Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ticket Issues

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 6 years ago by socalgal.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #103833
January 5, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2011, 3:18 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I havebeen lurking for a while.

Anyway to my point...

Today I stopped in Oklahoma and decided to get my regular fix of tickets for the two games I play (Mega Millions and Powerball) I have  ten sets of numbers that I play everytime, the same numbers for both games.

So I fill out the forms, I do not normally purchase in Oklahoma so I did not have them ready. I give them to the clerk and all of them go fine except for one. So they tell me that I must fill out another slip for the first group, the rest were ok. So I fill out the first set. The clerk keeps trying to run my numbers and then tells me that I need to fill out yet another slip and choose one less number, I ask her how many numbers the game plays, her responce 5.... So ten I ask her how many numbers do I have? She responds 5.... so I try to explain to her that I have to have 5 on the top... one on the bottom, I can not remove one from the top because then it will say I am one short. ..... So I fill out yet another form and this time it goes... so I go to pay and I am told I owe $16... these picks should have been $20... They did not get the 4... Those apparently were the ones te machine was not reading. Then I find out she gave the ONE ticket 2 prints and they can not cancel out the ticket.

Needless to say it was a pain and I left the store witout my other 4 picks after wasting almost an hour just trying to get something simple done. And... I purchased my other sets in the next state I came too.

Anyone else ever have an issue just trying to get their numbers?

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22854 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2011, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Yes trucker, it happens on and off. Sometimes a machine just won't read the card no matter what. So I've heard all kinds of reasons why..from

the ink, to the card condition, to the scanner, to the machine *being off all day*...Is it also possible you had just a tiny, tiny mark on another box

on the ticket? ...but you did say you filled out a new ticket...hmmm

Sometimes the machines are so sensitive, they'll pick up the tiniest mark in a box you do not want to play....but then explain why

it is that sometimes the machines won't even read HEAVY marks, done over to fill in the entire box. Weird, flaky, quirky machines I'd blame it on.

OR...it could be a nice sign for you...you have the winners and that machine was spitting the cards back at you...lol, it's nice to hope.

I'm just glad you did stop and get those tickets in another state and not forget about them altogether. Good luck with them!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2011, 8:22 am - IP Logged

with these sort of prblems im suprised lotto is as popular as it is over there.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5588 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2011, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Here in Texas the only problem I have is sometimes the machine won't read the Texas 2 Step playslip. It will read all the other playslips, but I can only guess it's because of the color of the 2 Step playslip.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7295 Posts
          Posted: January 10, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Anyway to my point...

Today I stopped in Oklahoma and decided to get my regular fix of tickets for the two games I play (Mega Millions and Powerball) I have  ten sets of numbers that I play everytime, the same numbers for both games.

So I fill out the forms, I do not normally purchase in Oklahoma so I did not have them ready. I give them to the clerk and all of them go fine except for one. So they tell me that I must fill out another slip for the first group, the rest were ok. So I fill out the first set. The clerk keeps trying to run my numbers and then tells me that I need to fill out yet another slip and choose one less number, I ask her how many numbers the game plays, her responce 5.... So ten I ask her how many numbers do I have? She responds 5.... so I try to explain to her that I have to have 5 on the top... one on the bottom, I can not remove one from the top because then it will say I am one short. ..... So I fill out yet another form and this time it goes... so I go to pay and I am told I owe $16... these picks should have been $20... They did not get the 4... Those apparently were the ones te machine was not reading. Then I find out she gave the ONE ticket 2 prints and they can not cancel out the ticket.

Needless to say it was a pain and I left the store witout my other 4 picks after wasting almost an hour just trying to get something simple done. And... I purchased my other sets in the next state I came too.

There probably was a problem with the terminal scanner and that happens now and then. But if you get a nice clerk who knows what they're doing, they can look at your play slip and put in the numbers manually. When a clerk says "It's been happening all day", but keeps trying to run the card through the terminal, it's time to politely ask for it back and take it to another store. I know it's not a problem with the play slips when they easily went through other terminals and worked again after the clerk couldn't run them when I went to another store.

I went to a store and asked the clerk for $1 straight tickets on the pick-4, the clerk ran the numbers "50 cent straight/box" and acted offended when I pointed out her mistake and asked her to correct it. The next time I went to that store another clerk was behind the counter and the person in front of me was complaining about the same clerk I had a problem with. If do stop there and see that clerk behind the counter, I go somewhere else.

You don't have the luxury of knowing which store has one of those clerks working behind counter because you're just passing through. It usually happens to me when I'm pressed for time; Murphy's Law affect.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
            Denver, Co
            United States
            Member #103046
            December 29, 2010
            546 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2011, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I agree with the scanner problems...combined with an idiot clerk. As was already said, the clerk can override the scanner and input the #'s manually.

The King Soopers where I purchase has had similar problems with the scanner. One time I had voided a box and it printed the ticket anyway. Other times it wouldn't read any of the #'s. The problems got so bad at one point that clerks got used to manually entering the #'s for everyone until they were able to get the machine fixed.

But at least the clerks knew it was the machine, and were nice enough and patient enough to enter all the #'s, even when there were 35 or so sets of #'s.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8359 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2011, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Anyway to my point...

use a black magic marker to fill out your numbers on the play slip.

do not lay them on top of one another when filling them out the ink may bleed through.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                Member #103833
                January 5, 2011
                4 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2011, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I thought there was a way they could recant the ticket as well as manually put thenumbers in. Thanks for confirming those things for me.

I told my  partner it was a sign LOL... Maybe I have THE winning numbers.

I play these numbers where ever I am in the country, twice a week and have never had aproblem getting my tickets.

I hated for mor my first post to be a rant... But now that is over with I am ready to step in and enjoy this site even more.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22854 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2011, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

lol trucker! You just might be right about the sign. Don't worry about the rant part..nowhere near it. You've come to exactly the right place and

glad you're here. You will find this site is extremely enjoyable.

Good luck on your big games!

United States
                    Member #103833
                    January 5, 2011
                    4 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2011, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

lol trucker! You just might be right about the sign. Don't worry about the rant part..nowhere near it. You've come to exactly the right place and

glad you're here. You will find this site is extremely enjoyable.

Good luck on your big games!

Thank You for the welcome. This truely is a nice place to get my lotto talk fix in between drawings.

socalgal's avatar - bobblecars3
                      California
                      United States
                      Member #103560
                      January 3, 2011
                      56 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

aaww cashmeirtrucker.  Sorry to hear you had to go thru that.  It is common for machines to act up. 

There's one liquor here that I used to buy from. The machine is so picky. The bubble must be filled in completely with black ink.  Not pencil ink - black pen ink.  Even then it still won't read the slip.  If you darken the bubble some more, then you end up marking the next bubble.  I've had days when I had to fill out 2-3 slips with the same numbers, before the machine would read it.  Long story short, I don't buy tickets at that store anymore.