Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

question about using SAS

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Raleigh, NC
United States
Member #106044
February 11, 2011
3 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

i'm new to this site so please forgive me if i posted this question in the wrong forum.

some friends of mine have started using SAS to analyze lottery results.  they claim to have found a way to eliminate numbers from selection by finding what they call are nopicks.  my question is does this make sense?  i know there are systems that can be used to select numbers but does it make sense to eliminate numbers.  i'm also skeptical of their methodology.  they say that they are using something called runs theory. i think that you can see what they're doing by searching for "sas lottery nopicks" but i'm not sure all search engines have it.

i like pick 5 games.  i know that there must be some systems that work.  there's a guy near the VA border who has won the cash 5 top prize more than once recently.  i'm looking for advice on what works and what doesn't.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5761 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2011, 8:33 am - IP Logged

First of all, welcome to LP. Lots of info here to read.

I don't know what SAS is or means, but there are some posts in other forums about number elimination. you can find them by using the search function at the top of the page. Personally, I have not tried number elimination to pick my numbers, although technically when one picks numbers to play, they are rejecting other numbers.......

Good luck and again welcome.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

i'm new to this site so please forgive me if i posted this question in the wrong forum.

some friends of mine have started using SAS to analyze lottery results.  they claim to have found a way to eliminate numbers from selection by finding what they call are nopicks.  my question is does this make sense?  i know there are systems that can be used to select numbers but does it make sense to eliminate numbers.  i'm also skeptical of their methodology.  they say that they are using something called runs theory. i think that you can see what they're doing by searching for "sas lottery nopicks" but i'm not sure all search engines have it.

i like pick 5 games.  i know that there must be some systems that work.  there's a guy near the VA border who has won the cash 5 top prize more than once recently.  i'm looking for advice on what works and what doesn't.

I assume SAS stands for Statistical Analysis Software.  If you have friends who are using such software to pick their numbers then they would be your best source to ask how well it works.   I've seen a few posts about this in the past and concluded that such software doesn't do well with the random outcomes of lotteries.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2011, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

SAS isn't necessary.  The simple, surefire way to ensure a jackpot win is to convince the lottery in question to remove all the balls from the machine which are NOT on your ticket before they start the spin! Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2011, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

SAS isn't necessary.  The simple, surefire way to ensure a jackpot win is to convince the lottery in question to remove all the balls from the machine which are NOT on your ticket before they start the spin! Smile

Since that's not likely, that suggestion is more worthless than playing all the possible combinations which was tried successfully a few years ago with the Virginia lottery.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking