Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Current Mega Millions Run

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Will the current MM reach $300,000,000

Yes [ 8 ]  [24.24%]
No [ 21 ]  [63.64%]
It will reach $400,000,000 [ 4 ]  [12.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
md
United States
Member #14047
April 20, 2005
580 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2011, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I think it will reach $260,000,000 only.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42185 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2011, 11:54 am - IP Logged

I think it will go Friday.

HyperBe Happy.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
      Denver, Co
      United States
      Member #103046
      December 29, 2010
      546 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2011, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, Friday it is. I decided yesterday to let someone else have a crack at it, but no one wanted it so I'm gonna go for it on  Friday.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51218 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2011, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I think it will reach $260,000,000 only.

What do you get for guessing the size of the Jackpot: Nothing, Zero, Zip! Thud

What do you get for guessing the Numbers Drawn: The Jackpot (Whatever It May Be)! Hurray!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20246 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2011, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Going to 300,000  + 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

mdmegamillplyr's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            Baltimore, MD
            United States
            Member #67219
            November 20, 2008
            105 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2011, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

i think it might have gone 300m plus had they not added all the new states, think that many new players will keep the jackpot under 300m...just my dos cientos :D

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2011, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

When ever the jackpot is large enough to attract enough players to have eighteen players match 5+0, it's likely to go the next drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                Member #32537
                February 12, 2006
                698 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2011, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

i sure think overall, jackpot will be favored to roll

thro we are very close to 50/50 odds of it going ether way, i give you that...

we just had about the same run , spot  on run overall amounts, form 2 months ago

i give you a run down of it with the total match 5 winners, to show its luck of the draw

draw for December 28, 2010. 200 Million - it only had 15  5-0  winners, not ever 5 white numbers  combo out their has many players you know.

then December 31, 2010 $242 Million  had only 19 winners, just  1 more then one we had for our 172 draw 5-0 winners!

, my point its just luck of draw.

we are nearing 50/50 , but it can  sure roll over, odds favor it.

now  thro, when you have insane sells of 300+ million, ya the jackpot must likly Doomed.... but at 200m  levels,  ah 50.50 if not little more in favor of the jackpot , sell wise of total tickets played

January 04, 2011 380 Million had 57  5-0 winners,   really 59 people with 5 white numbers

now sense their only 46 mega balls,     and we had 59 people with 5 white numbers, it really didn't matter what that 6th mega ball was,

it was DOOMED to be won, maybe their was 1 or 2 mega balls at must that had no players,

59 people with 5 white numbers could of just had copy's of each other numbers, hance why their was 2 diff tickets winning

so the jackpot at that point maybe had a 2 to 6% chance  maybe at best of rolling, ya , talk about being out gunned.   it was raped

my point being,  wait to its over 23 players before you say players have the chance,  as thats half the mega balls being covering

to half the mega balls are covered,  jackpot in my mind has the odds on its side of getting by, thro at this point its getting so"even" 50/50 whats the point,  just saying

to we get to ticket selling madness of 300 m level,   jackpot can keep rolling easy

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                  NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  12118 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2011, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I think it will go Friday.

I AGREE.I also feel that it will go on friday.US Flag

ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND DREAM TO WIN A JACKPOT

ALL YOU NEED IS A DOLLAR AND A DREAM

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3501 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2011, 1:12 am - IP Logged

When ever the jackpot is large enough to attract enough players to have eighteen players match 5+0, it's likely to go the next drawing.

What happens, happens, but Friday's drawing is nearly twice as likely to produce a rollover as a winner.  The increase in the jackpot suggests that officials expect to sell about 68 million tickets for the current drawing.  If there were no duplicate combinations that would mean that about 39% of combinations would be sold, and there would be a 60% chance of a rollover. Since there will be plenty of duplicate combinations only about 35% will be used, so there's about a 65% chance of a rollover.

Based on the last run, a rollover on Friday will result in a jackpot of about  240 million, or an increase of $25 million for the cash value. That would means sales of about 85 million tickets. That means selling about 42% of the combinations, and a 58% chance it will roll again.

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #21206
                      September 4, 2005
                      949 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2011, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Surprisingly, on 13th draws since the possibility of cross selling in MM, the average sales for 13th draws is actually lower than it was before cross selling, about 50 million.

I expect though, that is about to change, though.

You're right though, the probability of a rollover is much greater than the probability of one winner or more.

However probability has nothing to do with outcome.

The recent $380 million (annuity) jackpot's most probable outcome, with about 230 million in sales was one winner, and the second most probable outcome was another rollover, which had about a 1 in 4 probability of occuring.

The third most likely outcome, two winners, was the number of winners actually observed.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3501 Posts
                        Posted: March 18, 2011, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Yup. Probability only tells us what's likely to happen; the news tells us what actually happened. And in the end, we're all hoping for an extremely unlikely outcome.

When I wrote the last post it was still a few minutes before the PB rollover was announced. For the last MM run the 200 million jackpot was up against a 20 million PB jackpot. Now that it's up against an 85 million jackpot, I suspect sales will be a bit smaller. Since that should make rollovers a little bit more likely for each drawing, maybe things will align and we'll see that extra rollover that makes things really get crazy and a jackpot of 325 to 350 will roll to the 500 area. Or maybe the next drawing will turn up 3 winners.

United States
                          Member #26330
                          November 16, 2005
                          330 Posts
                          Posted: March 18, 2011, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I think this one may...go...all...the...way...BABY!!

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
                            Member #65961
                            October 11, 2008
                            162 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2011, 1:05 am - IP Logged

I think this one may...go...all...the...way...BABY!!

Since it rolled to $244 million, it will be interesting to see how much excitement will be generated...

(Remember back in January it grew something like $148 million in between draws....)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #55889
                              October 23, 2007
                              5766 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2011, 10:08 am - IP Logged

The higher it gets, the more occasional players will join in that don't normally play, the better the chance it will be hit.

In fact, I play every drawing regardless of jackpot size. But.......when it's this big, the "dollar and a dream" thing goes out the window. I'll put a little more on it. LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)