Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reading forums on LP Mobile = difficult

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #61514
May 25, 2008
67 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Love that I can read LP on my cell, thanks for making that possible.  Having said that....

Would it be possible to start with the first post instead of the last post in a topic or add a link to it?

Reading a topic backwards, clicking through previous posts just to get to the start, is pretty tortuous.  Especially when there are a lot of posts and it's an unread topic.

I was trying to read a topic in the News forum yesterday and I had to click through all the comments before I could even read the first post with the story.  Actually, I never did make it to the first post.  Maybe it's my phone (Samsung Gravity 3) or service (T-Mobile) or browser (web2go) --- or a combo of the three --- but it took so long to click through 8 posts, and I still wasn't halfway to the first post, that I just gave up.

Already regretting delurking...

Ohio
    United States
    Member #106208
    February 14, 2011
    41 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2011, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Love that I can read LP on my cell, thanks for making that possible.  Having said that....

Would it be possible to start with the first post instead of the last post in a topic or add a link to it?

Reading a topic backwards, clicking through previous posts just to get to the start, is pretty tortuous.  Especially when there are a lot of posts and it's an unread topic.

I was trying to read a topic in the News forum yesterday and I had to click through all the comments before I could even read the first post with the story.  Actually, I never did make it to the first post.  Maybe it's my phone (Samsung Gravity 3) or service (T-Mobile) or browser (web2go) --- or a combo of the three --- but it took so long to click through 8 posts, and I still wasn't halfway to the first post, that I just gave up.

90% of the time i view LP on my android device, i dont use the mobile version because you cant post/use premium features. However using the normal version on my device is difficult. I would, as well love to see a mobile version with slightly higher functionality (the quality or state of being functional; especially: the set of functions or capabilities associated with computer software or hardware or an electronic device). Lover

JP Wins 2011: $3.00(1) Ten-OH, $7.00(1) PowerBall, $70.00(1)/$2.00(7) OH Classic;

Scratch Wins 2011: $25.00(1)/$20.00(3) 100K A Year for Life, $5.00(1)/$1.00(8)/$2.00(6)/ENTRY(3) Cash Explosion, $8.00(3)/$2.00(7) Double Doubler; 

"You Can't Win If You Don't Play" ** But don't expect to win just because you play.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2011, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I understand both views and agree with both of you.  However, it is simply a function of time and the ability to find enough of it to do those kinds of things.  Mobile sites are not simple to build, and in fact can sometimes be more challenging to build that a regular web site, due to the fact that mobile devices are so different from each other.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!