Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Beating myself over the head...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ameriken.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103046
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Today I am beating myself over the head. Bash

Seriously. With megamillions, the past few weeks I have been playing the numbers 1 12 22 23 26  + 31. I'll play another set and mix in 4 and 52.

Last night for some reason, I decided to play a totally different set of numbers. I figured, what the heck, I never win anything off those numbers anyway.

Today, I am kicking myself after reading the winning numbers. That little decision cost me $600.

Have you ever done something like this?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40299 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2011, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

all the time, I get impatient with my numbers and give them up to easy. lesson learned.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2011, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Seriously. With megamillions, the past few weeks I have been playing the numbers 1 12 22 23 26  + 31. I'll play another set and mix in 4 and 52.

Last night for some reason, I decided to play a totally different set of numbers. I figured, what the heck, I never win anything off those numbers anyway.

Today, I am kicking myself after reading the winning numbers. That little decision cost me $600.

Nothing to beat yourself up over. The numbers probably would have been different had you played the numbers.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49642 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2011, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

If it bothers you that much: Maybe you should stop the beating: Before you give yourself brain damage: Then go see a counselor that specializes in traumas such as the one you experienced.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2011, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2011, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

This last Mega Millions set of numbers was weird for me as well.

Only hit 2 numbers, but increment 1 ball, decrement a 2nd ball, take away a digit from a 3rd ball and the Mega ball, and BAM! My numbers!

So close but yet so far...

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
              Member #93164
              June 23, 2010
              1316 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2011, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

That's a bad call you made right there. You should've played this draw.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2011, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

dont kick yourself too hard , after all it could have been 5+pb then you get to kick yourself,ea time you feell like beating yaself up repeat

" at least it wasnt the jackpot. "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                  The Ville, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95879
                  August 19, 2010
                  1708 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2011, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

This happend to me before as well. On Fantasy 5 in Florida. I played the same #s for several months and decided to take a week off. While the wife and I were grocery shopping I stopped by the lotto desk to get a print out of the winning #s from the night before. Ill never forget that feeling. My exact 5 #s had been drawn which comprised of me & my wifes Bday's plus my wife's lucky #34.

You live and you learn. Pick a new set of #s and stick with it.

What I personally do is pick 1 set of #s for all the jackpot games and play those for each drawing.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                    The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2011, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

That's a bad call you made right there. You should've played this draw.

Way to go, just rub it inBig Smile

CA
                      United States
                      Member #84266
                      December 26, 2009
                      410 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2011, 5:55 am - IP Logged

That is one reason why I'm not attached to any sets of numbers and play quick picks. lol

The day that you stop playing your numbers is the day that the numbers will hit.

megamanX's avatar - mega man_x_sprite-9629.jpg
                        Pocatello, Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #105619
                        February 3, 2011
                        59 Posts
                        Posted: February 6, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

hope you have health insurance. you're going to end up concussed

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: February 6, 2011, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

If you did a workout to get those numbers, at least you know you're on to something.

Don't quit at the one-yard line. Do another workout and stick with it; I regularly read about people winning a jackpot after playing the same set of numbers for years. Evil Smile

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                            Denver, Co
                            United States
                            Member #103046
                            December 29, 2010
                            546 Posts
                            Posted: February 7, 2011, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

If you did a workout to get those numbers, at least you know you're on to something.

Don't quit at the one-yard line. Do another workout and stick with it; I regularly read about people winning a jackpot after playing the same set of numbers for years. Evil Smile

I didn't do a workout, but they're numbers I've picked a while ago and I just continued to play them. I do believe there should be at least one or two sets of numbers that you play all the time. With the exception of that one night, I did play them quite frequently and still do.