Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone ever physically lose tickets?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Los Angeles, CA
United States
Member #97910
September 26, 2010
278 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2011, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Just misplaced a Fantasy 5 ticket...God I hope that it's a losing ticket (or a winning ticket that I eventually find, but I have a feeling it fell out of my pocket at a grocery store parking lot). If you guys hear of a winning Fantasy 5 ticket purchased at a North Hollywood 7-Eleven...I give you all permission to track me down and smack me upside the head for not taking care of my ticket.

Been a regular lotto player for a year now, and I always put my tickets in my wallet, but this time I was in a hurry and stuffed it in my pocket. It was a QP and I didn't even look at it, so I hope they were crap numbers

I'll have peace of mind when I hear no news of a winning ticket at my 7-Eleven lol

United States
    Member #61232
    May 16, 2008
    126 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Several years ago I washed a PB ticket along with my wallet in the wash.  I was sick the whole night till the drawing and was relieved that it wasn't a winner.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2011, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I've lost lottery tickets but not often.  I pick my numbers using a computer program I wrote so I have a record of all the combinations I play and the dates I played them so I know I have never lost a ticket that won more than a dollar or two.  Take comfort in knowing your chances of losing a ticket that wins big is no better than your chances of buying a ticket that wins big.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
        Peoria IL
        United States
        Member #94520
        July 21, 2010
        63 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2011, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

For some strange reason my lab LOVES the sound of ripping paper and have on several occasions found bits of chewed up tickets, I swear last year around Christmas she got a decent size winner all the numbers sounded familar from my quick glance when I bought it. Oh well...I wouldn't trade my dogs for a million dollar ticket. I have learned to not leave my tickets on any area within her reach though. BTW, her name is Dharma (which IF she ate the big winner is nicely ironic).

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

Los Angeles, CA
          United States
          Member #97910
          September 26, 2010
          278 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Whew, no jackpot winners tonight lol

Keep the stories coming though

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40339 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2011, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Lost a few once riding with the window down in my car, they flew away.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2011, 7:11 am - IP Logged

For some strange reason my lab LOVES the sound of ripping paper and have on several occasions found bits of chewed up tickets, I swear last year around Christmas she got a decent size winner all the numbers sounded familar from my quick glance when I bought it. Oh well...I wouldn't trade my dogs for a million dollar ticket. I have learned to not leave my tickets on any area within her reach though. BTW, her name is Dharma (which IF she ate the big winner is nicely ironic).

Green laughsounds like a fun dog

and one more reason I'll go to my grave having a cat and two about the house

Can't say I've lost a ticket but I reckon if one was in such a hurry to get his/her stuff and get home to relax I can see how it'd happen

I hope no one loses a big winner

Puffalishous's avatar - disney20

United States
                Member #88150
                March 10, 2010
                318 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2011, 9:55 am - IP Logged

True story,

last Feb, my grandmother, called me and asked  me to play a number for her. The ended up coming out in the pick 3 that night. the problem was that i couldnt find the ticket. I think what  happened is that i had  gotten out the car and was carrying my son in his car seat, along with my purse and the diaper bag. The tickets were in my coat pocket, it was snowing and trying to carry everything caused them to  fall out of my pocket. When my grandmother called,I was looking for the ticket and couldnt find it anywhere. I remember being devastated because I didn't want my grandmother to think I was irresponsible. The ticket was a box for 41.50 and my mother said she would give me half to give to my grandmother. I remember telling my grandmother and she was so sweet and told me not to worry about it but I told her I wanted to pay her for the ticket since I had lost it so I took her the money the next day.

Fast forward to about  mid March, losing that ticket was still on my mind. The snow had melted and I remember thinking to walk along the pathway to get into building to see if the ticket was anywhere. I looked in the grass and didn't see anything. I was walking back and forth along the path when I saw something in one of the bushes.  I reached down and there it was! the ticket and the pick three lottery card, folded up and stuck in the bushes. I'm thinking that that it fell out my pocket as i was walking in that snowy day and had been buried under the snow in the bushes the whole time. even though it was only 41, I felt so redeemed and relieved. When I had the lost the ticket, I felt like I had let my grandmother down so to be able to call her and tell her that I had found the ticket after all that was a great feeling.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49642 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Just misplaced a Fantasy 5 ticket...God I hope that it's a losing ticket (or a winning ticket that I eventually find, but I have a feeling it fell out of my pocket at a grocery store parking lot). If you guys hear of a winning Fantasy 5 ticket purchased at a North Hollywood 7-Eleven...I give you all permission to track me down and smack me upside the head for not taking care of my ticket.

Been a regular lotto player for a year now, and I always put my tickets in my wallet, but this time I was in a hurry and stuffed it in my pocket. It was a QP and I didn't even look at it, so I hope they were crap numbers

I'll have peace of mind when I hear no news of a winning ticket at my 7-Eleven lol

Murphy's Law: The only time you'll lose a Lottery Ticket: Is when it's a Winner! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                    Florida
                    United States
                    Member #61435
                    May 22, 2008
                    906 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Never lost one but found one yesterday in the parking lot of Publix.  Wasn't a winner.....

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5588 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2011, 10:40 am - IP Logged

True story,

last Feb, my grandmother, called me and asked  me to play a number for her. The ended up coming out in the pick 3 that night. the problem was that i couldnt find the ticket. I think what  happened is that i had  gotten out the car and was carrying my son in his car seat, along with my purse and the diaper bag. The tickets were in my coat pocket, it was snowing and trying to carry everything caused them to  fall out of my pocket. When my grandmother called,I was looking for the ticket and couldnt find it anywhere. I remember being devastated because I didn't want my grandmother to think I was irresponsible. The ticket was a box for 41.50 and my mother said she would give me half to give to my grandmother. I remember telling my grandmother and she was so sweet and told me not to worry about it but I told her I wanted to pay her for the ticket since I had lost it so I took her the money the next day.

Fast forward to about  mid March, losing that ticket was still on my mind. The snow had melted and I remember thinking to walk along the pathway to get into building to see if the ticket was anywhere. I looked in the grass and didn't see anything. I was walking back and forth along the path when I saw something in one of the bushes.  I reached down and there it was! the ticket and the pick three lottery card, folded up and stuck in the bushes. I'm thinking that that it fell out my pocket as i was walking in that snowy day and had been buried under the snow in the bushes the whole time. even though it was only 41, I felt so redeemed and relieved. When I had the lost the ticket, I felt like I had let my grandmother down so to be able to call her and tell her that I had found the ticket after all that was a great feeling.

What a cool story! Nice happy ending.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                        Member #52345
                        May 21, 2007
                        2657 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2011, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

True story,

Type thats a great story .... thats a keeper