Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Big Winners that are regulars here?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
WA
United States
Member #104140
January 10, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2011, 11:33 am - IP Logged

HI, just a point of curiousity...being new here I have been searching to see if there are any big game winners (any of the games:  Lotto (old) Quinto, Mega, Powerball?  Hit 5, pick 4, daily (not sure what a big win would be on daily)? 

if there are...do they drop out of here afterwards?

Love hearing good stories about successes with the lottery games...it keeps me motivated...

Big Smile 

K

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

If you're a "BIG" winner wouldn't you be sailing around the Caribeano in your luxury yacht? I doubt you'd be hanging around on the internet,lol.

socalgal's avatar - bobblecars3
      California
      United States
      Member #103560
      January 3, 2011
      56 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Good question, but I agree with lottolaughs.  I'd be going thru my bucket list and traveling the world. Sun Smiley

WA
        United States
        Member #104140
        January 10, 2011
        22 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

guess I have to agree...what amazes me is those who have won the BIG ONE...I mean HUGE...generally keep playing (that is a guess on my part) personally after all this work of crunching numbers and time spent...if I won...I would be DONE...

and I certainly wouldnt keep workin' my job...that always gets me...

people win, keep working the same old job...

I have even heard of people quitting work...then after a year going back...I sure HOPE that is NOT me...

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #99032
          October 18, 2010
          1439 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2011, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

So.... IF you won, you'd pretty much stop doing productive things?  I lot of people aren't like that.

I'm sure someone here has hit for a few thousand, but I doubt any really huge winners are regulars here.  I "almost" won 5+0 on Mega millions, but didn't wait on the line because it got really long.  Wouldn't you know it, my exact numbers came up (didn't really have a Megaball picked, but still.)  Had I won 250,000.... I think I'd probably still play especially because I'd be giving a lot of that money to my parents.

Delaware
            United States
            Member #93503
            July 1, 2010
            453 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2011, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

So.... IF you won, you'd pretty much stop doing productive things?  I lot of people aren't like that.

I'm sure someone here has hit for a few thousand, but I doubt any really huge winners are regulars here.  I "almost" won 5+0 on Mega millions, but didn't wait on the line because it got really long.  Wouldn't you know it, my exact numbers came up (didn't really have a Megaball picked, but still.)  Had I won 250,000.... I think I'd probably still play especially because I'd be giving a lot of that money to my parents.

Yeah, I agree, and sucks for the $250,000 miss but that's how it goes. Anyway, there's quite a few people around here who have hit the pick 3 quite a bit and maybe even the pick 4, but i don't think any jackpot winners.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
              Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2011, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

"So.... IF you won, you'd pretty much stop doing productive things?  I lot of people aren't like that." -Boney526

If I won enough to be financially independent, I definitely would quit work and remove that stress from my life.

But quitting a job doesn't automatically mean one is no longer productive. Work isn't the only way to be productive. If I quit my job (which I would), that means someone with no job can now have a job. Second, I would volunteer my time (and money) toward a particular need in society. Perhaps working at a rescue mission or soup kitchen, helping orphans or poor children, working with fellow veterans, or something like that. In fact, by quitting work and doing something like that, I feel I would be even more productive. 

So just because one quits work doesn't necessarily mean they stopped doing productive things.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103046
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2011, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Back to the subject, if all the big winners are no longer here, are there any regular winners? Those who are consistently successful in picking #'s to the extent that even if they haven't won the big one, they at least have regular winnings and are perhaps even profitable?

WA
                  United States
                  Member #104140
                  January 10, 2011
                  22 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

wow the irony of that...and to be that close...course I have sold stocks that I barely made 3k at 7 dollars per share only to have it go up in a year and half to 30 plus dollars and I had like 4000 shares and I coulda made a mint if I had just held out...so it is the same kind of thing...that is why I started real recently picking my own numbers cuz quick pics...got nothin' and I have been doing that for years (not a lot of money - but did 50 dollars that last mega... and blew the whole thing and didn't even win a dollar)

Then I found this site...some if not most of y'all are brilliant!  it is intriguing to read all the theories...

I didn't say I wouldn't be productive...I just wouldn't be productive "there" at work.  I would call in "Rich" and take the day off to go down to Olympia and make sure...I really won the thing, like check in hand kind of stuff, before dumping the job...and getting my husband the car of his dreams...and we could get a sailboat and play all day...you can tell I have never had any extended time off work in the 30+ years I have been workin'...

but I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many hobbies...like gardening and home remodeling projects...the list goes on...

WA
                    United States
                    Member #104140
                    January 10, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2011, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Back to the subject, if all the big winners are no longer here, are there any regular winners? Those who are consistently successful in picking #'s to the extent that even if they haven't won the big one, they at least have regular winnings and are perhaps even profitable?

Yeah... that is what i would like to hear too.  I mean 1000.00 is a really good win (to me anyway).  50k now that is awesome.  250k...now we're talking. And the 4+ MM the washington lotto is at...I spent all morning crunching numbers...gonna play my $2 Stretch

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8364 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

If i win the lottery for 50 grand or more the last thing i would do is advertise it on the Internet. Unless the lottery makes me stand behind the cardboard check.

I'd have enough trouble peeling people off my back for handouts in my own family and neighborhood.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40609 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

no not yet, but January 19 could be my lucky day.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
                          usa
                          United States
                          Member #89197
                          April 2, 2010
                          2817 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2011, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I know alot of big wieners on here..

socalgal's avatar - bobblecars3
                            California
                            United States
                            Member #103560
                            January 3, 2011
                            56 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2011, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

guess I have to agree...what amazes me is those who have won the BIG ONE...I mean HUGE...generally keep playing (that is a guess on my part) personally after all this work of crunching numbers and time spent...if I won...I would be DONE...

and I certainly wouldnt keep workin' my job...that always gets me...

people win, keep working the same old job...

I have even heard of people quitting work...then after a year going back...I sure HOPE that is NOT me...

I think people who keep working after winning are either bored or they love their job.  Before winning, there was a reason why they had to work - pay bills, support family, etc.  Even if they love their job and career, there was still that stress.  Now that they're financially secured, that stress is gone.  So they can keep doing what they love.

Personally, I love my career.  I'd like to keep doing it in some capacity, maybe teach or volunteer, and mentor others who want to follow the same career path.  But I don't want to work for a corporation again or any type of boss.

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                              chicago ill.
                              United States
                              Member #3600
                              February 4, 2004
                              337 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2011, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

If i win the lottery for 50 grand or more the last thing i would do is advertise it on the Internet. Unless the lottery makes me stand behind the cardboard check.

I'd have enough trouble peeling people off my back for handouts in my own family and neighborhood.

I hear ya brother but I gotta say  "those cardboard checks arn't big enough".