Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Now That the Excitement of Mega Million is Over

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ameriken.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Now that the excitement of Mega Million is over, how will this affect tonight's Power Ball sales?

Since so many people spent a lot of money last night on the Mega Millions lottery and didn't win, do you think they will still purchase a Power Ball ticket for tonight?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42223 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I'll get my five dollars worth tonight, I really like powerball.

HyperBe Happy.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
      Watervliet, New York
      United States
      Member #1100
      February 2, 2003
      3214 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2011, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Now that the excitement of Mega Million is over, how will this affect tonight's Power Ball sales?

Since so many people spent a lot of money last night on the Mega Millions lottery and didn't win, do you think they will still purchase a Power Ball ticket for tonight?

Well my take on the Mega Mania was that even though I did not win anything ...spent $15 bucks had one number on all those tickets regardless it got many American's excited at the huge pot BUT I could live on that $34 mil in Powerball tonite LOL!  I will buy 10 dollars worth and with a little luck who knows.  Hopefully it will carry over the excitement to the Powerball game.  Dollar and a Dream the old NY lottery motto still lives on. Good Luck tonite!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19904 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2011, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Probably in Ohio its state game Classic Lotto with a jackpot of $18.0M and odds of 1:14M of winning the jackpot will be looking attractive again for a week or so.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #61232
          May 16, 2008
          126 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2011, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Lots of people will be putting their winnings from MM on tonights PB drawing.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20249 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2011, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Gamblers and players will do what they gotta do...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5770 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2011, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I purchased my PB tic on Sunday when I got my MM tic and my Tx Lotto tic and my Tx 2 Step tic, AND my Cash 5 tic.

I love the anticipation!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                51284 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2011, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I guess it all depends on the type of person they are and whether or not they put all their eggs in one basket. If they didn't win this one: their's always another game to play: plan accordingly.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                  Member #32537
                  February 12, 2006
                  698 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2011, 12:17 am - IP Logged

i always play both, however am back to my normal 1 buck qp LOL

i up it to 2 bucks for 100m annuity plus, or 50m cash, 3 for 80ish million cash, and once it breaks 100m  cash, or 200m  annuity i go up and stay at 5

only time i go wild is when 300m level is reached, like this past jackpot was new world record for cash, i spent far to much out of normal LOL

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5770 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2011, 8:37 am - IP Logged

i always play both, however am back to my normal 1 buck qp LOL

i up it to 2 bucks for 100m annuity plus, or 50m cash, 3 for 80ish million cash, and once it breaks 100m  cash, or 200m  annuity i go up and stay at 5

only time i go wild is when 300m level is reached, like this past jackpot was new world record for cash, i spent far to much out of normal LOL

That's a smart way to play. I read somewhere once, (can't remember the source, but it made sense,) that when the jackpot is peanuts, bet peanuts; when the jackpot is high, bet high.

It's easy to get caught up in the hype and frenzy when we have a jackpot that high. I put $5 on it, and really had to resist the temptation to go out and buy more tics. I wasn't surprised that there was more than one winner. Look at it this way... it was split 2 ways already. If you or I or anyone else had won, now it's a 3 way split. While it's still a whole lot of $, it's split at a level that doesn't excite us toooooo much. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                      Denver, Co
                      United States
                      Member #103046
                      December 29, 2010
                      546 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2011, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't get why people go crazy over a $300 million jackpot. To me, be it $3 million, $30 million, or $300 million, I would be just as happy with any of those and am willing gamble the same amount of money regardless of the size of the jackpot. The odds of winning such JP's are so outrageous, that to me, buying more tickets really doesn't make it less outrageous. All I want is my foot in the door with a couple of chances on each one.

I tend to spend more on the smaller JP's where the odds are better and the smaller winnings are a little better. $20,000, $100,000 or $500,000 isn't huge, but I sure as hell could use any one of those.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                        Member #32537
                        February 12, 2006
                        698 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

ameriken i can tell you why people go crazy over high jackpots

its pure greed baby! human nature , simple as that

i wanter a even bigger house, a better way to traval, "pirate jet/own helicopter" and more cars/trucks then you can count,

and so much money my great grand kids will be set for life

travel around the world staying at the best pent suits 4/5 stars offer,    so ya,200m cash jackpots, tend to get people to Play more ofc

more money= better life players think, hance sales go sky high

everyone has desires, and sense a lot  of all human desires can be bought with money, Ya we tend go crazy over idea of getting nearly ever thing we want all at once LOL

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                          Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2011, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya, but I guess I'd be just as excited to win $3 million as I would be $300 million, and thus the incentive to win either JP is the same.