Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Changed My Life Marathon

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Fla386.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3460 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2011, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

TLC is doing another marathon of The Lottery Changed My Life starting at 3pm until the middle of the night. Great episodes for the people who have not seen it before.

Guess Who's Back?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42118 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2011, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for letting us know.Hyper

HyperBe Happy.

Ohio
      United States
      Member #106208
      February 14, 2011
      41 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

thanks for letting us know

ive never watched it

JP Wins 2011: $3.00(1) Ten-OH, $7.00(1) PowerBall, $70.00(1)/$2.00(7) OH Classic;

Scratch Wins 2011: $25.00(1)/$20.00(3) 100K A Year for Life, $5.00(1)/$1.00(8)/$2.00(6)/ENTRY(3) Cash Explosion, $8.00(3)/$2.00(7) Double Doubler; 

"You Can't Win If You Don't Play" ** But don't expect to win just because you play.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2680 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for letting us know.Hyper

+1

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2011, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up Win........

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            42118 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2011, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I like the episode where the 2 brother in laws opened a cigar shop and now they sell lottery tickets.

HyperBe Happy.

Ohio
              United States
              Member #106208
              February 14, 2011
              41 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2011, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I like the episode where the 2 brother in laws opened a cigar shop and now they sell lottery tickets.

thats awsome that they sell lottery tickets

i feel bad for the country family. the kids are home schooled now. atleast they have 4 wheelers...

JP Wins 2011: $3.00(1) Ten-OH, $7.00(1) PowerBall, $70.00(1)/$2.00(7) OH Classic;

Scratch Wins 2011: $25.00(1)/$20.00(3) 100K A Year for Life, $5.00(1)/$1.00(8)/$2.00(6)/ENTRY(3) Cash Explosion, $8.00(3)/$2.00(7) Double Doubler; 

"You Can't Win If You Don't Play" ** But don't expect to win just because you play.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                919 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2011, 9:46 am - IP Logged

My wife would have a heart attack if she saw me watching this series on TLC.  She thinks the lottery is evil.  But she would have no problem with me watching corny Hannah Montana on Disney channel...and of course, she won't have a problem spending the money if and when I hit the jackpot.  Go figure!!!  I hope they show it again soon...I just returned from an overseas trip and I have two things I want to focus on this year........winning the lottery and traveling.  Sure, I will work and do all the other prudent things the masses that don't win the lottery have to do in order to make a living, but I sure hope 2011 is my time to be holding that big annuitized jackpot check (even though I am going to opt for the cash value which is usually 50 percent of the amount written on the ceremonial check......guess they really can't just do the cash value amount on the check since they always advertise the annuitized jackpot amount on the electronic billboards and newspapers...people will start to wonder what happened to the other 50 percent of the money if only a single winning ticket won the jackpot).

Besides I like seeing how winning the lottery has changed people's lives for the better....and I like that TLC shows how the lottery changed my life just as much as they show Curse of the Lottery.  Hell, the way things are going, anything can be a curse......Curse of Social Security....Curse of Obamacare.....Curse of higher taxes.....Curse of Supposed Climate Change....Curse of Globalization.....Curse of Illegal Aliens.......you get my point.  So I think it unfair to focus on those few who couldn't manage good fortune in their lives.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #102882
                  December 27, 2010
                  334 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

My wife would have a heart attack if she saw me watching this series on TLC.  She thinks the lottery is evil.  But she would have no problem with me watching corny Hannah Montana on Disney channel...and of course, she won't have a problem spending the money if and when I hit the jackpot.  Go figure!!!  I hope they show it again soon...I just returned from an overseas trip and I have two things I want to focus on this year........winning the lottery and traveling.  Sure, I will work and do all the other prudent things the masses that don't win the lottery have to do in order to make a living, but I sure hope 2011 is my time to be holding that big annuitized jackpot check (even though I am going to opt for the cash value which is usually 50 percent of the amount written on the ceremonial check......guess they really can't just do the cash value amount on the check since they always advertise the annuitized jackpot amount on the electronic billboards and newspapers...people will start to wonder what happened to the other 50 percent of the money if only a single winning ticket won the jackpot).

Besides I like seeing how winning the lottery has changed people's lives for the better....and I like that TLC shows how the lottery changed my life just as much as they show Curse of the Lottery.  Hell, the way things are going, anything can be a curse......Curse of Social Security....Curse of Obamacare.....Curse of higher taxes.....Curse of Supposed Climate Change....Curse of Globalization.....Curse of Illegal Aliens.......you get my point.  So I think it unfair to focus on those few who couldn't manage good fortune in their lives.

make sure you get a divorce before u hit the jackpot

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2011, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

they dont have to show a channel where people try to win the lottery or a channel that shows you wich  ones are the winning numbers they should show a global channel about the lottery like people who have won for the whole world to see, globally the lottery is like a 300 Billion dollars a year industry, i dont understand....

there is not even a global gambling channel....wider audience...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2011, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Or get some legal document signed (with a notary) saying that the wife will have ZERO ownership of the money won from the lottery. I guarantee no matter how much she hates the lottery she won't want to sign it. You have to love those types of people.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                        Member #52345
                        May 21, 2007
                        2680 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2011, 7:32 am - IP Logged

I agree with both LuisM and ttech10

personally would love to be a spider on the wall for that fight Lurking

Fla386's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #99664
                          October 29, 2010
                          3332 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2011, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I was watching a few of them last night (gotta love dvr) and this was a question before a commercial break.

What numbers are drawn most often in the multi-state lotteries?

ANSWER :  Powerball 37, 20, and 18   In mega millions 7, 53, and 36

Fla386's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #99664
                            October 29, 2010
                            3332 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2011, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Green laugh