Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does Anyone Have a Secret Ritual They Use ...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by joshuacloak.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
PA
United States
Member #106932
February 27, 2011
24 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2011, 11:08 am - IP Logged

for trying to hit the lottery? Of course I guess if it's "secret" then you aren't going to share it here with others. Maybe some of you have seen the 1946 film ... "Three Strangers" ... with Peter Lorre and Sidney Greenstreet ... sadly, I'm still waiting for it to show up on DVD but it plays on the cable/satellite stations every so often ... TCM (Turner Classic Movies) for one.

Three strangers, each with a serious problem in their lives, share a sweepstakes ticket which they wished upon together before a Chinese idol.

In London, during Chinese New Year in 1938, Crystal Shakleford brings two strangers, Jerome K. Arbutny and John West, to her apartment. There, Crystal keeps a statue of the Chinese goddess Kwan Yin, which according to legend, will open its eyes and heart to three strangers at the stroke of midnight, and whatever they ask for, it will grant. West suggests that the others buy into his sweepstakes ticket, and they agree that if their horse is chosen, they will not sell the ticket, but will hold it until the Grand National is run. While they wait for midnight, Crystal says she will use her share of the money to get her husband back; Arbutny hopes the money will ensure his election to the Barrister's Club; and West wants to buy a bar so that he can drink in peace. Before the clock is finished striking, a breeze extinguishes the candle lighting the idol, making it impossible to determine if her eyes actually open.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting film with a real twisted story and ending.

Some years back (1970's) I heard that a radio talk show host in Pittsburgh told people listening to his show to do this and they would get "wealthy" .... you take your "empty" wallet outside on the night of a full moon and look up and shout to the moon ... "Fill it up! ... Fill it up!"  .... can you imagine people all over the place shouting that at a full moon! I never heard if that was an old saying from folklore or if he just made it up to see what people would actually do.  .... and yes, in case you're wondering, some years later ... out of desperation, I tried it myself. I figured, "what the heck, it can't hurt" ... Well, to make this short, my wallet is still empty !!!  .... maybe it's because I "didn't" believe enough! I don't know ... anybody here ever hear this story before, actually do it and end up with a wallet full of money from a lottery hit or something?  ... Desperate times call for desperate measures!

OK ... but the film "Three Strangers" is a good film to watch, keep an eye open for it. I was checking the Chinese goddess Kwan Yin on the internet ... those statues actually exist and are very expensive ... saw one handmade for $2500. There are some clips of "Three Strangers" on YT. ... GLTA

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3316 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2011, 11:59 am - IP Logged

i need a new ritual to, my old one of handing over cash to lottery agent every week dont seem to be working.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7713 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2011, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I've seen that movie...anything with Sidney Greenstreet I'll watch. What a character,he was awesome! I agree...the movie was great. Thumbs Up 

As far as a ritual.....just always buy my tickets at small mom and pop stores,never big chains. Always rootin and tootin for the little guy and if I win a biggie... would rather see them profit over a Walmart or something.

PA
        United States
        Member #106932
        February 27, 2011
        24 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2011, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Well, you have it wrong savagegoose ... it's working for the lottery agent and the lottery! ... just not for you! ... I guess you could say, they are getting their wallets "filled up" with your dollars! ... and they don't even have to shout at the moon.

Maybe Todd can try a little experiment ... get 50,000 members to agree to go out at the next full moon with their empty wallets and shout ... "Fill it up! ... Fill it up!" ... then we wait to see if anyone posts any big lottery hits over the next week.  .... if a hundred thousand people did that, you'd think a few people might actually hit something and the folklore legend would grow. If you come up with a "winning" ritual ... be sure to tell the rest of us! ... good luck to all.

PA
          United States
          Member #106932
          February 27, 2011
          24 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

yes, great film ... I have watched it many times ... I watch the idol's eyes at the stroke of midnight ... the camera is right on the statue and I can't tell if the eyes open or not. The candle goes out and it's anyone's guess, if those eyes did open. Oh well ... some people will say the eyes did open and others will say they didn't open ... it's neat how they filmed that scene ... those were the good films!

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            42221 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2011, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I have  Steve Yzerman and Magglio Ordonez bobbleheads, I put my tickets under them for luck.

HyperBe Happy.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              51260 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2011, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

You can find some interesting rituals posted here:

http://www.lotterypost.com/search/forums?q=ritual&t=all&f=13

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

PA
                United States
                Member #106932
                February 27, 2011
                24 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2011, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link ... I've been reading here for years and I never saw any of those discussions before. Got some reading to do.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: March 8, 2011, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

The Three Strangers movie sounds interesting.

I'd just like to have one of those cameras like those people had in a Twilight Zone episode, the one that took pictures of the results of horse races before the race. Remember that?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

PA
                    United States
                    Member #106932
                    February 27, 2011
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2011, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

The Three Strangers movie sounds interesting.

I'd just like to have one of those cameras like those people had in a Twilight Zone episode, the one that took pictures of the results of horse races before the race. Remember that?

I do remember that TZ episode ... like to see that one again, been years since I watched it. Have to hunt around for it ... sometimes the Si-Fi channel has a TZ marathon ... they had one over the New Year's Holiday, I think. Yes, try to see "Three Strangers" someday. Might be something around on the internet ... but it's a movie to watch at night with low light, candle light preferred ... and be watching to see if those eyes on the idol actually open. I swear they look like they might have opened but it all happens so fast. ... good luck tonight on the Mega Millions, whoever is playing ... nice jackpot!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                      Northern Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #83350
                      December 5, 2009
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2011, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

When I first began checking lotto numbers in 2000, I noticed that my birthday had a tendency to win on days that I went to the doctor's office. 

When I discovered I could check U.S. lotto results on the Internet in December 2002, I then discovered that my birthday had a tendency to win if I bought lunch or dinner from Subway that day, or if I wore a bow tie.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

mayhem's avatar - 142g5yd
                        Fort Worth, TX
                        United States
                        Member #106060
                        February 11, 2011
                        188 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2011, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Personally I would develop a strategy and apply it without spending any money. If over a month I came out ahead in multiple lotteries, I would start spending (making) actual money.

That and drink raw goat blood every full moon. Works for me. Cool

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                          Member #32537
                          February 12, 2006
                          698 Posts
                          Posted: March 8, 2011, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Mystical forum the place, thro this is a joke related thread or how its going so i guest it does fit here....

anyway the day i see anything

Secret Ritual/magic based, claim they won the jackpot by its power, my suggestion is to PROVE IT

win it 2nd or 3rd time then, thats right You Can't win pb or mm that many times, sense their full of crap.

their 1 really fat personal "my point being that shows poor Choice's already not to smart etc....."

who said he was a witch, and asked one of hes many gods or something to give him a lottery win and he teach hes beliefs if he won.

it was on tlc lottery changed my life, and covered here in news story's

o lookie, search sure works fine:D

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/165669

read that rofl.

will i have also seen god blessed me with this, so i must give to charity, bs,        the fact is their already billions who have a "magic"  friend , who grants them wish's , aka praying and  all that crap.   some also think demons are out for their souls........

to then, any winners claiming jackpots for their First time, saying gods or whatever ritual was Just crazy before their win, and ever now and then their has to be crazy winners sense they also play in large numbers.

the day i see someone win mm/pb jackpot  back to back to back, am talking powerball ,mega millions jackpots here, and claiming they have any kind of Mystical/ritual/ whatever powers helping them, then i give them Not being crazy a 2nd look into

its going to take a  1 in a trillion rare type of human born aka evil genius to make the lottery's hardest games into hes personal play thing