Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Breaking the Habit of Second Guessing.

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2011, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Looking for helpful tips to break the habit of second guessing myself when filtering lottery numbers.

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Begin tracking the filters.  How often does Filter 1 occur?  Filter 2?  And so on.  You might see a pattern develop which will help determine which filters to turn on and which to leave off.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40550 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

sometimes you just got to walk away and get a hot cup of tea, take a deep breath and start again.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2011, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

If you're second guessing yourself then you haven't done enough research to have faith in your first guess.  First guesses aren't going to always be right but if you've done the research to support it then you are going be satisfied with it even when it's wrong.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2011, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Looking for helpful tips to break the habit of second guessing myself when filtering lottery numbers.

Have you tried third guessing?

Las Vegas, NV
            United States
            Member #44841
            August 9, 2006
            1749 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

If you're just doing workouts with pen and paper/computer, and not putting any money down, then run both scenarios or more and see which one wins out (performs best).  If you are ready to spend big bucks, then I like the walk away, have tea, breathe deeply (I'll add meditate a little) and come back to it bit.

Good Luck!

P.S. keep in mind that when it comes time to put money on those ideas, you're ALWAYS going to second, third and fourth guess.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
              Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2011, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

Very often my second guess turned out to be the correct guess.

Ohio
                United States
                Member #106208
                February 14, 2011
                41 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2011, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Follow your habits... If your first guess turned out to be correct more than your second guess, then keep the first one...

I once wrote all 49 numbers (classic) on a peice of paper, started marking out the ones i believed wouldnt play that night. For some reason out of 29 numbers "17, 18, 19" were circled on my paper (apposed to X'd out). Those 3 numbers just stood out to me, but i second guessed, figuring since they were back to back they wouldnt play... That nights draw was 12 17 18 19 24 38 (I had 12/24/38 in the pool as frequent draws).. But because of my second guessing i didnt play 17 18 or 19.

Follow and record your guessing patterns, if more than not your first guess returned the best result, use it? Let It All Out

JP Wins 2011: $3.00(1) Ten-OH, $7.00(1) PowerBall, $70.00(1)/$2.00(7) OH Classic;

Scratch Wins 2011: $25.00(1)/$20.00(3) 100K A Year for Life, $5.00(1)/$1.00(8)/$2.00(6)/ENTRY(3) Cash Explosion, $8.00(3)/$2.00(7) Double Doubler; 

"You Can't Win If You Don't Play" ** But don't expect to win just because you play.

United States
                  Member #10885
                  January 29, 2005
                  30 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Ahhh the old 2nd guessing gets ya everytime!  Can't tell ya how many times I have

chosen numbers to play in Pick 3 made the bet not won then the next day pick #s

again but not play & then #s I choose would have won had I played them.  One week

ago I was testing an idea & wheeled 8#s in the Pick 4 but didn't play them & had I

played them I would have won $10,000 as two out of those 3 days of testing I had them

in exact order so had I played them straight could have been up $10 grand in 3 days.

My favorite is when I research & chart & make my best guess based on research & choose

8 #s to wheel in Pick 4 only leaving 2 #s unpicked & low & behold both of those 2 #s come

up in the next draw so had I played would  lost, now don't that just defie the odds or what!

How can a person pick 8 numbers to play leaving only 2 out & those dang 2 numbers come

up That Just Don't Seem Possible   Statistically one would think the odds of that happening

are pretty low but it keeps happening over & over to me!!!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1720 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2011, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Would love to find an answer to that one, Perdue. Assertive people make a decision, right or wrong, and go with the best information they have at the time. Football coaches call the play based on the information they have and......okay, some wake Monday morning regretting it. In baseball, and every other sport known to mankind, you play the percentages.

Making decisions based on the information available is the best any of us can do. Then we live with the outcome. May not be pretty, but think.....of Wade Phillips....in his underwear!!!!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2011, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

sometimes you just got to walk away and get a hot cup of tea, take a deep breath and start again.

sometimes you just got to walk away and get a hot cup of tea big glass of whiskey, take a deep breath and start again.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke