Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are there some lottery machines better than others in picking winning numbers?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #103217
December 31, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how lottery machine randomly generate quick pick numbers? The same lottery machine generate quick picks for various games such as powerball, mega million, and then state specific lotteries such as sweet million in NY etc. Are there some machine better that other in delivering quick pick winning numbers? or they are all the same? it seems people from NY city counties win a lot. not sure it is because the more number of people play games in city area.

CT
    United States
    Member #62299
    June 23, 2008
    53 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I wonder how lottery machine randomly generate quick pick numbers? The same lottery machine generate quick picks for various games such as powerball, mega million, and then state specific lotteries such as sweet million in NY etc. Are there some machine better that other in delivering quick pick winning numbers? or they are all the same? it seems people from NY city counties win a lot. not sure it is because the more number of people play games in city area.

People from NY city counties win a lot because a whole shipload of people live in the NYC metro area.  More people means more potential lottery players.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1666 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

It is all in the numbers. Generating 5 milion quick picks has a better chance of winning than generating 5 thousand.

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40339 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

no. I don't think so.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

You have to stop talking to Cointoss...............Green laugh

United States
            Member #103797
            January 5, 2011
            7 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2011, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I always complain to my boyfriend that we have no chance to win the lottery in a little piece of crap town because it seems the only people that win are from big states/cities and he always tells me it's simple math...the more people = higher chance of a winner being from that pool and i say "see thats why i wanna play from one of those places!" And he just shakes his head at my retardation, lol.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't call any where in Idaho the hub of lottery activity, but today someone from Idaho has $120 million before taxes. It's pretty obvious if 70% of the tickets are sold in big cities, over time 70% of the jackpots will come from those cities.

United States
                Member #68002
                December 10, 2008
                477 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2011, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

All Lottery Machines are pretty much the same they don't run on some specially developed software that has the ability too  generate  more winning tickets over  other machines it's a pretty standard algorythm used too  generate a sequence of random numbers.Any difference  in  the amount of winners  in some areas compared too others  would be due too more people  playing in that area or just plain "LUCK"

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Oh boy could you imagine????

Just get me thru this so called life......

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2011, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

I always complain to my boyfriend that we have no chance to win the lottery in a little piece of crap town because it seems the only people that win are from big states/cities and he always tells me it's simple math...the more people = higher chance of a winner being from that pool and i say "see thats why i wanna play from one of those places!" And he just shakes his head at my retardation, lol.

Listen to your boyfriend!

In the simplest of terms if pool A  has 10 tickets

and pool B has 5 million tickets

simple math......more than likely the winning ticket will come from pool B

The pool itself has a better chance of having a winning ticket..........

not the individual ticket holders.

Just get me thru this so called life......