Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone go on lottery winners facebook pages?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103046
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2011, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

LOL, sounds like everyone here avoids facebook. I'm in good company. 

Too much stupid crap there. Then someone sends you a link or asks you something stupid or to play some dumb game and you're tossed up between feeling obligated to reply and not wanting to reply. Then I get an email from facebook telling me about all the people I haven't replied that I should reply to but whom I don't want to reply to.

Just leave me alone, I'm filling out playslips.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2011, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I agree with those here who would not touch Facebook.

Posting a jackpot win would be crazy.....even without Facebook winners get buzzed incessantly.

And <PUT ON TIN HAT> let's just say there is a "Shadow government" (and Joker17 is a top agent). They wouldn't have to put any effort into compiling a dossier on people on FB, those people have already handedd their dossier to them!

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
      Texas
      United States
      Member #92330
      June 5, 2010
      887 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

ahh now see... i like facebook. (please dont hang me!) lol

BUT i have my security settings so high you cant find me (even if you have my name or email address) basically, i have to find YOU. :)

When i win, MANY MANY of the 'friends' I have on there will be deleted.

and i would delete them before i claimed. LOL

i might have 2 left when all is said and done. ok, 3. my dad, my daughter, and my hubby. LOL

Same here, I have it so nobody can search for me and my picture isn't me (just a funny avatar type picture such as we have here) so if I ever win it won't really be a problem.

And for those who do have me as a friend on there, they either won't know because of how I'll collect or I won't have to worry about them because they're all really good friends (I don't add people I barely know).

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
        Member #32537
        February 12, 2006
        698 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2011, 2:28 am - IP Logged

for looking up lotto winners, rofl, i hate to have to "turn down 1000+ friend requests, and god only knows how many pm's, poor beeps

whoever are these laywers giving tips to large winners

, their doing a wickedly bad job at giving their cilents Great options as of late,then again, these people i bet never had to think of large jackpot claiming, all they care about is their cutRed Devil

or are all the cilents just being retarded,thinking like cave man: 

me don't understand this trust ,legal entity carpWhat?

, me just claim my self, i just won't do much public appearing so it be alrightIdea

then reality sets in, their large winners, and a lot of people are beggers,scamers,liers, who are trying to get to you, they  snail mail you, and god forbid they get a email,facebook account, kiss that email,facebook as now spammed  for all kinds of begging etc Bang Head

i almust feel sorry for the poor snaps who have to giveup their online lifes cease they think can deal with only a "few" requests to befriend/talk to youROFL

welcome to 2011 lottery winners, your online life is out their

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          699 Posts
          Posted: January 15, 2011, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I stay off of Facebook too.  I did create an account using an assumed name so I could check it out and it didn't look like anything I was interested in.  In addition, there are people there I don't want to run into, another reason to stay away.  I've never tried to find a big winner's page.  If that winner is smart, they'll either lock it down if it isn't already, or better yet, delete it.

On a nicer note, the Louisiana Lottery has a Facebook page.  Do any of the other lotteries have Facebook pages?

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #104853
            January 21, 2011
            159 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I closed my Facebook account last year.  It helps in case I do win and have to go public.  I'm already a very private person with very few friends and a small extended family.  Hopefully this gives me the advantage of not having so many people approach me for money because I'm what  you would call a shut-in.

United States
              Member #104970
              January 23, 2011
              24 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2011, 7:09 am - IP Logged

As if winning the lottery doesn't bring you enough fame as it is, do you ever go on winners facebook pages?? I just saw Jim and Carolyn McCullar (winner of mega millions) and was just wondering if anyone else sometimes does this... I hope im not considered a stalker LOL.

what would be the point? You have no idea if the facebook account is owned by the person you're looking for. Anyone can start a facebook account under any name they want. It's not like facebook takes the time to verify anything. Your new rich lotto winner "friend" might actually be a 12 year old living in his mom's basement just looking for laughs.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3693 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2011, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I think Facebook is really for the younger generation.  My college aged kids have had a lot of fun with it, although I have noticed that one of my children (who just graduated from college) has been making fewer posting's on it. My kids have had their pages locked down pretty well, and after witnessing a few very embarassing fiasco's that have haunted their friends, they're very careful with it. My family and I used it mainly to keep in touch, but periodically I go thru it and "de-friend" people.  I dont keep very many permanent friends, but had I not de-friended people, I'd have far too many.  I dont understand why people think I want to be friends on Facebook.  If I didnt like you in the 5th grade, what the hell makes you think I want to be your friend now?? 

Do you know who else is very big on using Facebook?  Your local Police Department, that's who!  Many people just love to brag on Facebook about the illegal adventures they've been up to, where they are, and where they're going, and who they did what with.  The cops easily nab them, and use their postings as evidence in court against them.  Recently, a young lady in a town near where I live, stole an expensive  leather saddle ($2,000) from a tack shop she was employed by.  She blabbed all about it on Facebook, she even said she had it listed for sale on e-Bay! So the prosecutor plans to submit the FB page, and the e-Bay listing as evidence at her trial.  If she has one, that is.  My guess is she'll have to try to plead guilty to a lesser charge than the one count of felony grand larceny that's been lodged against her.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!