Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Copyright protection help.

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by picnic.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
479 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2011, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Thank you Eddessaknight, for the tip.

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2011, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Go Hire a Professional: Stop stealing the Time and Knowledge of LP Members for your own Financial Gain!

Ha,Ha,Ha, HAAAA,LMHOoooooFFFF....Raven, Raven !!! To me, You are are like the Supper well Informed/Protective/direct/Smart Sister in the Family...and sooo Funny sometimes...LOl...LOL...

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2011, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Hello Serge-

Here is a simple, straightforward method to bring Uncle Sam to help. Make a copy of everything you claim, fully seal w/ tape all in a envelope.

Now mail ipacket to yourself registered mail, after sign for delivery don't open same. Not sophistivated or expensive but it does put a time/date stamp on same which can be acceptable as basic prime proof of authorship/ownership if nothing has been filed before.

A temporary "POOR MANS COPYWRITE" but has president as legally accepted document.

Anyway something to consider in the meantime......

Bon Chance & Pray that St. Varton fpr protection Wink,

EddessaKnight Sun Smiley

Doing that will be a waste of a perfectly good stamp. Copyright is automatic on anything you author. The only way to register the copyright and get the protection that provides, is to actually register it.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49657 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2011, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Ha,Ha,Ha, HAAAA,LMHOoooooFFFF....Raven, Raven !!! To me, You are are like the Supper well Informed/Protective/direct/Smart Sister in the Family...and sooo Funny sometimes...LOl...LOL...

Mazk's http://www.lotterypost.com/member/8665 Website could be a Model for How to Protect Your Spreadsheets on the Internet. Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
          Member #65961
          October 11, 2008
          162 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2011, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

I would like to protect and secure my work that I have on Excel spreadsheet ? with a worldwide Copyright.

Since this is a computer data about Lottery, I'm not sure how to do it ?

Which way would be the best cover for it ?

If someone would copy, sell or use my work, I would be able to prouve that I'm the sole owner of it.

If anyone know anything about it, I'm all ears, any address, web site, or lawyer, I live in Los Angeles.

Thank you all.

Serge.

Hi Frenchie!

Here is what you need to do:

1) Put your discovery in a unpublished book format known as a manuscript.   Basically you just type it out with a cover page and at the bottom on the cover page, you will type (c) followed by the year your work was created, and your name.

(Example: (c) 2011 Jane Doe)

The book should be in manuscript form because it is not published work yet (in other words, do not bind it or staple the pages together)

This manuscript must explain what you have discoverd and include the Excel spreadsheet.

2) Next, go to the United States Patent and Tradmark Office website and file for the copyrights to your manuscript/book.

You will have to fill out a form, and pay a fee.  You will also have to submitt and copy of the manuscript.

Once it is granted you will own exclusive right to your work for several years.

If you have any problems with the form, you can always call the help line and that phone number is listed on the website. 

Remember to read through everything....it is important to know what to look for when you go on that site.

Hope this helps....

frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
            Los Angeles
            United States
            Member #75410
            June 2, 2009
            479 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2011, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Raven62 and Perfecttiming2, I will check it out.

Regards...

Serge.

paurths's avatar - underground
              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
              Belgium
              Member #19287
              July 29, 2005
              2254 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2011, 4:41 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

I would like to protect and secure my work that I have on Excel spreadsheet ? with a worldwide Copyright.

Since this is a computer data about Lottery, I'm not sure how to do it ?

Which way would be the best cover for it ?

If someone would copy, sell or use my work, I would be able to prouve that I'm the sole owner of it.

If anyone know anything about it, I'm all ears, any address, web site, or lawyer, I live in Los Angeles.

Thank you all.

Serge.

There is only 1 way to get that done, a patent.

A patent for every continent, not only in the USA.

Furthermore it is very difficult to get "a bunch of formula's" patented. Anyone can come up with it.
              Going to court with it, in case of you accusing someone of copying your "invention", in this case, there might be a verdict when the earth already gotten eaten by the sun.

And the only way to be sure that what you consider your own "invention", in this case, is actually your own "invention", is again a patent. Perhaps someone else has already invented your "invention" lol

Here's an example, concerning the lottery: say you wrote a ton of code to get produced some wonderful wheels , full, abbrev, keynumbered, name it... there is no law on being creative, which in this case means that you can not demand that 6 billion others are prohibited on trying to write the code to create such wheels as wel for their own. Mathematics are simply public property, otherwise education should become prohibited. It is not forbidden to learn...

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

picnic's avatar - Blinking eye.gif

Canada
                Member #102035
                December 13, 2010
                10 Posts
                Posted: March 14, 2011, 6:57 am - IP Logged

Mazk's http://www.lotterypost.com/member/8665 Website could be a Model for How to Protect Your Spreadsheets on the Internet. Thud

I went to webpage Raven62 mentioned & found a glaring mistake in the articles section under "Revealed" where it said ...

"You see, that 1-in-120,526,770 relates to buying ONE game.
                If you buy 10 games, your odds of winning First Prize are now 1-in-12,052,677.
                If you buy 100 games, your odds of winning First Prize fall to 1-in-1,205,268." 

This is totally false that your odds of winning drop by so much just because you buy extra tickets. In fact the truth is ...

If the odds are 1-in-120,526,770 for one ticket per game then ...
                If you buy 10 tickets, the odds of winning First Prize are now 10-in-120,526,770.
                If you buy 100 tickets, the odds of winning First Prize are 100-in-120,526,770.