself, and the lottery should hire me as a security consultant.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2011, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Not one person has replied, even though there have been over 220 views in the first 24 hours alone. Are you telling me that there is not one person who has ever left the lottery on unfavorable terms? I know in most cases, there are going to be people fired from jobs for reasons that were not fair, and that person is mad as hell. They want to vent their frustrations, and this is the best place to do it.

Instead of more senseless workplace violence, the best way to get revenge is to tell all of your secrets. That will make them pay for what they did to you. But seriously, I was wondering if there is some type of non-disclosure act that you must sign in order to be hired by a state lottery corporation, or a company such as Scientific Games. What type of background check do these companies such as GLC perform on perspective employees? I was just kidding about becoming a lottery investigator. They would never have me because I have a criminal mind.

Lets all face it, the more information we share, the better it is for all of us. If we keep everything to ourselves, we might be tempted to think that since we have a winning system, why would we want to share it with others? Well, there are a number of reasons. Foremost, you may have that one key bit of information that will help someone else win. Second, someone else might have that one piece of information that you need to solve your puzzle. Last but not least, the chance of another LP member or lurker shopping at your favorite retailer(s) is probably less than being struck by lightning. I am willing to bet that 90% of people that play the lottery don't even know about LP.

Sure you have your dedicated players that you see on a regular basis at your retailers, but think of how many times you are at a retailer and someone comes in and asks for something like, I want three two dollar tickets. Those types are the ones with no plan, and I think are the majority of the players out there. What I am saying is I don't think revealing your methods or secrets will really hurt you. The more we share the more we all win, and winning is what it is all about, right? Those that play just for fun are not even on LP. I want to win something larger than $150, and I am sure that many other folks do as well.

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
        Albany,Georgia
        United States
        Member #45615
        August 24, 2006
        2135 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

These past emplyees took an OATH !! they want spill the Beans or they could risk criminal action!! What?

One day I will Hit BIG!!

United States
          Member #97729
          September 22, 2010
          321 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

These past emplyees took an OATH !! they want spill the Beans or they could risk criminal action!! What?

I didn't know that. I thought an oath was when you swore to uphold the constitution in the case of a member of Congress, other elected officials, and Military personnel. You can testify under oath in a criminal trial, but I do not see how an employee of a company could "take" an oath. I did not know that these employees put their hands on their Bible, and raised their right hand while swearing under oath that they would not reveal any secrets.

I think it is more likely a non-disclosure agreement, in which they agree not to compete with their company if they leave, and that they should not discuss any trade secrets. This is different than an oath. As they are not public officials, it is not like they could be impeached. I think the most that could happen is that they could lose their jobs if they haven't already, or perhaps the lottery corporation could sue them.

If they don't have any money, then it would be hard to get blood from a turnip, as they say. Besides, I am not asking for the exact ticket number, such as ticket number 000-123456-029 is located at the the Shell Station on  111 First street,  Any town, USA, and is worth $5,000. I am merely asking for generalizations that might be helpful.

I also gave very clear instructions on how to remain completely anonymous. If anyone needs additional information, just ask, and I will provide it, if I know the answer. Again, the lottery corporation is not a government agency. While it is true that it is authorizes and created by the legislature, but that does not mean that the lottery itself is a public entity. I would like to see a copy of the agreement if anyone has it. If you want to, make a copy of it and black out your name and the name of your state's lottery, or any other personally identifying information. I am sure it can be downloaded from somewhere on the Internet.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
            The Ville, FL
            United States
            Member #95879
            August 19, 2010
            1708 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2011, 10:25 am - IP Logged

The reason no one has posted is because this thread is just plain weird.

You are essentially telling someone to break the law so you can have inside information (if there even is any).

And you rambled on about buying a "wireless adapter" and then throwing it away after answering your questions. What???

Why would anyone in their right mind pay money for a wireless adapter for the sole purpose to bash the lottery commision to answer someone questions that they dont know??

Im lost on this one

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5751 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2011, 10:58 am - IP Logged

You are essentially telling someone to break the law so you can have inside information (if there even is any).

And you rambled on about buying a "wireless adapter" and then throwing it away after answering your questions. What???

Why would anyone in their right mind pay money for a wireless adapter for the sole purpose to bash the lottery commision to answer someone questions that they dont know??

Im lost on this one

This is why I visit LP everyday. Great entertainment!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                Member #97729
                September 22, 2010
                321 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2011, 6:25 am - IP Logged

Im lost on this one

They might get a wireless adapter at Micro Center for $10 that works for Wi-Fi hot spots. They don't have to throw it away, that just helps avoid the paper trail, or the actual proof that the post came from their computer, if it came to that, which I very seriously doubt that it would. The wireless adaptor is the link between the Wi-Fi connection and the computer. It is just a security measure to get rid of it.

It is almost like your fingerprint so to speak. If you wear latex gloves, and get rid of them, you do not leave fingerprints. It is the same with the wireless adaptor. You are essentially getting rid of the mac address of the post when you get rid of that piece of hardware. They could give it away, sell it on CL or take it back to wherever they bought it. Just make sure to pay cash for it. I have not implied that anyone should break any laws.

I think that someone who got fired for something really stupid might get quite upset about it, especially in these hard times. It would be the ultimate revenge to talk about what they know, and be a whistleblower on any corruption that may be occurring. People always want to get even or at least vent about being mistreated by a former employer, but it is obvious that the lottery has scared all of their employees, past and present, so much so that they wouldn't even dare do something like that. They are too scared to talk.

I will tell you a short story. I worked as a driver at Company B, and had decided to work as a trainee under an independent contractor, which all Company B drivers are. She told them that I admitted to carrying a gun, but I told them that I had just talked about it, and mentioned that I wished I could carry on the route (I did, but no one ever knew for sure or proved it), not that I actually did.

That got me banned from the building by the head of security; He said it was just because it was right after VA Tech shooting, so everyone was on edge. It is amazing how as someone licensed to carry that they would even care. I showed them my permit, and lifted up my shirt to show them that I did not have a gun, even though I was legally able to carry it (I left it in the car that day because of a tip about the fact that this matter was going to come up).

I did not take it sitting down. Her boss was all too happy to have me write out a three page statement about the things that she had done while out on her route during training. I went into great detail about her rendezvous with another office employee, their lewd lesbian activities, her racist remarks about certain publishers of a black magazine, and showed them where she kept her knife in the truck, among other things.

They also didn't like the fact that she left alcohol at a residence, without the required signature of an adult. She just signed for them and left it. It could have been for a 10 year old kid for all I know. She instructed me to do the same, and I told her in no uncertain terms that I would never under any circumstances do that, or flagrantly violate any other federal laws. You can get a real nice fine and a matching prison sentence for that one.

She could have just told me that she didn't want me to drive for her anymore, and I could have gone to work for another contractor as I had done before. My last boss in had gotten himself banned from the building. I had been working in that building for quite a while before my week with her got me banned from the building. I saw to it that not only did she lose her route, but she lost her business and her truck. Some people don't take getting fired for BS reasons too well.

She also tried to not pay me, and Company B wouldn't do anything about it. She was avoiding my calls, so I had no choice but to go to her residence and speak with her about the matter. She seemed upset that I knew where she lived, but I reminded her that I had repeatedly attempted to contact her via phone, but she would not answer, and kept putting me off. At one point I asked her if her wife knew about the fact that she was cheating on her with the girl from the office. I think around that time she decided to go ahead and pay me after all.