Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When do you change your numbers and why?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 6 years ago by mjhtan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #104653
January 18, 2011
7 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2011, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Last night i had two of my numbers hit. im seriously thinking of changing at least one. The chances of them both hitting again soon are pretty low . That got me to thinking. At what point do you guys change your numbers and why? 3? 4? never?

thanks!

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
    Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103046
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I had two lines that I have been playing for all the games. The other night I tried 2 completely different numbers on the mega millions draw.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that 3 of the 5 of my original numbers plus my powerball number came up. Because I didn't play my regular numbers on that one night, I lost out on $600.

Other than that, I'm using a new system (Expert Lotto) and it is likely to produce new predictions for each draw, my numbers are always changing. However, I learned my lesson and regardless of what numbers I predict for that night, I will always continue to play my original two sets of numbers because you never know...

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2011, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Last night i had two of my numbers hit. im seriously thinking of changing at least one. The chances of them both hitting again soon are pretty low . That got me to thinking. At what point do you guys change your numbers and why? 3? 4? never?

thanks!

I have a favorite set of numbers, and get 2 numbers hit all the time, but rarely anything higher.

This is both on the favorite set as well as quick picks. In CA Fantasy 5, all it wins is a free replay.($1) Doesn't phase me at all, would not change for just 2 hits. But 3 would make me think twice, 4 would really make me squirm, but I haven't hit 4 yet to test my mettle. 5 for sure! ;)

I also have some other rotating sets that I put back every once in a while, and the list is getting longer, as I would feel pretty bad if one of them hit when I didn't place it, but I guess that's a pretty common occupational hazard.

Monkey Butt, USA
        United States
        Member #54569
        August 23, 2007
        1124 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2011, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

thanks!

On pick 5 that has a drawing 6 or 7 times a week I will play the combinations for the whole week.

On pick 6 Lottery I will play the combinations for the week to see what happens.

Sometimes I will play the pick 6 combinations for the month, it depends on the method I used to select my numbers and if any of those numbers hit.

United States
          Member #104653
          January 18, 2011
          7 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2011, 1:33 am - IP Logged

I actually bought a week worth of tickets with the same numbers, so I don't really have a choice. We will see how it goes.

Anyone else have opinions on how they work it?

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
            Whiskey Island
            United States
            Member #90216
            April 24, 2010
            12808 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2011, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I only play my set/sets for pick 5 for 3 draws. After 3 Draws the sets go cold plus I have more coverage from previous workouts that may still be in play from their game worksheet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2011, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I pick a new set of numbers every time I play, so far the worst I've done by not sticking with a set for a couple of plays is missing a macth4 but that seldom happens.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Artemis's avatar - Alice
                New England
                United States
                Member #100508
                November 13, 2010
                96 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2011, 4:20 am - IP Logged

I've been playing the same sets of numbers for a LONG time now. I play the same set for PB, MM, MegaBucks, Mass Cash, and Wild money.

Yes, it seems like a lot, but I think of it this way - if these numbers ever hit, then I will win!  Yes Nod

Good Luck!

United States
                  Member #104653
                  January 18, 2011
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2011, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow will be my 5th day with the same numbers. Tonight only one of my numbers hit, so far just a total of 2 of 5 numbers hit on the second draw this week.

Thinking if I don't hit any tomorrow, I might play them another five days. I hear so many people say to change your numbers, but I hear just as many other people say ride it out.  Unfortunately I'm using a 7 number full wheel, and it costs 21 bucks every draw.

I guess thats why its a lottery, no one really knows what the best way to play is, other then buy more tickets!

Any other people want to chime in with their experiences?