Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Turn a Lottery Post loser into a Powerball Winner

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ACPutz.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #79057
August 26, 2009
70 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2011, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Alright, this may seem off the wall but I've got a thought on how to turn at least one Lottery Post member into a Powerball winner.

If you're like me, the one thing you can guarantee each powerball drawing is that you're going to lose - the odds are 1 in 195 million against a win.  So why not turn that skill of picking crappy numbers to an advantage.

So here's my thought - Lottery Post has 105,138 members.  If everyone were to pick 10 combinations that they felt would lose that would give you 1,051,138 bad combinations (of course there'd be matching combos, and not everyone would participate -  but I'm just sketching the broad strokes here).

Now deleting one million out of the 195 million plus combinations isn't much.  So you'd have to target a specific kind of drawing. 

So I would say most draws don't have more than 2 sets (if that) of adjacent numbers (ex. 34,35) and seldom three in a row (18,19,20).  So you count out any combinations remaining that have too many adjacent sets or three in a row.  But that still leaves you with a lot of combinations so everyone agrees to play one Key number (something 1-9) and now you've really dropped your odds.

If my math is correct:

(59*58*56*52*1)/120 * 39 powerballs  = 3,238,580 combinations

Take those remaining 3 million plus combinations and divide them by the 105,138 members and everyone gets 3 distinct combos.  Provided everyone has initially chosen 10 losing combinations, the key number comes in and the adjacent number rule is followed - there's a good chance someone at Lottery Post cashes in a winning ticket.

Of course you'd also need a big excel program to factor out all the bad combos and combinations that didn't comply to the rules.  And you'd also need a way of getting the different good combinations divided up among the group. But hey, I'm a big picture type of guy... someone else can figure that out.

Anyway, this was just a thought I had.  I realize how logistically hard it would be to accomplish.  I also know how my math could be off.  So please don't start referring to me as AC-Pumpi.  Just thought I'd toss this out there for conversations. 

Of course if anyone follows through on this and someone does win, please don't forget to take care of the mastermind! LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2011, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Alright, this may seem off the wall but I've got a thought on how to turn at least one Lottery Post member into a Powerball winner.  Of course you'd also need a big excel program....But hey, I'm a big picture type of guy... someone else can figure that out.....Of course if anyone follows through on this and someone does win, please don't forget to take care of the mastermind! LOL

Such a clear and well defined strategy for winning a PB jackpot, aren't you afraid some one will use it and not compensate you? LOL

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

u can put me down for 1 2 3 4 5 6  - 10 11 12 13 14 15

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2011, 3:12 am - IP Logged

Why don't you just save yourself some aggravation and just eliminate entire lots of numbers?

Seems most of the time a number from 1 to 10 is not picked, other times it's 50 thru 59, sometimes 40 thru 49, just take a shot in the dark and ignore certain number pools.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: January 30, 2011, 3:13 am - IP Logged

RJ: I see nothing has changed much here.... LOL

United States
            Member #79057
            August 26, 2009
            70 Posts
            Posted: January 30, 2011, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel anyone really got the meaning of this post - obviously by eliminating numbers or groups of numbers - you narrow down your pool - increasing your odds of trapping the right number when it falls within the restraints. While at the same time assuring you won't hit when it fails to fall within the restraints.

But the real point was to examine how it's possible to decrease the number playable combinations, while also increasing the odds someone from a "group" would hit the right number. 

It was just a concept that I thought someone else might brainstorm off of and take someplace different.  Perhaps come up with a playable philosophy for a group. 

I don't mean to sound pissy, but someone posts a three digit number - all states for the next 7 days - and then it comes out once - boxed in Alaska and the poster is considered miraculous. 

I post something that requires a bit of thought and my responses are puzzling at best - particularly the what reads as a smug "seems like things don't change."  If I've interpreted that wrong than I apologize, but it certainly doesn't read well.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

"I don't mean to sound pissy, but someone posts a three digit number -all states for the next 7 days - and then it comes out once - boxed inAlaska and the poster is considered miraculous. "

LOL

I agree with you on that statement right there. I still dont get why people post in the pick3 threads with like 50 picks and they get a box and think they did a "great job" picking #'s? Still puzzle sme to this day.

Seriously, the odds on a box on a 3way is 1 in 333...If someone plays 50 picks that = 333/50 = 1 in 6.66 chance of hitting. When they say (for example) "good for 5 states" that means 6.66/5 basically a gauranteed hit....

I think the real congrats goes to people who post a few #s and get a hit. Not when they post up 50+ #'s and think they are special.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2011, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

RJ: I see nothing has changed much here.... LOL

Just some of the names, a few new ones and some old ones gave up and stopped posting.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2011, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel anyone really got the meaning of this post - obviously by eliminating numbers or groups of numbers - you narrow down your pool - increasing your odds of trapping the right number when it falls within the restraints. While at the same time assuring you won't hit when it fails to fall within the restraints.

But the real point was to examine how it's possible to decrease the number playable combinations, while also increasing the odds someone from a "group" would hit the right number. 

It was just a concept that I thought someone else might brainstorm off of and take someplace different.  Perhaps come up with a playable philosophy for a group. 

I don't mean to sound pissy, but someone posts a three digit number - all states for the next 7 days - and then it comes out once - boxed in Alaska and the poster is considered miraculous. 

I post something that requires a bit of thought and my responses are puzzling at best - particularly the what reads as a smug "seems like things don't change."  If I've interpreted that wrong than I apologize, but it certainly doesn't read well.

I don't feel anyone really got the meaning of this post

What did you expect?  Nobody is any smarter after reading it than they were before reading it.

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2011, 8:52 am - IP Logged

hey i volunteered some numbers i would seriously not play and if i got as a quick pick id demand a refund!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                      Member #79057
                      August 26, 2009
                      70 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2011, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Well now we have something to agree on.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                        Member #93164
                        June 23, 2010
                        1325 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2011, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

How did this happen?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2011, 9:27 am - IP Logged

[S]omeone posts a three digit number - all states for the next 7 days - and then it comes out once - boxed in Alaska and the poster is considered miraculous.

JP and P5 players are a tougher crowd to please than P3ers. LOL

Many JP & P5 gamers have long experience starting out with hundreds of thousands or millions of combos and easily eliminating 95% or more of the losing combos. Getting that last 5% down to something affordable to play while still trapping the big prize is a whole. other. level. of challenge.

Unless an idea might carve down that last 5% of combos, you're not gonna get much "attaboy" for your thoughts. Sleep Sleep Sleep

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #93503
                            July 1, 2010
                            453 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2011, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure any straight combo wouldn't come up. Ex. 1-2-3-4-5-6 6-7-8-9-10-11, etc etc. but EVERYONE knows that. now if you could somehow take the data of all the powerball drawings in the past and also eliminate those combinations you'd be down to still a lot of combo's left but a slightly better chance at winning.

United States
                              Member #79057
                              August 26, 2009
                              70 Posts
                              Posted: February 10, 2011, 11:20 am - IP Logged

[S]omeone posts a three digit number - all states for the next 7 days - and then it comes out once - boxed in Alaska and the poster is considered miraculous.

JP and P5 players are a tougher crowd to please than P3ers. LOL

Many JP & P5 gamers have long experience starting out with hundreds of thousands or millions of combos and easily eliminating 95% or more of the losing combos. Getting that last 5% down to something affordable to play while still trapping the big prize is a whole. other. level. of challenge.

Unless an idea might carve down that last 5% of combos, you're not gonna get much "attaboy" for your thoughts. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Well I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one unimpressed with the miraculous P3 predictions - but honestly I wasn't looking for an "attaboy" - just a response that showed someone connected with what I was putting out there.  Instead some of the responses just seemed negative or as if they didn't really read the initial post.

I don't think every post has to make you "smarter" - sometimes a diffrent view will lead to other views - and maybe the one that reduces those 5% of picks to something playable is the goal. 

Not you time*treat, but I thought the tone of some of the replies bordered on ignorant.