Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch off ticket consulting

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 6 years ago by James1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
FL
United States
Member #104946
January 22, 2011
105 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2011, 7:50 am - IP Logged

More so than in the past as with most things, I'm seeing that the different state lotteries are either borrowing from each other or are using the same consulting firm/group to work with on creating the scratch games.

Look at (search google since can't post links)  Illinois lottery color of money.   They have Color of money and oh look Black but Black is a 10.00 ticket.  I know New York had Black as well, I think they may have been first.

Anyway, interesting but also each state does change a few things, I just wonder how they share the graphics, names and prize levels amongst each other.  Since getting any small group to communicate effectively is difficult yet across the nation the same Games are being presented separately for each state.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2011, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I noticed that as well Wish...Also GA has a "Black" scratch off for $10, while FL has it for $5...Also you can win $1 Million with the GA Black, and FL's $5 Black only offers $250K

It is interesting though. Also with Billion Dollar Blockbuster, I believe several other states used that as well. They all must use the same printing facility, or consultants

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2011, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I was under the impression that there were only a handful of Scratch card manufacturers, and one in particular, scientificgames.com, is a primary supplier in the US.

I have no idea how it works, but I can imagine that they have a large portfolio of designs and games to choose from, and then work with the various state lottery commissions to select, modify and customize the games for their particular needs and regulations. Kind of like buying drapes from a catalog or something.(I have no idea about that experience either...fortunately ;)

We have the Set for Life scratcher here in CA, like a bunch of other states. It is slightly modified for each state, but a lot of the graphics and concept is the same.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #104435
        January 14, 2011
        2244 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2011, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

They all use the same lame designs. Even Floridas $20 LFL and FMC are the same theme with different colors Crazy

2014 Highest Winner: $500