Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Horse Racing...Can someone tell me...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 6 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

was surfing on the the internet the other day and can someone tell me why horse racing costs more than the lottery [$2.50 the ticket] and pays less than the lottery [$200 and $300] and who in their right mind is going to play that...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

was surfing on the the internet the other day and can someone tell me why horse racing costs more than the lottery [$2.50 the ticket] and pays less than the lottery [$200 and $300] and who in their right mind is going to play that...

there is no box win and who in their right mind is going to play that..

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2011, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Most horse races have between 8 and 12 horses so if tracks had fixed payoffs the best odds you could expect to get is 11 to 1. However horse racing is pari-mutual so even if you had the only winning ticket, the most you could win is the whatever is in the pool minus the track take percentage. Each race has three separate pools, Win, Place, and Show and some races have additional pools like Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta and multi race pools. The betters determine the odds on each horse or on each combination of horses in each pool.

Because pick-3 games have 3 drawings with 10 ping pong balls in each drawing, a better comparison would be picking the winner of three consecutive 10 horse races. For one race, the only comparable bet I can find in the pick-3 is betting that a particular number will be drawn in one of the drawing positions by using the front pair or back bets. A minimum bet of $5 would win $25 and a $20 profit. Past performance means much more in horse racing; if in his prime Secretariat ran against 9 non-winners of a race in 25 starts, he would only have a 1 in 9 chance of winning if his starting position number was represented by a ping pong ball and there was no actual race.

The lottery pays off that one number bet at 5 to 1 but keeps the $5 you bet so you really only win 4 to 1. If you bet $5 on a horse that goes off at 5 to 1, they will pay you $30. The highest lifetime Prize Ratio for pick-3 predictors on LP is 248.55% and is about the same as a horse better getting 1.49 to 1 odds. 

You really should do the math before deciding one bet is better than another and people making the other bet are crazy.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7295 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2011, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

there is no box win and who in their right mind is going to play that..

If you bet 1-2 in a Quinella you win if both horses finish first and second in either order. You can box Exactas and Trifectas too, but you can't bet a box on one horse.  Did you just look at the horse race payoffs?

People bet thousands of dollars on one hand of Blackjack to get even money if they win or 3 to 2 if they have an ace and a face. By your logic, they should be in Insane Asylums.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34100 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2011, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

You can Play a $1.00 and win Thousdands of dollars depending on a Race and what it Pays. Tri, and Superfecta, sometimes even Exactas.  I bet on a race at Tampa bay years ago and Had all the numbers Str8. but I should of boxed it. It paid $29,000 this is no lie, I played for $1.00 at Tampa Bay 10,8,6 I played it str8 for $1.00 I didn't get it because it came 10,6,8 I would of got 15,000 for a Box. So some of those races paid Big money and all were long Shots that is why it paid that much. That is the only time that happened in my life. I had a Headache.    Because I was so close to winning that amount LOL!!  I don't think you understand that way to Bet, because if you bet a long Shots and you play like 20.00, 50.00, or what ever you are going to get some big bucks Pumpi.  Tri, or Exacta, Super. Most Tracks, you pay $2.00 for a Race and there are 6 different ways to pay it.

Win Place Show. Ext. Tri. Super actually more ways. Double, Pick 3,Quin.Etc.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            34100 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Hawthorne you can play a Race for 50 cents a Trifectas. or $1.00

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.