Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pet Numbers

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Artemis's avatar - Alice
New England
United States
Member #100508
November 13, 2010
96 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2011, 3:35 am - IP Logged

I've been playing the same 5 sets of numbers (for both PB & MM) for almost a year now, and feel that this is the best way to win.Jester

For those of you who have been playing a special set of numbers, how long have you been doing this? Have you ever missed a draw and had your numbers come in?

I found this quote in a lottery article: "play the same number each time you play, because if you are lost, you are likely to be found if you stay in the same place instead of wandering around trying to find your way back."

DFW, Texas
    United States
    Member #78628
    August 18, 2009
    134 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2011, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I've been playing the same set of numbers in every Mega Millions draw for over a year.  I haven't missed a draw, and haven't won anything.

I don't do it because I think it make it more likely that I'll win, but because if I win, I want to win with those numbers.  Those numbers mean something to me.

I do buy extra tickets when the jackpot is high.  I had four (my regular numbers plus three extra), including a quick pick, for Tuesday's draw.  That does increase (ever-so-slightly) my odds of winning.  But mostly I would want it to be my numbers, the numbers I worked out and have an attachment to, that won me a jackpot.

Perhaps a bit emotional for something as cold as odds and randomness, but winning a jackpot would be a major life experience, with many personal effects.  I would prefer that it be based on a set of numbers with personal meaning.  (But would accept it if it happened through other numbers.)

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40513 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2011, 7:16 am - IP Logged

I've been playing the same 5 sets of numbers (for both PB & MM) for almost a year now, and feel that this is the best way to win.Jester

For those of you who have been playing a special set of numbers, how long have you been doing this? Have you ever missed a draw and had your numbers come in?

I found this quote in a lottery article: "play the same number each time you play, because if you are lost, you are likely to be found if you stay in the same place instead of wandering around trying to find your way back."

You should go with your instincts then.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
        Denver, Co
        United States
        Member #103046
        December 29, 2010
        546 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2011, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I have about 8 numbers that I play all the time in all the lotteries. I may alter them slightly on occasion, like if one of the numbers came up tonite, then I'll use one of my other numbers. If I have a few extra bucks, I may use an abbreviated wheel and come up with a few combinations of my 8 numbers. And if budget allows, I will also try and play some numbers based on research, but those are in addition to my regular set of numbers, not in place of.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2011, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Artemis,

" I found this quote in a lottery article: "play the same number each time you play, because if you are lost, you are likely to be found if you stay in the same place instead of wandering around trying to find your way back."

Did whoever wrote that win a jackpot, or was it just their opinion?

There's a post here on LP somewhere about the same numbers eventually hitting, but it may take 483 years or so.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Chicago
            United States
            Member #70678
            February 8, 2009
            889 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2011, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I know there are several members here who always play the same numbers but for me.....if I played the same numbers over and over and they didn't hit that would tell me I need a new strategy.

If I put my hard earned money on lottery tickets I want to play numbers that are most likely to win. I can't imagine waiting years for my special set of numbers to all come together on one ticket. <------- READ THIS TIGGS.....  THAT would be LUCK : )

For what it's worth when I hit 5/6 numbers on CA Lotto  the numbers weren't numbers I would have picked.

Just get me thru this so called life......