Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When Will Illinois Win The Mega Million

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
chicago il.
United States
Member #103980
January 7, 2011
1 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

it has been so long since any one has won this game in it's own town that it is sad......illinois started this game and no one ever wins..... it is very disapointing for us

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Did Illinois start this game? Is that why one of my co-workers always wants to know why all these people from out of state come to IL and win "our" game????<-------this is no joke!

Oh to answer your question.......when I buy a ticket and win and then I'm takin' the money back to CA with me LOL!!!!!!

Just get me thru this so called life......

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42023 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2011, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

the good news is 12-21-2012

the bad news, you neighbor bob gets it all and leaves town the next day.

HyperBe Happy.

DFW, Texas
        United States
        Member #78628
        August 18, 2009
        134 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2011, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Did Illinois start this game? Is that why one of my co-workers always wants to know why all these people from out of state come to IL and win "our" game????<-------this is no joke!

Oh to answer your question.......when I buy a ticket and win and then I'm takin' the money back to CA with me LOL!!!!!!

Mega Millions started with six states, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia.  Illinois is a founding member.

And 12-21-12 is a Friday, a Mega Millions draw day.  I'll have 12 as the Mega Ball number, and 12, 20, and 21 on the white ball side.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2011, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

sully,

You're killing me with the 12-21-2012!

Mega Millions useed to be The Big Game.

Longarm has it right.

The drawings used to be held in Atlanta.

This is from the MM FAQ page:

3. How was Mega Millions created?

The history of Mega Millions is as exciting as playing the game! Following a record $363 million Big Game jackpot in 2000, interest in multi-state games was at an all-time high. And as interest in the multi-state games grew, so did the participants. In May 2002, New York and Ohio joined Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey and Virginia to create Mega Millions!

Sales for the country's newest multi-state jackpot game began on May 15, 2002, and the first drawing was May 17, 2002. Mega Millions jackpots start at $12 million and, with millions of people playing, jackpots can roll to even higher levels at a faster rate.

It didn't take long for players in other states to join the mega fun! By September 2002, Washington had joined Mega Millions and in December 2003, Texas began offering the game to its players. In June 2005, California became the 12th member, solidifying Mega Millions as the country's most widely played multi-state jackpot game.

On January 31, 2010, 23 more state lotteries joined Mega Millions as an historic cross-selling agreement between Mega Millions and Powerball went into effect.

A female pharmacist from Illinois won a MM jackpot a couple of years ago. She hired professional make up people to disguise her for the press conference because she said some people would sue her for malpractice when they leanred she won a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2011, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Here's the Illinois pharmacist who won a Mega Millions jackpot:

http://www.lotterypost.com/topic/172325

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23350 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2011, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Florida
                United States
                Member #102882
                December 27, 2010
                334 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2011, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry but I don't think you have a valid complaint. There are states out there that have never won Mega Millions or Powerball at all and just recently (Dec 11th 2010) someone won the Powerball jackpot in Illinois.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2011, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions started with six states, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia.  Illinois is a founding member.

And 12-21-12 is a Friday, a Mega Millions draw day.  I'll have 12 as the Mega Ball number, and 12, 20, and 21 on the white ball side.

GRRRR@ the beast monster and Internet Explorer! Ha I tried to respond to this last night.

When I moved to IL I just knew that we had MM and that it was a multi-state game. I'm not real big on finding out the history of things but thanks Longarm and Coin Toss for the info.

Just get me thru this so called life......