Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Looking in the trash pays $$

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by emerald64.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #104435
January 14, 2011
2244 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Dont be embarrassed to pick a few tickets out of the trash and double check to see if they won. There are people out there who just scratch off the code or addicts who scratch 20 tickets at a time there head is spinning with numbers they dont even know which numbers to look for on the ticket they are scratching.

2 weeks ago I picked up a $4 dollar winner from the trash. Today I found a $30 winner, which is the highest I have found in the trash. The person scratched off H and Y and thought they were a loser and tossed the ticket. Well there was a T in front of those letters for "THY" or $30 Yes Nod

In the past I have found $1 - $15 winners on a semi regular basis. Next time you are out you just may find yourself some free money Thumbs Up

2014 Highest Winner: $500

management's avatar - 66f4nm
    CT
    United States
    Member #102318
    December 18, 2010
    41 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2011, 12:12 am - IP Logged

not for me.. sorry.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2011, 12:19 am - IP Logged

By "trash" I meant the little bin next to the lottery stand

2014 Highest Winner: $500

New York
        United States
        Member #105282
        January 28, 2011
        66 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2011, 7:22 am - IP Logged

Wow, thats pretty sweet james! Congrats   Cheers

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
          ORLANDO, FLORIDA
          United States
          Member #4924
          June 3, 2004
          5898 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2011, 7:37 am - IP Logged

Many years ago, I found a $100 winner 0n the sidewalk, outside of a 7/11, made my day.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
            The Ville, FL
            United States
            Member #95879
            August 19, 2010
            1708 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2011, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Dont be embarrassed to pick a few tickets out of the trash and double check to see if they won. There are people out there who just scratch off the code or addicts who scratch 20 tickets at a time there head is spinning with numbers they dont even know which numbers to look for on the ticket they are scratching.

2 weeks ago I picked up a $4 dollar winner from the trash. Today I found a $30 winner, which is the highest I have found in the trash. The person scratched off H and Y and thought they were a loser and tossed the ticket. Well there was a T in front of those letters for "THY" or $30 Yes Nod

In the past I have found $1 - $15 winners on a semi regular basis. Next time you are out you just may find yourself some free money Thumbs Up

I do check the scratch ticket (trash) bin at the gas station by my work. There are tickets in there all the time. I dont sit there and rummage through it, but if I see 3-4 of the $20 scratchers I will check and  see what # tickets were tossed out as losers.. Then I check the ticket counter and see if it is on the next ticket in line. You bet your azz, if someone just scratched 3-4 losers Im buying the next in line. =)

I have won off the "next in line" tickets before, so its not a bad idea.

Now, you wont find me in the dumpster out back with last nights chicken grease all over my work shirt and trash hanging off my pants, but I do check the Lottery trash bins which are sitting right next to the register. Thumbs Up

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
              suffolk county, Long Island, NY
              United States
              Member #56449
              November 19, 2007
              1508 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2011, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

By "trash" I meant the little bin next to the lottery stand

*james1....you are very correct ...i do the same and have found a few bucks on some tickets that ppl have trashed Cool  Naughty