Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the Kindness of clerks

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Pittsburg, Ks
United States
Member #3382
January 17, 2004
80720 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2011, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I went into one of out  local grocery stores to play my numbers that I had a friend at work fill out for me. I had 3 combos but left the other playslip in the car  which id dn't remember to get. She asked be to fill out another play slip I told her I couldn't see the playslip that was why I gave her the numbers on a piece of paper. She said she would fill it out since there were no playslips  where they keep the playslips. That is why I like going to that store. some of the clerks don't seem to mind  helping you and you can choose your own numbers without a playslip. That helps me a lot 

God Bless America

US Flag

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40340 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2011, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

GREAT STORY WHEELER, I have a clerk I like, she always treats everyone like they the most important customer.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

SOLO1's avatar - Myselfy

United States
      Member #86280
      February 1, 2010
      918 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2011, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Enjoy the Kindness of clerks while you can .

Here in the East ....

There are big chain gas stations in which I had most bad experiences it happened at QTs and Race tracs.

I always put a big smile when I walk in to this public places first because you want to be treated the same way right? and second because you want to look good in the cameras right?  but noooo......

At Quick trips gas stations most of the times the clerks get confuse when I handed them the playlips they either charge you for all the tickets and leave some already printed tickets behind on the machine or they won't play them all and I have to check every ticket to see which one is printed or not.

This might be because this guys are doing several things at the same time or they want you give you lousy service cause your not buying anything except lottery and they know their manager wants to sell the overpriced goodies not lottery but it happened several times already so I'm done with this places really at Race trcs too.

Last time I was at a Race trac gas station I was  excited to cash in couple of box tickets 80.00 each I ask kindly to cash in at least one because I know they are there to take your money not give it back!! so they don't keep too much at hand for safety reasons I guess

But my argument is the the first look at this guys face was WTF do you want your not buying anything?....."no sorry we don't have any cash at this time"

Right in the middle of the Day? there was a lot of foot traffic at the store what the hell

So my recomendation is never play lottery at these places or cash in tickets or is it just me....

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        80720 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2011, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Enjoy the Kindness of clerks while you can .

Here in the East ....

There are big chain gas stations in which I had most bad experiences it happened at QTs and Race tracs.

I always put a big smile when I walk in to this public places first because you want to be treated the same way right? and second because you want to look good in the cameras right?  but noooo......

At Quick trips gas stations most of the times the clerks get confuse when I handed them the playlips they either charge you for all the tickets and leave some already printed tickets behind on the machine or they won't play them all and I have to check every ticket to see which one is printed or not.

This might be because this guys are doing several things at the same time or they want you give you lousy service cause your not buying anything except lottery and they know their manager wants to sell the overpriced goodies not lottery but it happened several times already so I'm done with this places really at Race trcs too.

Last time I was at a Race trac gas station I was  excited to cash in couple of box tickets 80.00 each I ask kindly to cash in at least one because I know they are there to take your money not give it back!! so they don't keep too much at hand for safety reasons I guess

But my argument is the the first look at this guys face was WTF do you want your not buying anything?....."no sorry we don't have any cash at this time"

Right in the middle of the Day? there was a lot of foot traffic at the store what the hell

So my recomendation is never play lottery at these places or cash in tickets or is it just me....

I also have gone thru some B A clerks but the grocery store I go to now the clerk let you pick you own numbers without the playslips. When I was able to afford it I would get 20 QPs. some of the convient store clerks didn't know how to do 20 and at other convient stores they knew what they were doing. I am sticking with the grocery store. I wwent to the same grocery store today to buy my Pick 3 tickets i wanted to use the 1-up/1-down  system for Kansas 761 but I got tongue -tied and my numbers wer 720 and 862. I bought hoping to cash in on the mistake we both made

God Bless America

US Flag

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5115 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2011, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I went into one of out  local grocery stores to play my numbers that I had a friend at work fill out for me. I had 3 combos but left the other playslip in the car  which id dn't remember to get. She asked be to fill out another play slip I told her I couldn't see the playslip that was why I gave her the numbers on a piece of paper. She said she would fill it out since there were no playslips  where they keep the playslips. That is why I like going to that store. some of the clerks don't seem to mind  helping you and you can choose your own numbers without a playslip. That helps me a lot 

but, most clerk's don't have a CLUE bout D ??? Lottery???

PSYKO still has his GPS system in my "HOT" wheels, but

when i get on a jag driving all over town in different cities

2 buy my NUMBER'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

U meat them>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

part of the  licence to sell lotto is keep cash in hand to pay out the smaller winnings,  report em to lotto copmission and complain bitterly, i dunno about there but here its $500 they have to have on hand for small payouts.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Delaware
              United States
              Member #93503
              July 1, 2010
              453 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I buy my tickets only from this Deli where I also most of the time buy food (they make good food lol) and the clerk is nice and honestly, he hates the playslips but anyway, i played once from a grocery store and the dude was mean as anything and didn't even say a word seemed like he hated life lol.

glenny's avatar - peace
                kentucky
                United States
                Member #3550
                January 30, 2004
                14 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2011, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

the small town station is very nice where i go in ky.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19819 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2011, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I buy my tickets only from this Deli where I also most of the time buy food (they make good food lol) and the clerk is nice and honestly, he hates the playslips but anyway, i played once from a grocery store and the dude was mean as anything and didn't even say a word seemed like he hated life lol.

Some times when clerk try to be friendly, they would be better off not saying anything.  For example when one says "I noticed you spend a lot on lottery tickets, do you ever win anything?" or like last night when a clerk asked "Did you come out in this bad weather just to pick up a couple of lottery tickets?"  I prefer a clerk you just takes my money, run my play slips and maybe say "Good luck" as I leave.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #48725
                    January 7, 2007
                    1953 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2011, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Some times when clerk try to be friendly, they would be better off not saying anything.  For example when one says "I noticed you spend a lot on lottery tickets, do you ever win anything?" or like last night when a clerk asked "Did you come out in this bad weather just to pick up a couple of lottery tickets?"  I prefer a clerk you just takes my money, run my play slips and maybe say "Good luck" as I leave.

Yeah. I just want to go in, get what I need, and leave. I don't care about small talking with store clerks.

Gonna win.Big Smile